Issues after battery change

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Kelscar
Car: 2007 Versa Hatchback SL Magnetic Gray,
2014 Murano SL Platinum Graphite

The battery in my wife's car, '14 Murano SL died on her last Saturday, luckily at home. It tried to start but clearly the battery didn't have it anymore to start. So, I bought a new battery since this was the original battery and figured it was time, installed it, easy, no problem. Hopped in it to start it up, crank but no start. Checked what I could think of but no luck. Looked on this forum for others with this issue, no luck. I have had battery failure twice over the years on her '09 Murano and had zero issues after those changes. I decided to check fuel pressure since I saw some on here had the same type starting issue, no mention of it after a battery change though. That process in the manual states to remove the fuel pump fuse and start the engine to relieve the pressure on the fuel line so it can be separated to install a pressure gauge. I pulled the fuse, pushed the start button, the engine cranked and tried to start :confused: . I was curious so I reinstalled the fuel pump fuse and the car started up. I have had no further issue, it starts and runs great.
I put all this here to ask if someone can explain what really happened. I realize the low battery could have caused some strange things to happen, but obviously power was removed when I removed the battery, so what needed to be "reset" in the fuel pump circuit to make it happy and start?
Just collecting more information for the "next time".

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Probably just a fluke, Murphy's law raising its' head at the most inopportune of times..........work on enough cars and you find lots of inexplicable things that happen momentarily. The fun is recognizing whether the fluke was real or not.

Scheib
Car: 2014 Nissan Murano AWD Platinum

I think there’s something to what you’ve reported because we had our battery changed last fall and it threw a code about the fuel system that was discovered at our last service a couple of weeks ago when they pinged the OBD system. It makes it difficult to get anything done unless you’re at a private Japanese garage or the dealer.

macgiver

mac , that is weird and seems a kind of "Fluke" because I just disconnected my neg cable to bleedbrakes on my 2014 Juke (push-start) , I bleed twice yearly this way and never had this - although I know it "Resets" MIL to where it shows "diconnection/reset" and to clear Emissions you gotta do the 20 mile "Goof - ride" so all "systems" checkout in Hard Memory (like CAT etc.). :chuckle:

Return to “Murano Forum”