is it possible Nissan Patrol VQ35de?

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
guderiancol
Car: Patrol Y60 TB42 1992
Sentra B13 1600 aut 2007
Nissan Versa (tiida) 2007

Hi im new, from Colombia and active member of patrol4x4.com.

I am very interested to swap a vq35de in my Nissan Patrol 1992. It comes with 4.200 gasoline engine (TB42) and Carby.

Consumption is killing my wallet ( 14Kms per galon) (i have installed electronic ignition, and bla, bla bla) and it still drinking fuel like sponge.

I think swap a VQ35DE in my nissan patrol, for their low fuel consuption vs tb42, also it is a very popular engine in the United States and parts are everywhere, it has good power and as far as it is durable as well. Nissan used it in dakar rallye inside D22 pickup.http://www.nissan-motorsports.com/EN/SP ... index.html

I have read in this forum that someone made a trasplate VH45DE in a patrol but those engines are old and not very popular in USA, or am I wrong, anyways vh45de likes gas too.
I want to hear your opinions, my patrol comes with 5-speed manual gearbox that it is big and reliable.
I almost forgot, the nissan patrol is coupe (2 doors) and its weigth is 4,288lbs
I'm not doing 4x4 extreme but I want to make long journeys without tanking all the time. Iam the best friend of gas station`s owners... :wtf2:
I hope to spent not more than 5000 bucks in this project so all advices are welcome

Thank you all

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”