Is Infiniti EX an upmarket Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
RogueSeeker
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD & 1997 Ford F-150

I just saw pics of the new Inifiniti EX. It certainly looks like the Rogue. Does anyone know how much of it is Rogue and how much may have been "improved" to make it worthy of the Inifiniti price increase?dk

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

Exterior does look like a rogue, but the interion is lots different (Navigation). Power lots different - 6 cylinder, Rear wheel drive..

http://www.infiniti.com/exconcept/lsco.html

Iridiman
Car: 2008 Rogue Iridium Graphite loaded, 1996 BMW Z3 and 2001 M Roadster

Here is a link:

http://www.infiniti.com/exconcept/lsco.html

It looks like a primarily RWD vehicle with AWD option , a powerful V6 engine and 5 speed Auto transmission (not CVT). Similar size to the Rouge but little else in common.

Etch
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL - Phantom White

I'm sure it's based on the same body and the instrument cluster looks very similar.

RogueSeeker
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD & 1997 Ford F-150

Thanks for the replies! I found a link with some more information. http://consumerguideauto.howst...x.htm

It seems there is no real relation between the two - except some styling similarities. The EX will be based on the FM platform (G35) and the Rogue is on the C platform.

And, it should start in the high $30s which is more than I wanted to spend.

So, the Rogue is still at the top of my list...dk

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

For those still interested. I saw today that the EX 35 will be the highlighted car on next weeks Autoweek on PBS.

rogueish
Car: 2008 Rogue SL

That Infinity makes me want to lower our Rogue to have that same stance!

Rogueman
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

rogueish wrote:That Infinity makes me want to lower our Rogue to have that same stance!

Same here! lol then get bigger rims to have the look altogether

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Etch wrote:I'm sure it's based on the same body and the instrument cluster looks very similar.
Actually, not even close.

The Rogue is built on the Global C platform, shared with the Sentra, which is originally a compact sedan platform, with a front, transverse engine mount configuration and natively front wheel drive. The EX35 is built on the second generation Front Midship platform, which is shared with the G37 and second-generation G35 sedan, has a front midship, longitudinal engine mount configuration (most of the engine is behind the front axle) and natively rear wheel drive in design. Virtually nothing is shared between Rogue and EX35.

-Ed

Etch

EddNog wrote:
Actually, not even close.

The Rogue is built on the Global C platform, shared with the Sentra, which is originally a compact sedan platform, with a front, transverse engine mount configuration and natively front wheel drive. The EX35 is built on the second generation Front Midship platform, which is shared with the G37 and second-generation G35 sedan, has a front midship, longitudinal engine mount configuration (most of the engine is behind the front axle) and natively rear wheel drive in design. Virtually nothing is shared between Rogue and EX35.

-Ed
Well I said based on the same body, not platform. The body looks very similar. it may be a totally different frame and drive configuration, but the body of both looks very close.

Palmateer
Car: 2011 Ford Mustang V6 premium convertible

Thanks to EddNog for that very clear distinction. Platform is much more important than panel styling.

When you get a chance to compare the interiors of the two cars, you will see very little in common there, either.
Etch wrote:
Well I said based on the same body, not platform. The body looks very similar. it may be a totally different frame and drive configuration, but the body of both looks very close.

Etch

Palmateer wrote:Thanks to EddNog for that very clear distinction. Platform is much more important than panel styling.

When you get a chance to compare the interiors of the two cars, you will see very little in common there, either.
Interiors are a bit different, but the actual instrument pod looks very similar as well. I'm sure there some borrowed parts and that doesn't mean they have to be based on the same platform.

Return to “Rogue Forum”