Introduce Yourselves

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

Hmm. I guess I need to start bugging people in Canada then and get them in shape. We'll find you a way to get parts, either through a dealer or someone that can get them across the border.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

iluvmyVersa08 wrote:
Now if only us Canadians could have access to some American only parts for the Versa.
Maybe I'm missing something, but that seems as simple as ordering frmo one of our Nissan OEM parts suppliers: http://www.nicoclub.com/subpages/addirectory.shtml

iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

Promise Land wrote:Hmm. I guess I need to start bugging people in Canada then and get them in shape. We'll find you a way to get parts, either through a dealer or someone that can get them across the border.
That would be great.

I want an alarm on her, and can't get one through Nissan Canada. I was willing to pay the dealership but they didn't have the part.

Trust me, I'm sure the salesman is sick of me. I email him all the time with a question about another product that I would like, lol.

iluvmyVersa08

AZhitman wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but that seems as simple as ordering frmo one of our Nissan OEM parts suppliers: http://www.nicoclub.com/subpages/addirectory.shtml
I could order from an american website, but than duty and shipping charges would most likely outweigh the initial cost of the item, not to mention adding the foreign exchange rate to it.

I want our Canadian dealerships to be able to order and install the parts for us here. I don't want any parts of my warranty to be voided, so I want them to be able to install it for me.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Gotcha - I understand.

I'm thinking of doing a special deal for our Versa owners on the custom catback we build... Dan (CodeRed) has one and loves it...

raventree
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa Sedan

Greetings fellow mutants!!

I own a 2008 Versa 1.8S sedan, Black,automatic, OEM alloy rims, quite stock...A few avionics related stickers under the hood is all I've done so far..(gets a few laughs from the mechanics BTW).

Am looking to do some lighting and audio mods later on...but for now, I've a trip to Brazil planned and have to watch those pennies...

bondiblue
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa 1.8S HB ---- 2003 Dodge Durango SXT Sport

I am new here as well. My wife and I just picked up a new 2009 Versa 1.8S hatch in Magnetic Gray for her new car. We traded in our 2007 Altima 2.5S for it. Miss the extra power, don't miss the car payments. It's about as plain jane and stock as you can get, but I'll throw a pic up anyways. The only "mod" it will probably ever get is tint, since I hate when I have to drive something that makes me feel like I'm in a fishbowl.

C11trbo
Car: 09 versa 1.8 6mt, base model

bout mine in september. 1.8 6mt base. already has 11000 miles lol. No problems at all, GREAT gas mileage. megan lowering springs, cai, muffler delete pipe with nice 2" tip. oem headunit with performance technique 1200 watt monoblock amp and 2 12" ma subs.

Suavsilk
Car: 2007 Nissan TIIDA ST Sedan

Hey guys

This Tiida is my first car, i love it. What great cars you all have!I'm having a few issues with some modifications im doing, will search/post later, for now here's a couple of images:

I put a new head unit for the stereo system in, it does everything you would expect. My fav features are its bluetooth connectivity, so i can play music from my phone and usb connectivity (i use it to charge my e-cigarette)

You can kinda see my replacement speakers here, they aren't great but they are better than what came with the car. You can also see the silver LED housing and the feint glow of the blue LED's against the flash of the camera.

My phone camera isn't great, but here is a picture without the flash to try to show the effect the LED's make. Its better IRL tho :p

The same picture but shopped, so you can better see the position of the mod and stuff. The remote for my stereo is velcro'd to the floor.

My dog Shadow and the Tiida behind.

Don't worry there's not much to see, its just a stock ST Sedan.

My mods so far are:Darkest legal window tintReplaced head unitReplaced rear speakersBlue LED's in rear doors behind speaker grill

Still to come:DIY sensor headlightsReplacement dome light (super bright LED)Replacement luggage compartment light (ice blue)Custom headlightsCustom Tail lightsFog lightsNew head unit (yeh.. i want an even better one than the one i have!)Newer speakers all round inc. Subwoofer (id like to keep that huge boot space and use 2 8" Fusion Reactor Slimline subs under each front seat) http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBay...123New Rims / TyresMaybe loweredMaybe paint job (i like black)Replacement inside trimSome kind of surf board carrying system lolRear view cameraCustom Grills / Skirts

Thats all what i want done now! too bad money dosnt grow on trees! haha

Modified by Suavsilk at 12:57 AM 1/31/2010
Modified by Suavsilk at 1:00 AM 1/31/2010

NIreturn
Car: Nissan Maxima 2009

Hello Fourm,

I know that this is mainly for the Versa crowd but I figured a Nissan advocate is a Nissan advocate. I drive, my new baby, a 2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5-liter V6 290 hp and 261 pound-feet of torque. Leather and all the extras that I could afford. The CVT is awesome. Also I work in tax returns in Charlotte NC so if any one needs some advice look me up here:

http://www.brilliantdeductions.net/

Hope to get a lot from this community!

Pbies
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa H/B 1.8SL 6mt

well now that i figured out you have top hit reply we wil try this again! Just picked up my new 2010 Versa 1.8SL h/b with the sport package and 6 spd manual. So far I have the windows tinted and picked up a set of winter tires and rims. By the looks of this site, I will have to get busy with some mods to keep up!

ArgentoReloaded
Car: Nissan Tiida (Versa) 1.8 Tekna

Hi Guys! I´m a newcomer to the forums and to the Versa / Tiida! My Tiida HB is about two months old and is my first Nissan ever. Nissan is well known brand at Argentina but it was out of the market for most of the 90s and the Tiida is the first car it sells in many years. I like the car but I feel it little bit soft -mostly at high speeds.

09versa808
Car: 09 nissan versa

ay wats up my name is greg and im from maui, hawaii. i got a silver 09 versa hatch with manual trans.

mods done:-obx headers-dynomax exhaust-fujita cai-megan springs-18" rims with 35 series tires-20% tints all the way around-kenwood deck-soundstream 2000 watt amp-12"xxx sub-kenwood door speakers all around

mods to come:-bucket seats-billet grill-smoked out head and tail lights-full cat-back exhaust
Modified by 09versa808 at 5:47 PM 3/27/2010

Promise Land
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

I see you took off the balck-out covering on the tops of your doors. I like it. What color is your car, white or light silver?

Any pics of your sub work?

wendygirl
Car: 07' Nissan Versa Hatchback

Hello All!

I drive an 07' hatchback and love it! Just a few new problems/noises though, so I am here to see if anyone else has had the same issues.

09versa808
Car: 09 nissan versa

my v is the silver and i just fried that sub and i didnt get any pics of it. im thinking of putting two 12" subs bet i havent found out witch ones i wanna put yet. it does look good without the backout but it was a pain to remove it.

lpelusa
Car: nissan versa

hello,

im luis from nyc, im an architect major/draftsman...i bought a blue 07 nissan versa hatchback with 47k..so far..i love my blue nismo...best investment yet....mods soon to come...

Mule Gal
Car: 2010 Versa Hatchback

I'm Sal in northern rural California. Bought a 2009 Versa hatchback a few months ago. Fun to drive and happy with mileage. A few small glitches that have me wondering. I'll address them later. Glad to have found this forum
Mule Gal Sal

08versailles
Car: 08 Versa SL 6sp
09 Altima 2.5S cvt REAR ENDED and WRITTEN OFF
13 Charger SXT 8sp auto

Hi all.
My name is Jay, from the Hamilton On area.
I am so noob, i haven't picked up my V yet.
Hopefully ready this week!
Bought it to replace 2001 Sentra 5sp, 312800km.
Not dead yet, but tired of no A/C!
Upgrades to include speaker transfer from 01, tint, better tires.
We'll see after that.
I like the versaspeed grille upgrade, lowering kit, dvd etc.
Have lurked this forum for years as Sentra owner, now voila!
told wife about Renault connection and she said Nissan Versaille! :bowrofl:
It stuck!
Photos after delivery.
More impressions to come.
Like this car and NICO very much. Very comprehensive!

Promise Land
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

glad you made the jump to poster. welcome.

blueish
Car: 2009 Versa Hatchback

Hi! My name's Ellen and we just bought a 2009 Versa 1.8s Hatchback. I know, she's used, but i still love her. She's the only red alert i've seen in town. She was a rental, so we got all the options we wanted for much less than a new car. Bought the 4 yr extended, so she's just as good as new. I also have an '01 Xterra that I drive in the winter and i wanted something better on gas for the summer. Ordered Vent Visors for her last week and they're being installed on monday. I'll be putting the TomTom in there this weekend and playing with that for a bit. I'll be adding more stuff as the month passes. Y'all know how we are with a new toy!!

iluvmyVersa08

Welcome blueish:D Any pics of your Versa?
I have a red one too :D :D

blueish

no pics yet. been raining like crazy. supposed to clear up in a couple days, so i'll post pics after the vent visors are on. thanks for the welcome!!

iluvmyVersa08

Yes post up pics when she is all clean :)

Did you get the visors from Nissan? They are super easy to install ... My dealership charges a ridiculous amount of money for everything here (Canada) so I buy everything from the US, and install it myself. LOL!

blueish

the vent visors were not available thru nissan. not showing as an available accessory. so i bought them at auto zone and hubby is putting them on. i really wanted them because i have them on my xterra and can't deal with not having them on any other vehicle.

iluvmyVersa08

Our dealership sells them here for a ridiculous amount of money. I ordered mine through Bob at versaspeed.com
You should visit his site, he sells accessories and parts for the Versa :D

lostsheep
Car: 2010 Versa

Hello. My name is John and I live in Victoria, BC. I have had my 2010 Versa 1.8 SL for about two months now. My previous car was a 2006 Chevy Aveo. It was decent transportation but the Versa is such a huge improvement. I am loving it.

My Versa is Metallic Ice with a black interior. My wife and I are leaving on a trip to Nevada about the middle of July, so we are hoping the love affair with the Versa will continue.

I have noticed a fair bit of water dripping under the car after driving for a few hours. I know that the AC will produce condensation but I do not use the AC in an attempt to maximize mileage. I have checked and it doesn't appear to be antifreeze and the drip seems to be between the engine and the firewall. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. I look forward being a part of this forum.

08versailles
Car: 08 Versa SL 6sp
09 Altima 2.5S cvt REAR ENDED and WRITTEN OFF
13 Charger SXT 8sp auto

lostsheep wrote: My previous car was a 2006 Chevy Aveo. It was decent transportation but the Versa is such a huge improvement. I am loving it.

My wife and I are leaving on a trip to Nevada about the middle of July, so we are hoping the love affair with the Versa will continue.

I have noticed a fair bit of water dripping under the car after driving for a few hours. I know that the AC will produce condensation but I do not use the AC in an attempt to maximize mileage. I have checked and it doesn't appear to be antifreeze and the drip seems to be between the engine and the firewall. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome John!
A little roomier than the Aveo eh? Just a bit!
I believe the AC compressor runs when the front defroster is on, thus condensate from AC lines etc.
I commute lots in my V, and I'm eager to hear how the Nevada trip goes.

xradchadx
Car: 2009 S HB

Howdy! Well heck, my name's Chad. I'm in the Coast Guard in Mobile, AL. I've got an 09 S HB. It is stock. I got it new back in Sep right off the truck. First new car ever owned, and very pleased so far. There's a few rattles I don't like so far, but I guess you get what you pay for. Anyhoo, I just ordered some new Q clips so I can put my old Yakima on it. I want to put some factory rims on it, but they are super expensive. Not sure what I'm gonna do there. This is my wife's car, so I cant do anything crazy. Personally I want it lowered with some Slipstreams on it, But that'll never happen. Well, thats about it. Later.

dillonversa
Car: 2008 Versa hatchback

My girlfriend recently bot an 2008 Versa HB and I'm posting on her behalf actually.
I'll try to post some pics soon.

She really likes it's handling, visability and gas mileage.

Unfortunately she's damaged the fuel door (don't ask how!) and needs to find a replacement. Shouldn't be too hard to switch out I think.

My question is is this exclusively a dealer part or could there be any chance of trying to find an after market version.

TIA

Paul ;)

Return to “Versa General Chat”