Introduce Yourselves

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
kennethbokor
Car: 2008 SL w/Sport Package & Moonroof

Hello, I have a 2008 Versa SL Sedan with Sport Package, Technology Package and Moonroof. Have done more cosmetic mods including 10/35 Tint windows, sunroof visor, window visors, front bug deflector, VG shark-fin antenna replace, DC Sports Front Strut Bar, heating control knobs replace, Class 1 Hitch w/Thule multi-bike carrier and 16-inch Touren TR60 Machined Black Wheels with Sailun Attrezzo Z4 +AS 205/55/16 Tires.

I am based in Caledon Ontario and am trying to get more active with other members, meet ups, cruises, etc. I welcome the wealth of information found on this site and to learning more.

Thinking of CAI, SRI or drop-in, performance exhaust and maybe other mods down the line.

http://s965.photobucket.com/user/kennet ... SL%20Sedan

greenmountainversa
Car: 2012 Versa HB, S Trim Automatic.

Hi all,

The name's Jeff, and I'm a new-ish Versa owner. I grabbed a 2012 Hatchback, S trim, in June of 2013 brand new, and I've been enjoying it ever since! Still keeping it pretty stock for the moment - less than 7k on it so far - but I'm sure I'll be looking to play around a little one the spring and summer comes - even if it's something as simple as adding window visors. Looking forward to reading more about the fun and interesting things everyone's doing to their Versas!

yen2go
Car: 2012 Nissan Versa SDN

Hi, my name is yen2go. I'm a 50 something year old gal who manages a convenient store & fosters teens in coldest & snowiest part of NE Pennsylvania. After being side crushed by a mall christmas shopper I was forced to act quickly in buying a replacement car ! I bit the bullet and purchased a 2012 Versa sedan from a well known car rental company. 1st time not buying with cash outright. 1st time having full coverage & repair coverage as well. I knew I wanted an eco car that could fit several teenagers. When I saw the Versa on there website I researched the model and knew it was a good fit. I've owned a Geo Metro in the past so thats the MPG & reliability I was looking for. I'm finding the Versa is underpowered but I've decided that's gods way of keeping me from getting into trouble as I have been known to have a lead foot which highway police duly notice. I do feel its a little too high on the rpm's sometimes when I'm trying to accelerate (& not aggressively)upwards of 300. Then when I go down big hills it feels like its holding itself back.I get the urge to tap the gas petal to bring it back to normal feeling. Any explanations or insight to this ?

always_shifting
Car: 2007 Versa SL Hatchback (1.8 + CVT) in Fresh Powder White with Sand interior

Hi all,

I know I've already posted a few times on the forums so my Introduction has been overdue. But alas, here it is!

I am 20 years old and live in Nokomis, Florida, outside of the beautiful city of Sarasota. I am a student of Mechanical Engineering and am still working on my BA. This is my third car and my third Nissan and so far, I am loving NISMO. Her nickname is the Panda, which is probably going to end up being her color scheme as well ;)
I picked up this car from it's original owner when I moved to Florida. It was a smoker's car but it had been taken care of for the most part. Sure it has a few scratches on the rear bumper and it's not glistening radiantly like the cars in the dealership, but it's clean. I took care of the smoke promptly by cleaning the heck out of it and then figured "ok, I'll keep it stock until I find a good deal on a 4-door sports sedan". As many of you have discovered, that feeling disappears quickly :)
After connecting on NicoClub (mostly for technical support at that time), I discovered that you can do AMAZING things with the Versa, and I started looking at my car differently.

So here is the list of mods I plan as money trickles into my coffers...
K&N drop-in filter
USB and AUX ports panel mounted in dash
Speaker upgrade
Tanabe lowering springs
Red out tails (maybe a light smoke instead)
Exhaust tip or axle-back exhaust (strictly aesthetic)
17" rims powdercoated grey-gold??? :gotme

Mods already completed...
15/35 tint --- $125
OEM spoiler installed --- $108
Kenwood DDX470 head unit (double din) --- $235
Blacked out chrome on grill using PlastiDip --- $5
U-haul hitch for carrying my bikes and maybe a jetski in the future! --- $0 ;)
Converted to LED interior lights --- $20

Here is a pic of her after her tint job (no spoiler or grill change yet)

Thanks for all the support so far and for the wealth of knowledge here!

alainvfr
Car: nissan versa (almera ) 2013 1.6 sl

hi everybody im good thanks for helping me with all my futur questions i ha ve a nissan versa 2013 sedan etc.. i like more the name almera looking for body kit for it can you help me? thanks in advance ,Alain. :)

general_dds
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa

Hello my name is Steven and I live in the Republic of Panama. Since I have a Nissan Versa and not a Nissan Tiida, the dealers here want to charge me double since I didn't purchase the car in Panama. I normally do the work myself on the cars I own, but it is getting harder to diagnose the problems.

My 2008 Nissan Versa is having trouble starting. As if it's not getting enough gas right away, but it starts. Then my wife says on 2 occasions that it just died on her while driving. Could my car be getting too much juice to the alternator or starter? Could the fuel pump be a problem?

I would appreciate any help as I don't want to pay double for the mechanic to work on my vehicles.

Steve

RKight
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback

Thought I'd introduce myself. I don't have current pics to post but I thought I'd contribute with my latest YouTube video showing the in-cabin sound of my car with my new DC Sports cat-back and Takeda short ram intake. I've had my '07 Versa since the summer of 2010 and started on a quest to make it a fun and sporty car. I've really enjoyed it over the past four years. :) Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ft_9FR2t8I

nadavk
Car: nissan tida- 2006

hey there Guys,
i just bought Nissan Tida, and the audio system is in Japaneses i'm trying to shift it in to English- what should i do here???i would love to get some help- thx

txchamps
Car: 2015 Versa Note SV, 2023 Kia Rio S

Hi, fellow Versa owners. I'm Brad, living in the San Antonio TX area. Just purchased my brand new 2014 Versa Note S and am enjoying the ride so far. Morning Sky Blue Metallic. Love the room, cargo space, and quiet cabin. First new car I have purchased in 25 years, replacing my 2007 Kia Rio5 that died a horrible and painful death (timing belt). I decided no more belt-driven cams. I got a fantastic price (which I won't post -- don't want folks to get jealous!) and for my credit rating, I felt that 3.89% was outstanding. I researched for months before I decided this was the car for us, and the 2014 model clearance sale just sealed the deal. Happy to be with y'all.

Versa

Welcome all! :)

miketempleton
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Red Alert Hatchback

Hello! My name is Mike and I live in Iowa with my wife and two young kids. I just picked up my 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Hatchback (automatic) yesterday after eyeing it on a local lot for about a week.

From my recent forum lurking, it seems like I need a 2010 grill at a minimum, a 2010+ radio for the auxiliary port, and MAYBE a set of sport bumpers eventually, but for now I'm actually pretty content with the way it sits.

Realistically I could see myself picking up a 2010 grill, finding a decent front lip I can run in matte black, and then eventually a slight drop with some larger wheels and tires.

rlgbmx
Car: Nissan Versa hatchback.

Hello everyone my name is Ron. I live is southern California and would like to say thanks for having me on the forum. I own a 2012 Versa hatchback in magnetic grey. I recently added a Nismo Graphics kit to the car and it looks awesome. If anyone is interested in a Nismo graphics set to your Versa, please let me know.
Regards,

Ron :biggrin:

xgritzx
Car: 2015 note SR
2012 versa S(?)

Hello all. Northern Virginia here. I have a '15 note SR and a '12 S (?). I've been a fan of the versa ever since I drive one as a parts delivery driver. Always dreamt of having my own (I know, big dreams right? lol.) and now I have 2. I'd like to make the the 12 handle and maybe look slightly sportier but that's it.

350+
Car: 350 2004

Hello,

Cool website/forum! Lots of goods stuff here. Hopefully I can show my ride, shortly...getting some mods!
Cheers

Yady
Car: 2009 versa hatch
2012 versa hatch sl

Anyone still driving a versa?

Hello, I'm yady,
I live in kansas city usa. I have a 2009 versa hatch s and a 2012 versa hatch sl both white.
The 09 has cai and a stillen axle back (meh I know) that was all she got before baby #1 came along in April of 09.
The 2012 I just scored in November fully loaded nav and everything with only 40k miles for 6 grand, I couldn't pass up that deal. It's winter and been on and off cold as hell or rainy here in kc plus with 2 kids now and xmas the 2012 hasn't had anything besides some led accent lights added. I'll have cai, and a cat back order probably at the end of the month once xmas funds are all recoverd. I'll wait on wheels, tires, springs, and any other exterior mods until I know we are done with snow.

If anyone is onto a new car and has versa parts laying around for either the 09 or the 2012 let me know. I'm all about buying used and saving some money.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi Yady and welcome to NICO Club! Just drive around, you'll see lot's of people are still driving a Versa. My wife and I use ours all the time. Great little cars!

Yady
Car: 2009 versa hatch
2012 versa hatch sl

:slap:
centralcoaster33 wrote:Hi Yady and welcome to NICO Club! Just drive around, you'll see lot's of people are still driving a Versa. My wife and I use ours all the time. Great little cars!
LoL I meant people here, not much activity as of late. Hopefully not too many folks have moved on or if they have, they have some spare upgrade parts laying around.

They are great little cars, we have enjoyed the 09 since taking it off the lot but haven't put a lot of miles on it. Still hasn't hit 40k yet I don't think. The 2012 I just got is a half world of difference, you don't even have to drive a block before noticing the driving difference from all they changed between the two.
The 12 is going to be real fun to upgrade and play with, we got some snow last night and the kids and I had a blast on the way to school today. She handled everything like she was made for it, only faltered on a right turn when she aimed for a guy in the left turn lane of the street I was turning onto... he looked at me, I looked at him, he braced for impact, I ripped up the ebrake and smiled as the a** end came around looking like a pro that planned out the whole damn thing for movie scene or something lol. So yeah good little cars, always love a car with whip around ability.

Dean Opper
Car: VERSA Note

Hello My name is Dean,

I live in Seattle Washington.

I just bought a used Nissan 2015 Versa Note SV with 40K from Enterprise Used car sales for my wife after her 2006 Toyota Matrix was totaled in an accident.

she likes it and it seems like a pretty nice car.

It's pretty basic standard car but it will do the trick.
its got blue tooth, USB / Aux radio support and a leather steering wheel, Hooker red.

centralcoaster33

Great choice Dean, and in hooker red to-boot! I hope she likes the car and can avoid future accidents.

Welcome to the NICO Club!

sckeith
Car: 2017 Versa Note SL, Red

Howdy

After 3 Rogues, 2008, 2011, 2014, and 1 Juke, we decided to try a 2017 Versa Note SL

We're retired now and hoping the Versa will be a little cheaper to run .

I think it is a little under powered but my wife can drive this car where she thought the Rogue was too big

We'll see how it goes

K8lnlise
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

I'm Karen, and I have a 2007 Versa S sedan with over 190,300 miles on it. Purchased in 2009 with 27,000 miles on it and overall, I'm thrilled with it. My chief complaints are that it isn't large enough to accommodate my 3 dogs and that it is something of a ghost - people are always pulling out in front of me! I'm on the east coast of the US ... no photos unless you want to see my furkids!

centralcoaster33

Welcome to NICO Club Karen!

We fit our Great Pyrenees in there, but not much else, LOL! We do take out the back seat back cushion sometimes and put a lot of stuff in there that wouldn't fit otherwise, like whole dressers, doors, trim, camping supplies, etc. Lemme know if you'd like to do that ever. It's pretty easy, like 6 bolts or so.

expertcr
Car: VERSA 2008 S Hatchback

Hello Everyone.. this is Eddy, from Austin Texas...
With my best friend

Versa 2008 S Hatchback, with 170K Miles...

ExGamer
Car: Nissan Versa (2010)

Hi, my name is Brendan, 26, Northern New Hampshire. Trying to quit video games. I have a 2010 Nissan Versa, red Hatchback, purchased July of 2016 (I think it's either the S or LS, will have to check the VIN in the morning). Currently has almost 110k miles. It runs great in my opinion and I hope to keep it that way. Do have to change the tire pressure sensors (dead batteries) but I have a gauge and tire pump in my car and check regularly just to be safe. Gonna get new tires before winter hits so I'll do it all at once.

I'm starting to get into auto mechanics so I don't have any upgrades in mind. Maybe some cosmetic stuff, A Flash theme, but nothing I want to focus on just yet. I was T-boned by a bear on my way to work last week, so I will soon be fixing a dent and a scratch. I'm not too worried about fixing the dent because that seems simple enough from my research but the scratch (down to the paint) has me worried (so if you know of a good painting reference/guide I'm all ears!).

Other then that, I'm thinking about getting into drifting (first event and ride along next weekend!). This is the main reason I want to get into automotive. Being apart of this forum will work out great though, because I'm going to be looking at getting a 350z to do the drifting in. I'm a sucker for efficiency :p

pajara2
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa Note SV, bought November 2017, 20k miles at purchase, 2nd owner, Metallic Peacock
Dealer-added items - rear spoiler, leather interior

Good morning folks. I'm pajara. I've been a Datsun/Nissan owner for a "few" years. I'm a woman that's studied and worked mechanics, so I understand a fair bit. I just got my 2015 Versa Note SV. It's the newest car I've owned in many years, with only 20k miles on it. I'm the 2nd owner and know it was dealer maintained previously. The previous owner had the dealer add the rear spoiler and leather interior. I'm loving the gas mileage already. I have two things they are going to fix next weekend under warranty - interior blower fan has gotten off weight and whirls horribly at 3 and 4; and the short wiper arm wasn't set right and rides onto the window trim. Overall I'm really enjoying the car. But lord that sound system.....uggggh. So that will be my first project. Starting the research.

I've lurked around before to research problems with other vehicles. But figured it was time to become legit. LOL
Thanks!

Oh! Forgot to add that I am already concerned about the CVT. I've never driven one before so I don't know if it's how it is...or problems. I'll research that as well, as I'm sure it's been addressed.

centralcoaster33

Welcome to the club Eddie, ExGamer and pajara2.

Did any of you name your Versa? Good luck with the video games, bears and CVT! Feel free to post a thread with any questions.

Bertopolis
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

Hello everyone!,
My name is Berto, and I'm 16... I was able to save up and buy a salvaged 2007 S model and hope to learn more about working on cars. I know salvaged vehicles might not last as long, but as my first car, I bought it more to learn from and hopefully fix it like it was brand new.

Could someone also point me in the right direction on where to post a question regarding the trunk latch? it seemsed to "pop" open while driving, and the search function (or me) doesnt seem to find what I need.. thank you in advance.

Bewitching
Car: 2016 Versa Note SV

Greetings all,
Kathleen here. I'm currently in living in Wisconsin, hoping to move some place warmer in the near future. LOL
I recently purchased a 2016 Versa Note SV in "super black".
I am VERY grateful to have found the service manual for my car here on NICO! {Show me an engine with a carb and I'll work on it eyes closed. (Anyone remember a points distributor? I can work with that as well.) }
This car is a whole new world of sensors and electronics.
I've been reading up on this CVT monster tranny. I'm hoping I don't run into the issues a lot of others seem to be having.
I have a little over 3 years left on the original power train warranty. If it's going to crap out, please let it happen before May 2021!
I look forward to digging in here and reading until my eyeballs bleed ;)

Clone0785
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa Note SV

Hello All,

I recently bought a 2015 Nissan Versa Note SV. Its Blue, and I'm sad that it is not cool. My previous car was a 2000 honda prelude with a jdm motor swap. So the Note is decidedly less cool, not to mention losing 100 hp and 100 pounds of torque it looks like something a grandma would drive.

I've seen a Nismo Note, but I have not been able to find the Nismo parts even in the NISMO catalog.

I understand the Note will not ever have the performance of the Prelude, but is there anything to do 'stance' wise to make Versa Note a little more appealing aesthetically?

Thanks

2016 Versa
Car: 2016 Nissan Versa SV

My name is Ricky, I'm 59 years old and love driving economy cars. I just bought my '16 Versa SV a week ago today on 1/11/19. It was the victim of a low mileage rear end crash and has a rebuilt title. Mileage when I bought it was 10546 miles. So far I've put between 100-200 miles on it. Not sure how accurate the onboard trip computer is but since I filled it up last Monday afternoon it's showing I'm getting 43.9 MPG. Most of the trips have been 15-25 miles each on rural roads. When I refill the tank I'll do the math and find out what the true MPG is.

Return to “Versa General Chat”