Introduce Yourselves

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
JayyV09
Car: '09 Nissan Versa 1.8L SL (Super Black Hatchback)

Welcome.....but OMG! where did u get that body kit!? thats sick!

TavuL
Car: Nissan Versa NISMO Edition

JayyV09 wrote:Welcome.....but OMG! where did u get that body kit!? thats sick!
HI! THAT BODY IS CUSTOM MADE IN PUERTO RICO! I'VE GOT THE MOLDS FOR IT...IS IN FIBERGLASS

vtyde
Car: 2011 Versa hatch, M/T, Power plus pkg

Hi folks,

New member here. Just got a brand spanking new 2011 Versa hatch, M/T, Power + package, even the rear spoiler. It replaces my 05 Mazda 3 auto hatch which was absolutely the worst experience I've ever had with a car. Had I known Nissan would release the Versa, I would have waited for sure. I keep finding things about this car that kill the Mazda, such a shame to have spent so much extra for an unreliable POS.

Had a 95 Nissan p/u with no problems and the wife batters her 05 Quest without any complaints. I'm a big Nissan fan for sure!

Anyway I couldn't be happier with this car. The 6 spd manual is SOOO fun to drive. Just wish AEM had a street legal CAI (i'm in Cali) but until then I guess my mods will be limited to painting the engine cover and swapping out speakers. Maybe some sway bars to tighten the handling.

@TavuL: That front grill rocks. The stock grill is probably the worst thing about this car but it's not like I'm looking at it while I'm driving.

Talyn
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa SL

Just and I mean two hours ago just, but my 2011 Versa SL. I'm very excited. I've rented them and gotten 39mpg. I'm coming from a 2001 dodge ram sport extended cab which had fallen to 14mpg. I commute 90+ miles a day so this cars was being paid for in gas already. Pics coming soon. I see a lotta. Performance buffs, hope there's enough economy guys around. After tint my first upgrade will be an intake and sound

Asiaboy86
Car: Nissan Latio Sedan (Versa)

Hey guys,

My name is Wei. I'm 25 years old and i m from Malaysia. Drive a '10 Nissan Versa Sedan ( Sapphire Black ) 1.6. Have some cheapy mod on my versa. Sorry guys that my english language not really good. Love this forum with a lot interesting info about versa!

List of Mod:
Impul '08 bodykit
Impul Super street suspension F/R
Impul NS-GT II 17" rims
Impul blast II muffler
Aftermarket diffuser
Aftermarket GT spoiler
K&N drop in air filter

Here is my versa photo.

TommyV8
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa 1.8S hatch

Those wheels look great Wei! :dblthumb:

Asiaboy86
Car: Nissan Latio Sedan (Versa)

TommyV8 wrote:Those wheels look great Wei! :dblthumb:
Thanks Tommy but they are heavy s*** :ohno:

Korruptor
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa S -Blue
2003 Kawasaki KLR650 -Green

Hi,

I'm from Quebec Canada.
I purchased a 2011 Versa Monday, supposed to pick it up early next week (the dealer is looking for one with our options).

My wife and I both liked it. We weren't originally in the market for a new car but thanks to the government and their desire for back taxes, we were forced to trade our 2008 Jeep Liberty sport.

We narrowed our search to the Kia Rio5, Honda Fit, and Nissan Versa. The Versa S 6sp fit all our needs and was a good deal, in our opinion, lowering our monthly payments by about $100, and hopefully fuel usage significantly. I was getting about 16us mpg in the winter with the Jeep running its snow tires.
I will miss the Jeep, but I suspect the Versa will fill that void. And when it comes time to fill the gas tank, I know I will be overjoyed at the decision then.

When I get the car I will post a pic or two.

I look forward to reading and asking questions on this site, and learning about this car.

Mark

billyzversa11
Car: 2011 nissan versa hatchback

im Bill from phoenix. when i bought first versa (08blk sedan) i loved it traded from 06 toyota tacoma straight across. upgraded that one with whiteline swaybar and a shop made strut tower brace showed a pic to our fabricator and had it done in two weeks. then got rear ended not too much damage so traded for 2011 silver hatchback transferred parts over to new one. just got dc exhaust sounds great. nismo shocks to follow. alpine head unit, alpine speakers, and not sure which intake to get. so could use suggestions please. I'll show pics later when i learn how to?

John2007Versa
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S
1998 Nissan Altima GXE

My name is John Perez. I have a 2007 Versa S. It's stock, but I am thinking of getting the halo headlights. Also would like to upgrade the rims because the stock tires don't have too much grip especially in the snow. Would like to see what others have done to their cars to get some inspiration. Mostly a family car, so I don't want to do anything that will affect the gas mileage. I am open to suggestions though. Great site!

Amenist
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Fresh Powder.

Hello my name is Adam and I am 25 y/o. I live in San Jose, CA. I just bought my first actual new car. It's a 2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 S with M/T. The car is all stock right now. I am looking for some of the cheaper visual upgrades to start with. Any suggestions? Also anyone know a good place to purchase rims? I am not so fond of the stock rims on the S if you can even call them that lol. First thing on my list is spoiler. Should I go OEM or Stillen? I do like the look of the Nissan OEM spoiler. Thanks!!

Black Butterfly
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa
Black Hatchback

Hi,
Mark here...In NY
Just picked up a 07 Versa hatchback

Moving over from a Volvo 850 turbo, so I've already installed the DC sport exhaust, DC CAI,
NTD FREEPOWER Throttle Controller ordered from Versaspeed monday..
Pioneer avic900... Headrest monitors ( Kids ) &Sub in Trunk
17" wheels wiyh 215x40x17 tires..

Will be lurking in the background & picking up ideas from you guys

Black Butterfly
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa
Black Hatchback

Kustom Versa 13
Car: Nissan Versa

Hello. My name is Kyle, and I live in Portland Oregon. And I, Drive a Nissan Versa.

In this Versa, I have installed 2 JBL GT120 subs, connected to a 1000watt Kenwood Amp.

I have decided to deck out my Versa interior with LED lights. Blue, to be precise. All wired to a BTB sensor, hooked to the subs.

Feedback welcome.

Video Below

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuzgsVYqJLI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgWDG-NA4sU[/youtube]

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

alonsorules8.1
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL
2010 Nissan Versa S

Hello everyone,

I have 2 Versa's and was a member on here before the change over my old account was alonsorules8. I'm looking forward to getting active with the updated site.

dhennessey
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx w/ s13 sr20det
2011 Nissan Versa SL Sport 6 speed

Hello, My name is Darren and i'm a recovering Honda addict. Best cure: get a couple Nissans!

After having a S13 hatch now for about a year or so, i've come to love the way Nissan built the car (used to, at least), enough to venture into owning a new Nissan.....

So when my DA Integra took a dump last week, i decided enough is enough and i'd buy a new car; after some looking around at what's on the market, i decided on a 2011 Nissan Versa SL Sport 6 speed, haven't even taken ownership of it (coming in a couple days), i'll probably post pics once I actually get the car :P

I've been on Nico since i got my S13, and i've loved the atmosphere, I haven't posted a lot, but i'm sure that'll change

Darren

mica001
Car: 2011 Versa hatchback s

Hello. New Versa hatchback owner.
So far pleased with the car. Getting about 32 average commute most city driving.
Haven't tested long highway millage yet.

Added the mask and spoiler and painted the wheel covers till I can decide what rims to get.
Really limited locally though Pep Boys might be able to get me something decent for less than $1000.

IcecreamLtDan
Car: 2010 Versa S

Good evening folks and welcome to the sii.......errr, I mean allow myself to introduce...........myself, yea, well, whatever. HI!!

Anyway, new owner of a 2010 Versa S, just got it this past Wednesday. It's a former rental car with a lot of miles, 34,000, but seems to be in good shape. Doesn' t have the remote entry key fobs, which is kinda annoying, but I see you can pick them up on Ebay so I'll do that at some point. The car was bought mainly because my wife is self employed and does a lot of driving for work. She owns an '03 Monte Carlo SS which, as I'm sure you can imagine, isn't the most fuel efficient vehicle and can be a pain for her to work out of. The Versa is a perfect fit for her as it has easy access, good fuel mileage, lots of storage and since it already has a bunch of miles, it's no biggie to put a bunch more.

Anyway, I'll be nosing around the site looking for different mods I can do, I plan on doing the Ebay center console thing at some point as well as getting some key fobs, probably a few other mods here and there too. I don't post much unless I have a question, but I'll try to participate every now and again.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

^ HAHAHAHA, best screen name of the year!

....magic legs.

Welcome aboard!

IcecreamLtDan
Car: 2010 Versa S

Heh, been using this name for a loooong time now, you can find me on many forums with this screen name.

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

Welcome aboard!

jdcarter

Hey my names John, I'm from Beaverton, OR. Recently traded in my 89 3rd Gen Maxima for an 08 Versa. It is Brilliant Silver (k23 color code I believe). Already ordered the spoiler, picked up a hood deflector from my pops (he's the nissan parts manager here in town) and will have him order me some window deflectors tomorrow. Hope to post pictures soon and get to modding.

wildblueraven
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa SL 5 Door. 1.8L CVT

John here, from McKean, Pa. I am a new Nissan owner and also a new fan. I love my 2010 Versa 1.8 SL. The CVT is new to me and Im loving that too. the mileage is great and teh roominess is cool as well. the only complaint Ive had is my big hands getting behind the splash shield from underneath to get up to the oil filter to change it. Tight fit. I decided to use Mobil 1 full synthetic, and this winter I will change the grade to 0W-30. I have yet to see how the car perfroms in the winter but given what I like so far I am hopeful. I originally wanted to sedan but it wasnt available just then and was talked into the 5 door 1.8 SL. I dont regret it at all. I soon will be installing a bug shield and window vent visors. Can anyone tell me the proper way to care for aluminum rims during the winter to avoid any issues with salt corrosion?

[email protected]
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback

Hi, My name is Mike and i live in mississippi. I am new to this site, but not new to the versa i bought mine in 2008. It an 08 Versa hatchback the color is sapphire blue and has 135000 miles. It now has developed a problem with the cruise control, dealer says bad switch $360 to replace. DIY $150 cost of switch. I am replacing accessory belt, but have never replaced before any help would be appreciated.
Mike

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

[email protected] wrote:I am replacing accessory belt, but have never replaced before any help would be appreciated.
Try the Factory Service Manual.

BTW, I live in Jackson, MS neighbor.

josefcub
Car: 2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV CVT Silver / Black

Hi, I'm Joe, and I'm in my first new Nissan.

I just bought (last week!) my very first ever new car, the 2012 Nissan Versa SV Sedan (with CVT). "Brilliant Silver" with the "Charcoal" interior. This is actually my second Nissan; my 1998 Nissan Quest GXE was my daily driver and favorite vehicle. When its life was cut tragically short by a collision with a college student that was asleep at his wheel, I decided to buy another Nissan. So far, I'm not regretting it.

If there's anyone else with the new-style sedan and CVT, I'd love to compare notes. The performance is adequate, the interior has enough room for even "big boned" people like myself to be comfortable in. I'm still in shock!

:biggrin:

Frenchman73
Car: 2010 Versa S Hatchback

Jason - 38 - Graphic Designer - Chattanooga, TN.
I just bought my 2010 Versa S Hatch (Super Black) a week ago after having my 2002 Toyota Corolla totaled last month.
I am a new Nissan owner. I have mostly been a Toyota owner. 1st : Toyota Truck SR?, 2nd : '92 Camry LE,
and then the '02 Corolla LE. I have had a couple of lemons along the way including an old Hyundai of which
shall go unmentioned, but I love this new Versa of mine. I don't have the extra cash yet to do what I want
to it, but the future will be as follows:

1. Tint windows after I move to back to Texas (because tint laws are darker than in TN).
2. Add black multi-spoke wheels with machined lips. (staying with stock 15s)

That's pretty much it. I don't care for tuning up the engine or exhaust, etc. I just want it simple...and BLACK.

SJT56-12C
Car: '09 Nissan Latio 1.5 (A) sedan

Hi everyone, my name's Jerry.

I'm 38 and lives in Singapore, drives a leased '09 Versa sedan. :wavey:

In this part of the world, the Versa is actually badged as the 'Latio'. :crazy:

Singapore's Nissan Latio gets the all-aluminum HR15DE engine. The 1.5-litre lump produces 109 hp and 145 Nm (107 lb-ft) of torque mated to an old-school 4-speed automatic 'box and returns a decent, real-world 6.9L/100km (34mpg) in the combined cycle.

In our market, the Made-in-Japan Latio competes for sales in the compact class with rivals such as the Hyundai Elantra, Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla.

Following the launch of '12 Nissan Versa in Singapore - wait for it - marketed as the 'Almera' here (and in Malaysia too - hi Wei!), the 4-door Latio gets to be discontinued while the sporty 5-door hatch soldiers on. The Almera, a.k.a Versa in USA, is otherwise also the 'Sunny' in China. Yeah, tell me about it! :ohno:

Truth be told: '12 Versa/Almera/Sunny sits on Renault-Nissan's shiny new small car 'V' (for Versatile) global platform and it's used on anything currently from the sub-compact Yaris-sized Nissan Micra hatch, to the Juke sub-compact SUV and next year's new Renault Clio small car.

In short, just like the the '11 Versa which was built upon a Renault-Nissan collaborated chassis from 2004 called the B-platform, it stands to reason that '12 Versa's closest competitors would be cars like the Honda Fit, Hyundai Accent, KIA Rio and Toyota Yaris, all of which according to US EPA are B-segment's sub-compacts. :gapteeth:

It's rumored Nissan will launch the '13 Nissan Tiida (a replacement for the original Versa/Latio) in China, possibly in 2012 as a year 2013 model. The new car uses an extended version of the 2004-2011 Versa B-platform. The still-secret car is seen here via a couple of spy pictures: http://forums.asiaone.com/showpost.php? ... tcount=373.

The second generation Tiida will employ Juke's turbocharging technology (DiG Turbo) to provide extra oomph and improves fuel economy. Watch out, Veedub TSI! :rotfl

More pictures to follow if time permit. :inout:

Have a nice day! :)

*Update* 16 Dec '11. There are now more photos of the car at http://photobucket.com/latio.
Last edited by SJT56-12C on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

c31lima
Car: 2010 Versa HB

Hi, I'm James from Colorado Springs, just picked up a 2010HB. So far added two 12" subs with 1000 watts, and 16" Motegi FF7 wheels. Great to have found this forum, and love checking out everyone elses Vs. Future add ons will be the strut bar, and rear sway bar, and some springs.

For those that have done the springs already, do I need to change my shocks to put in the springs? Found a cool set from megan racing I'd like to add, or the eiback pros.

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

c31lima wrote:For those that have done the springs already, do I need to change my shocks to put in the springs?
No, you can keep your OEM shocks/struts.

Return to “Versa General Chat”