Intake Manifold Hose Diagrams

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
Izento
Car: RPS13

http://www.jasonborowiec.com/ca18det/pl ... index.html

Perfect website for all the ports on the intake. I didn't find too much on Nico with pictures of the manifold, but this shows a lot of the naked parts of the CA18. Maybe add this to the FAQ if one of you more knowledgeable guys run through it and see if this guy's diagrams check out.

Helped me out with learning which gold canister is the FPR (I know, newb :p) to hook my boost controller to.

Nategreat923
Car: 1992 240sx "Sil-Vert"

Heck yes! Thank you sooooooo much! I just bought all new hoses and forgot to mark where they go

boost_boy
Car: B12 sentra w/built CA18DET, B12 sentra w/fully-built CA18DET, S13 coupe w/ CA18DET, S13 hatch w/CA18DET, 2002 maxima SE

No need to, but thanks. Your post alone will help someone using the search function find that saite. I don't care for the background as it hurt my eyes, but would be useful in helping noobs figure out their dilemmas with hoses and such which is really not that hard (for me anyway) to begin with.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

holy isht! that backround is brain melting!

Memo240
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx ca18det swap

Hey what about if ur manifold is facing foward towards the timing cover would the link with the diagram be the same

Izento

I'm making the diagram on this site in case the other one from the link closes down. An admin can feel free to move this post into my original one for easier access when looking at this thread. All credit towards a random stranger Jason Borowiec.

Figure A
#1. Turbo oil feed, this wraps around behind the turbo, then loops under the turbo past #2 and connects to the front of the turbo cartridge (between the compressor and exhaust housing)

#2. Turbo oil return, This bolts up under the center of the turbo cartridge (between the compressor housing and exhaust housing, use gasket)

#3. Turbo Coolant feed, this goes to the left, and connects in the center again, directly opposite the oil feed #1, hidden behind turbo.

#4. not pictured, Turbo coolant return, this is on top of the turbo cartridge between the compressor and exhaust housings, its directly opposite #2.

Its a metal line that runs on the right side of the block bolted to the head. It changes to rubber behind the block and rejoins the flow of coolant into #3 in Figure D.

Figure B
#1. North Cam cover oil breather, you can either connect this to #3 (if you have emission laws) or put a breather on it, or run a hose and drop it to the ground.

All this does is release pressure built up by the engine, and relieves it through a one way valve in #3

#2. Same as #1, this would normally go into the intake piping after the turbo charger, bad idea, run an oil catch can or drop a hose on it and run it to the ground.

#3. One way PCV valve , you hook up #1 to this. Put a bolt in there it if you are going to run a pipe to the ground or a breather on #1.

#4. Injector grounds. On the engine harness you will have injector plugs, these have 2 ground leads, attach them here.

#5. A/C Idle Up Solenoid, it raises the idle of your engine when you turn on your A/C. plug is with the injector plugs on the engine harness. Blue part breaks off easy so be careful.

#6. Idle Air Control Valve, this controls idle, don't f*** this thing up. Plug is with the injector plugs on the engine harness. Apparently this goes faulty easy.

#7. Metered air feed to the AAC valve. It goes through a gap in one of the intake pipes and ends up behind the intake then runs to the Cold Idle Solenoid. See #5 in Figure E. It connects to #4 in Figure C and D. It T's off and the rest of the line goes to the intake on the turbo (before the compressor housing)

#8. Coil pack plug harness, connects to power transistor (pictures later)

#9. My engine shouldn't have this disregard.

Figures C
#1 and #7. These are for recirculation of coolant through the back side of the intake plenum. If your not running the car in cold weather, don't hook these up.

If you are, then run small coolant lines to these from main coolant line running behind the engine (this will be shown later)

#2. Break booster vacuum line, run from break booster to here.

#3. Mentioned in #3 Figure B above. One way valve, you hook up #1 from Figure B to this. Or plug it.

#4. Cold Idle Solenoid. Connects to #5 in Figure D. Here at the cold idle Solenoid put a 'T' piece and run the line to the intake before the turbo (just after the maf)

#5. Coolant feed, run your upper rad hose to this.

#6. Plug this up. It 'did' connect to the Intake butterfly when the engine was RWD, and did connect to the other side of the intake butterfly.

See #3 of Figure F (this is where this line runs) the connects to #14 of Figure F. Not needed.

#7. See #1.

#8. Feeds block with metered air, like #7 in Figure B. (gets metered air from a T piece in #4)

Figure D
#1. Vacuum line, run boost gauge to this.

#2. Run to break booster.

#3. Coolant return, this will be explain later.

#4. Cold Idle Solenoid. Connects to #5 in Figure D. Here at the cold idle Solenoid put a 'T' piece and run the line to the intake before the turbo (just after the maf)

#5. Meet up with #4 and 'T' it off, run to intake before turbo (after AFM) same as #4

#6. Knock sensor (detonation sensor), this will connect to the engine harness.

#7. This is the fuel rail feed line, we will see this in #7 of Figure E (next).

#8. Vacuum Line, T this off and run to 2 vacuum solenoids, then each to the the Fuel Pressure Regulator and the Power valve assembly actuator.

#9. Cold Condition line. Feed coolant from the return line behind the engine (see later) and feeds it into the block on the far left (right in picture) of the intake

#10. I believe this is either a main engine ground, or a ground for the alternator or starter. Its defiantly a main ground (I have pictures of what it had on it before I took it off)

Figure E
#1. Vacuum line, send to boost gauge.

#2. This is a coolant line, this runs to the heater core on your firewall. Then the other heater line will rejoin the main coolant return that I will show later.

#3. Coolant return line, see more of the pipe that brings the coolant here later.

#4. Fuel return line, connect your fuel return line that goes under the car. This is fed by the fuel pressure regulator.

Fuel flow: Tank -> Fuel Pump -> Fuel Filter -> Fuel Rail - Fuel Pressure Regulator -> Fuel Return line -> Tank

#5. Meet up with #4 from Figure D and 'T' it off, run to intake before turbo (after AFM)

#6. Knock Sensor, plugs in from engine harness.

#7.a Fuel feed line. Connect your fuel line (with fuel filter to this) this then runs to the Fuel rail #7.

Fuel flow: Tank -> Fuel Pump -> Fuel Filter -> Fuel Rail - Fuel Pressure Regulator -> Fuel Return line -> Tank

#8. Vacuum Line, T this off and run to 2 vacuum solenoids, then each to the the Fuel Pressure Regulator and the Power valve assembly actuator.

#9. Coolant line, runs coolant to the block. See #9 from Figure D.

#10, #11, #12 and #13. Looks like these are vacuum line redirectors. Not sure what they do now. See where they go in #4 in Figure F (next)

These are not longer used, bracket could be removed

Figure F
#1. Throttle positioning sensor plug. Engine harness plugs in here.

#2. Another part of the TPS plug, plugs into engine harness.

#3. Takes coolant from #6 in Figure C. Then connects to #14 below. Not used plug or let sit.

#4, #6, #8 and #9 are vacuum line redirectors, they feed from #10, #11, #12 and #13 in this Figure (different angle in Figure E #10, #11, #12 and #13)

#5. Fuel Return Line, See #4 in Figure E (previous) returns unused fuel to the tank from the fuel pressure regulator.

#7. Fuel feed line, See #7.a in Figure E (previous) Hook this to the fuel line from under the car (the line with the fuel filter)

#10, #11, #12 and #13. See #4, #6, #8 and #9. Not used, remove bracket.

#14. Coolant is fed to or from this, to or from #3. (from pipe #6 in Figure C.) Not used, plug or leave bare.

Figure G
#1. Vacuum line goes here. Vacuum comes from #8 (T piece) on Figure E to the Pressure regulator control solenoid valve, then to this line. Solenoid also plugs into engine harness.

#2. Purge line for charcoal canister.

#3. Coolant goes here from #6 in Figure C. (see #3 in Figure F and #6 in Figure C) Not required. Plug it or leave it sit.

#4, #6, #8 and #9. another angle of the vacuum pipe redirects from Figure F and E.

#5. Return fuel line from fuel pressure regulator #1 and #10.

#7. Vacuum line goes here. Vacuum comes from #8 on Figure E to the Butterfly Control solenoid, then to the vacuum canister, then to the vacuum delay valve, then to this line.

(BCS also plugs into engine harness) open or closes #11. This is a set of butterfly's to open and close to create a larger or smaller intake plenum (internally) This helps you get torque at low rpm.

#11. This is the actuator that controls the 4 butterfly valves inside the intake plenum. See #7 -----^ above

Figure H
#1. Idle Air Control Valve, this controls idle, don't f*** this thing up. Plug is with the injector plugs on the engine harness. Apparently this goes faulty easy.

#2. This runs through a gap in the intake and ends up at #5 in Figure E. I think it connects to #4 In Figure C and D.

#3. F.I.C.D Solenoid valve, only used for A/C. Increases idle speed when AC is on.

#4. Nothing. Its a bolt :)

float_6969

Nice! Thank you! I'll add a link to this thread in the stickies.

Sil4Tea
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx HB (Sil front)
2004 Honda S2000 (Daily)

Going to revive this thread! I remember going to that dudes website last time and well I'm back to where I need to see it again but it's down!! Luckily I found this one but the pictures aren't showing up. Any way we can get this fixed??

float_6969

Frigging photobucket decided it wants to charge $400/yr for hot linking. We've been telling people to use them for YEARS. Basically 70% of the pics on NICO are all broken now.

jaz713
Car: 91 N13 Pulsar Hatch

High Izento, I bookmarked this for later because i'm really going to need this information. Is there a new link yet with the photo's?

Kind regards

Jazz

Izento

#1. Turbo oil feed, this wraps around behind the turbo, then loops under the turbo past #2 and connects to the front of the turbo cartridge (between the compressor and exhaust housing)

#2. Turbo oil return, This bolts up under the center of the turbo cartridge (between the compressor housing and exhaust housing, use gasket)

#3. Turbo Coolant feed, this goes to the left, and connects in the center again, directly opposite the oil feed #1, hidden behind turbo.

#4. not pictured, Turbo coolant return, this is on top of the turbo cartridge between the compressor and exhaust housings, its directly opposite #2.

Its a metal line that runs on the right side of the block bolted to the head. It changes to rubber behind the block and rejoins the flow of coolant into #3 in Figure D.

#1. North Cam cover oil breather, you can either connect this to #3 (if you have emission laws) or put a breather on it, or run a hose and drop it to the ground.

All this does is release pressure built up by the engine, and relieves it through a one way valve in #3

#2. Same as #1, this would normally go into the intake piping after the turbo charger, bad idea, run an oil catch can or drop a hose on it and run it to the ground.

#3. One way PCV valve , you hook up #1 to this. Put a bolt in there it if you are going to run a pipe to the ground or a breather on #1.

#4. Injector grounds. On the engine harness you will have injector plugs, these have 2 ground leads, attach them here.

#5. A/C Idle Up Solenoid, it raises the idle of your engine when you turn on your A/C. plug is with the injector plugs on the engine harness. Blue part breaks off easy so be careful.

#6. Idle Air Control Valve, this controls idle, don't f*** this thing up. Plug is with the injector plugs on the engine harness. Apparently this goes faulty easy.

#7. Metered air feed to the AAC valve. It goes through a gap in one of the intake pipes and ends up behind the intake then runs to the Cold Idle Solenoid. See #5 in Figure E. It connects to #4 in Figure C and D. It T's off and the rest of the line goes to the intake on the turbo (before the compressor housing)

#8. Coil pack plug harness, connects to power transistor (pictures later)

#9. My engine shouldn't have this disregard.

#1 and #7. These are for recirculation of coolant through the back side of the intake plenum. If your not running the car in cold weather, don't hook these up.

If you are, then run small coolant lines to these from main coolant line running behind the engine (this will be shown later)

#2. Break booster vacuum line, run from break booster to here.

#3. Mentioned in #3 Figure B above. One way valve, you hook up #1 from Figure B to this. Or plug it.

#5. Coolant feed, run your upper rad hose to this.

#6. Plug this up. It 'did' connect to the Intake butterfly when the engine was RWD, and did connect to the other side of the intake butterfly.

See #3 of Figure F (this is where this line runs) the connects to #14 of Figure F. Not needed.

#7. See #1.

#8. Feeds block with metered air, like #7 in Figure B. (gets metered air from a T piece in #4)

#1. Vacuum line, run boost gauge to this.

#2. Run to break booster.

#3. Coolant return, this will be explain later.

#5. Meet up with #4 and 'T' it off, run to intake before turbo (after AFM) same as #4

#6. Knock sensor (detonation sensor), this will connect to the engine harness.

#7. This is the fuel rail feed line, we will see this in #7 of Figure E (next).

#9. Cold Condition line. Feed coolant from the return line behind the engine (see later) and feeds it into the block on the far left (right in picture) of the intake

#10. I believe this is either a main engine ground, or a ground for the alternator or starter. Its defiantly a main ground (I have pictures of what it had on it before I took it off)

#1. Vacuum line, send to boost gauge.

#2. This is a coolant line, this runs to the heater core on your firewall. Then the other heater line will rejoin the main coolant return that I will show later.

#3. Coolant return line, see more of the pipe that brings the coolant here later.

#4. Fuel return line, connect your fuel return line that goes under the car. This is fed by the fuel pressure regulator.

#5. Meet up with #4 from Figure D and 'T' it off, run to intake before turbo (after AFM)

#6. Knock Sensor, plugs in from engine harness.

#7.a Fuel feed line. Connect your fuel line (with fuel filter to this) this then runs to the Fuel rail #7.

#9. Coolant line, runs coolant to the block. See #9 from Figure D.

#10, #11, #12 and #13. Looks like these are vacuum line redirectors. Not sure what they do now. See where they go in #4 in Figure F (next)

These are not longer used, bracket could be removed

#1. Throttle positioning sensor plug. Engine harness plugs in here.

#2. Another part of the TPS plug, plugs into engine harness.

#3. Takes coolant from #6 in Figure C. Then connects to #14 below. Not used plug or let sit.

#4, #6, #8 and #9 are vacuum line redirectors, they feed from #10, #11, #12 and #13 in this Figure (different angle in Figure E #10, #11, #12 and #13)

#5. Fuel Return Line, See #4 in Figure E (previous) returns unused fuel to the tank from the fuel pressure regulator.

#7. Fuel feed line, See #7.a in Figure E (previous) Hook this to the fuel line from under the car (the line with the fuel filter)

#10, #11, #12 and #13. See #4, #6, #8 and #9. Not used, remove bracket.

#14. Coolant is fed to or from this, to or from #3. (from pipe #6 in Figure C.) Not used, plug or leave bare.

#1. Vacuum line goes here. Vacuum comes from #8 (T piece) on Figure E to the Pressure regulator control solenoid valve, then to this line. Solenoid also plugs into engine harness.

#2. Purge line for charcoal canister.

#3. Coolant goes here from #6 in Figure C. (see #3 in Figure F and #6 in Figure C) Not required. Plug it or leave it sit.

#4, #6, #8 and #9. another angle of the vacuum pipe redirects from Figure F and E.

#5. Return fuel line from fuel pressure regulator #1 and #10.

#7. Vacuum line goes here. Vacuum comes from #8 on Figure E to the Butterfly Control solenoid, then to the vacuum canister, then to the vacuum delay valve, then to this line.

(BCS also plugs into engine harness) open or closes #11. This is a set of butterfly's to open and close to create a larger or smaller intake plenum (internally) This helps you get torque at low rpm.

#11. This is the actuator that controls the 4 butterfly valves inside the intake plenum. See #7 -----^ above

#1. Idle Air Control Valve, this controls idle, don't f*** this thing up. Plug is with the injector plugs on the engine harness. Apparently this goes faulty easy.

#2. This runs through a gap in the intake and ends up at #5 in Figure E. I think it connects to #4 In Figure C and D.

#3. F.I.C.D Solenoid valve, only used for A/C. Increases idle speed when AC is on.

#4. Nothing. Its a bolt :)

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”