Installing aftermarket speakers

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Jake43
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue S AWD

skholla,
I bought those same DBs to install in my 2011, just waiting for my new Pioneer head to come. So I am curious if you were able to use the Rogue Grills, or did you have to switch to the Polk Grills? I am worried that the center tweeters won't fit underneath the factory Rogue grills. Is this the case?
Thanks

skholla
Car: 09 Nissan Rogue SL, 97 Acura EL

Nope, I used the original grills. They are actually built into the door panel and are not removable without using a dremel. There's enough clearance in both the front and back for the Polk speakers. With the door panels back on everything looks stock, you can't tell that the speakers have been upgraded. Install is a piece of cake, but the rear speaker adapters are mandatory.

mxie

Hi Skholla,

Is this the speaker you installed - http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-9-Inch ... =de_a_smtd ?

My Car is 2012 Rogue, I am just wondering if the speaker will fit into the door without modifying the panel or grill. Thanks!

Mxie

skholla wrote:I installed Polk Audio DB series 6x9" in the front and 6.5" in the rear. I used these speakers adapters for the rear... And also used a Dynamat Xtreme Door Kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Rear-Speaker- ... 1512wt_898

Swapping the speakers was a night and day difference but the OEM head unit lacked power. I upgraded to a Pioneer head unit and the new speakers came alive, great bass from the from 6x9" speakers.

mxie

Hi Jake43,

Please advise if the speaker fit to your car without customization. My car is 2012 and I believe they don't change the configration. Thanks!

Mxie
Jake43 wrote:skholla,
I bought those same DBs to install in my 2011, just waiting for my new Pioneer head to come. So I am curious if you were able to use the Rogue Grills, or did you have to switch to the Polk Grills? I am worried that the center tweeters won't fit underneath the factory Rogue grills. Is this the case?
Thanks

skholla
Car: 09 Nissan Rogue SL, 97 Acura EL

My Rogue is a 2009, I don't think the door panels have changed. I used the following speakers for front and rear. Fronts fit perfect without any mods, rears require aftermarket adapter.

Front
http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-9-Inch ... =de_a_smtd

Rear
http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-6-5-In ... _e_title_0

mxie

Hi Guys,

I just add tweeters on my 2012 Rogue (without Bose system). It sounds much better. But I want the soundstage even upper and deep forward, so I am thinking to add the dash speaker in mid as well. Do you think it possible to do that? I know the premium version of Rogue has a speaker in the mid dash.

Thanks

ediction
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD 09

skholla wrote:My Rogue is a 2009, I don't think the door panels have changed. I used the following speakers for front and rear. Fronts fit perfect without any mods, rears require aftermarket adapter.

Front
http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-9-Inch ... =de_a_smtd

Rear
http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-6-5-In ... _e_title_0

Hey Skholla,

I also have a 2009 Rogue SL AWD with Bose. I was looking at the speakers you installed on crutchfield but they show as "doesnt fit" I was just curious did you have to do anything at all? and how is the bass on them? I recently got a Parrot Asteroid Smart installed so I'm now looking to upgrading my front speakers prior to seeing your post I was looking at http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SPR69/A ... etails-tab because it said it would fit with no problems

Jake43
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue S AWD

I installed those same speakers in my 2011 with no issues whatsoever. As said before, if you plan on doing the rears also, you will need the spacers, but the fronts just drop in. Pass response is pretty good. Once you tune them right, they sound great Pretty punchy. Obviously won't compare to a sub, but they get the job done well. I don't think you can get better speakers without spending hundreds of dollars.

ediction

Jake43 wrote:I installed those same speakers in my 2011 with no issues whatsoever. As said before, if you plan on doing the rears also, you will need the spacers, but the fronts just drop in. Pass response is pretty good. Once you tune them right, they sound great Pretty punchy. Obviously won't compare to a sub, but they get the job done well. I don't think you can get better speakers without spending hundreds of dollars.

I got the speakers today but I noticed that no sounds really comes out of it only some bass is this normal? I check the other side which still has my original bose speaker and i dodnt hear any music coming out from it only bass seems all the music is coming from center speaker and top tweeters. im wondering if this is normal or maybe they didnt plug my side door speakers in correctly when they installed my new dash receiver the Parrot Asteroid Smart

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

That is how components work Ediction. The crossovers are set that sub and mid bass come from the door, everything else is from up top.

ediction

rdub2k4 wrote:That is how components work Ediction. The crossovers are set that sub and mid bass come from the door, everything else is from up top.

Ahh Ok thank you for the fast response. I wanted to make sure I wasnt doing something wrong. Funny thing is I actually get more Bass from the original Bose speakers but the Polk do make audio sound more clear from what I noticed. Againt thanks!

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

Yeah the speakers are designed to provide full range, but they're only receiving a bass signal due to the factory BOSE. The BOSE speakers are a woofer, and designed to reproduce lows. That's where the difference comes in.

There's ways around this, to provide full signal to the 6x9. Requires you tracking down where the crossover is and running new wire.

Problem is, I have no idea if the crossover is built into the BOSE amp or if it's external. :facepalm:

Padre653
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue Special Edition

Has anyone tried to install tweeters in the door panel? The small door panel that covers the wiring going to the mirrors?
Is there enough room behind them?

Leo2005

Padre653 wrote:Has anyone tried to install tweeters in the door panel? The small door panel that covers the wiring going to the mirrors?
Is there enough room behind them?
I haven't installed tweeters up there but I can tell there's plenty of room. If you get tweeters that stick out from panel then you can install them literally anywhere.

Azzizzza
Car: 08 Nissan rogue sl

Hi...I'm new..just wondering if anyone has had this problem? We had some 100 degree weather and I cranked the stereo up..POP! Then nothing worked but the head unit and speakers in dash for a couple weeks. Took it to dealer, they said my amp was bad $879 for a new one. Bought a used one on ebay....started messing around to install and low and behold all speakers are working again except the front drivers side seems to be bassier than the others that seem more have more range. Could that still be the amp? Should I hang on to it? Sound like a loose wire?

Rogue Leader
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV

I have the 2011 Rogue SV with that Panasonic stereo ( CQ-JN00E04D) but can not for the life of me, find any specs on the thing. I want to replace my speakers but don't know what this stereos output is.

I was thinking 120w RMS and maybe 200w Peek would be safe. I also noticed a choice between coaxial and component speakers...which ones are proper for this stereo?

Does anyone have any info or knowledge about this?

I appreciate any help anyone might offer

Thanks all.

Return to “Rogue Forum”