Injen 3" catback exhaust

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
Abear
Car: Juke SV / 09 EX35 Journey / 04 350z Roadster

I recently put the Injen 3" catback exhaust on my Juke (SV AWD) and found it to be a bit louder then expected. I think it had to do more with my expectations then the exhaust system. I'm very impressed with the build quality of the exhaust, however I needed to put some sound proofing in my Juke to cut down cabin noise. I did not use Dynamat, what I did is go to Home Depot and pick up some Reflectix and and can of spray adhesive. It actually worked out great and at a much more affordable price. Has anyone else found the current aftermarket exhaust system not meeting their exhaust note expectations?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

3" is a bit overkill and it's not surprising it's louder. You may actually be getting less econ and power as well.

Instead of sound proofing the cabin why not make the exhaust a bit quieter? Add an additional resonator or even a pre-muffler. If you still want to soundproof the cabin more then try some GTmat. One of our mods just installed some in his trunk for testing purposes: try-our-sound-deadener-for-free-gtmat-t562777.html

Abear
Car: Juke SV / 09 EX35 Journey / 04 350z Roadster

Yes it is a bit of an overkill. What I decided to do was swap it out for a 2 1/4 in" mid pipe with a resonatore / pre-muffler and then added a Borla muffler. Much better, and again your correct about the fuel economy, I've seen a pump in mpg's also.

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”