Infiniti Speeding Stories

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Fair enough. :D

Resume speeding!

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

i wlll no doubt, o, speaking of speeding, on my way home just a few minutes ago there is a long straight road with a 4o mph speed limit, i usually do 7o (no one lives out here) well today i end of turning behind a big white Q, well i slowly accelerate to 7o or so, and realized i wasnt catching him, so i get on it more, up to 9o, and it was still pulling, wow i thought, he's probably just cruising with that big nice v8, well i finally have to slow down for the end of the road, only to notice it was an older lady driving!! id guess about 7oyrs old or so, i was shocked, beautiful car too!

Jesda

I got my new fuel pump installed tonight. She's more refined, and much smoother now.

So I drove a mile home from my mechanic's, and I turned left into the neighborhood. The two-lane road quickly merges into one, and this guy in a Chevy Silverado Z71 tried to play chicken with me as the lane merged.

At the light, we gunned it. We were neck and neck off the line for about 50 feet but I rapidly beat him, most likely to his surprise. His attempt at playing chicken and pushing me into the curb had failed. He tried doing this to me before when I had my Mazda 929 and pretty much succeeded. I think he learned his lesson this time.

And furthermore, my car had 575lbs of people in it! He was driving alone.

-Jesda

Metroyed

Well i bought my J30 about a month ago, it's fast, but nothing crazy. I didn't buy it for speed, i got it for a nice commuter to school and back. Anyway, the first weekend i was driving out on this River Road by my house around midnight(taking a detour home from my girlfriends) and i notice a News Tribune delivery truck, with some long haired-teenager reving the hell out of this engine. I can't figure out what the hell is going on, so i decide to leave him alone(i was a little scared in my new car). Well he took off surprisingly fast for a newspaper delivery truck, i got up to the speed limit and realized that he wasn't passing him, he just kept looking over wanting a race. So without looking over i just mashed the hell out of my gas pedal and screamed by him. I got up to 80 and then began to slow down (i didn't want a ticket this early in my new car), sure enough, Newsie comes sceaming behind me again with a teenage punk laughing and yelling something(now im pretty scared). However, i am still a testosterone driven male, so i of course use my new found adrenaline rush to blow by him (i had to go almost 95 to pass him, it was rediculous). eventually i passed way behind home, and when i got to the next light he was nowhere to be seen.

best part of the story, i was reading a competing newspaper, and one of the backstories was a missing newspaper delivery truck....i'll never know if that's the one i raced, but now i always look a little closer at those trucks.

ErikM3

Oh jeez lets see, I have some good ones but I will just hit the highlights for 2 of them.I was a passenger in a 1972 Pantera. My friend driving is a exIMSA driver so the boy can flat out drive. We are going 150 or so when I notice a PBSO (Palm Bch County Sherriff Office) helicopter pacing us, yikes, I tell John we are in deep sh*t his response is to grin and nail it to 170, no traffic as it is about 5 am on a Sunday moruning. Long story short we overheat the motor and he goes to jail, I hitchike home.Second story I am in my firebreathing M3, a FHP Z28 is pacing me on the Turnpike which cannot connect with I-95 which I am on so I decide to have some fun, I look at him and give him a thumbsup and nail it to about 140. He hits his lights and falls back in the dist. all hail the mighty M

slaughtermimms
Car: '95 Infiniti Q45
'02 Ford F150

Having just returned from Japan, I got out of about 10(ten) tickets????????????????very easy ........the car I was driving had Japanese plates and I had a Japanese license, this lasted about 6(six) months. I had to learn to slow down. OH WELL!!!!!!!! Remember don't try this at home.:ylsuper

AZ94Q

I thought I'd throw some stories into the loop. My 91, was my first real car, I owned. I pursched it before I turned 18, and began the journey. I didn't really know how to define a fast car, I know what I thought was quick, and I Had no idea what my car was capable of. I give the Q the credit for turning me onto motorsports, I'll never have as many racing (illegal street) experiences in one single vehicle again. I raced at least 5 (that i can remember) e36 m3s. Each time. if we raced after about 70 I ran neck and neck with them, until we both pulled off (usually around 120) I would slam the car into 2nd, it would take off like a rocketship. One time I was driving down camelback, and this cobra convertible came up on me. We began to tangle, the driver was ****ty. He had a hard time launching so I managed to stay with him. Then we pull up to a stop light, and I see his friend get out. I was thinking he was going to attack me, but he just swapped positions with his friend. We get on the freeway, and stomp on it around 70 or 75. Once again, he couldn't walk away. We raced all the way until 130, and then pulled off the freeway. He couldn't believe it, I just said yea it's a v8. I found that if a car ran low to mid 14s at high 90s, I could stay neck and neck with him on the high end, usually after 70. I usually won about 80% of the races. I don't street race anymore, so I know that experience won't be replicated. I can only imagine what one with some mods must run like. Enough ranting now.

AZ94Q

One more thing, whenever I mentioned these stories, nobody would ever believe a 15 1/4@95 could run with these vehicles. Good thing I always had a passanger.

reggiegsd
Car: '94 Q, '73 240Z

Why are all the speeding stories red light to red light or interstate based? What happened to chasing Miatas through the back woods?

Try it sometime, it scares the hell out of them.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Sounds like a blast. Too bad there's no "back woods" here in the valley...

I have followed my brother-in-law's A4 about 5 feet off his rear bumper through town and onto the freeway from 0 to over 110 before he got pissed, changed lanes and locked 'em up. Wondered why he couldn't "shake" my big fat Q... :D

nlzmo400r

when im on loney roads, i like someone to follow me, i had a spec V follow me one time on a road that follows the river (mississippi river), it is extremely swervy road, i know he couldve out handled me, but i turns out i just hve bigger balls i guess :)

Metroyed

hmmm, don't know what this will do to my balls but, here it goes...

i really hate it when people in peace of junk cars race me through dangerous terrain. My cars worth way too much to risk smashing into something. Fixing Infinti's aint cheap, and im not rich!

AZhitman
Administrator

It takes two to race. But good point otherwise.

GEOFF
Car: CARS/BIKING

dont worry don...radio does not travel at the speed of light and i think you might have been giving radio waves a run!

don85259
Car: computer games, fast cars, etc.

GEOFF wrote:dont worry don...radio does not travel at the speed of light and i think you might have been giving radio waves a run!

151 mph versus 700 mph? I don't think so. :)

Either way, I needed to get the hell off that highway. :ylsuper

--don

GEOFF
Car: CARS/BIKING

Oh I know I was stretching it a bit. Just not traveling at 186,000 miles per second! That is a scary story though. I have had an officer turn around a couple of times while racing someone. My idea was to keep going and leave the other racer behind to get the ticket. Hard to match the top speed of a Q on the open highway.

nlzmo400r

very true, ive never been in that situation, but u dont have to out run the bear, only the friend thats running with u :), unless they decided to radio for someone to pick u up too :(

Jesda

Teaching a lesson...

I was making a right turn at a green light on a two-lane one-way street.

A guy in the oncoming lane in a white Eclipse (looked like a 98, tall spoiler, large wheels, big windshield sticker) was making a left on to the same road I was. He had a green light but was required to yield to me.

Instead of yielding to me, he cut halfway into my lane, and I slammed my brakes barely missing him. Couldnt have been more than a couple inches away from his front fender.

I made my right turn and decided to show him who not to screw with. I slammed the gas and soared ahead of him, gave him a glance, and got in front of him. Both of us were aiming for the highway onramp on the left lane, which was coming up close.

As I was passing him, I noticed that he shifted down and tried his darndest to keep me from passing. When I got in front of him I heard this "reeeeeeeeeeeee reeeeeeeeee reeeeeeee!" sound. I thought I was being chased by a weed whacker.

When I got on the highway, I touched the cruise button at 60mph and blended in with traffic. He was right behind me, came out alongside of me, gave me a glare, and gunned it to 80mph or so and disappeared.

If only his girlfriend was in the car with him to double the humiliation!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Folks:lately I see a lot of speeding stories here.PASTE and COPY them into THIS thread, please!

Thanks!

Fred...:)

don85259
Car: computer games, fast cars, etc.

Ok, so I'm sitting at the light at Shea and the Piestewa Freeway in northeast Phoenix this morning. I'm in the center of three left turn only lanes, in my 1998 Q45 with 98k miles on it, first in line.

Up on the left side of me pulls up a late model Toyota Camry V6, and on the right pulls up a new Mustang GT premium convertible. I know the 'Stang was new because I just test drove one a few weeks ago, and this was the identical car.

Mr. 'Stang was a white boy in his 20s with his hat on sideways, a la Eminem style. Since I'm a blond 36 year old guy with a goatee dressed in nice clothes, most people think I'm a geezer. I'm sure he did as well. We looked at each other and, well, it was time to rock.

The light changed to green and we both stomped on it. He surged out in first gear slightly ahead of me (about a car length)as the 4.1 Liter V8 in my Q began to race towards the redline. We both are now executing our 90 degree left turns to actually run down the freeway on ramp onto S.R. 51. Accelerating hard, my Q leaned as she went into the turn. I then passed Mr. Stang as the auto tranny hit third. At this point, I was probably going 55-60 mph and he was at about 50 mph. I saw him wave his hand in frustration as I accelerated away.

I never looked back as the Q just walked away from him. Off the ramp I went, now pushing 90 as I merged into traffic with him a couple of car lengths behind me.

Ahh...did it feel good or what?

SPANKED HIM GOOD!

When I got to the office, I did some research and to be quite honest with you, he should have beaten me. Granted, he has 260 horses to my 266, but I'm lugging around 400 pounds more than him. I believe test times zero to 60 mph for his car are in the low 6 second range and I am in the high six to low 7 second range. Theories:

1. He screwed up while shifting his stick.

2. He didn't have the skill to wring every horse out of that engine to beat me.

3. Manufacturing vagaries means I have a few more ponies than advertised and/or he has a few less.

4. He wussed out in the turn and gave up (don't think so based on his harsh hand movement and his grimacing but who knows).

--don

Tgvince
Car: MTB Riding, tinkering in the garage on various car projects.

Don, Ill put you down for a CAI:).

Terry

Jesda

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....26744

Above is a link to a speeding story regarding my old Mazda. :)

-J

Jesda

Wow, the kill stories just keep coming!

So tonight my friend and I were headed someplace, and as we were pulling out of the neighborhood we heard a loud noise. "Is that a ricer?" I said. He goes, "Lets follow it and see!"

We got down the 45mph road and ran alongside a flat orange painted 93ish Civic, lowered, altezzas, big Folgers can muffler. Ahh yes, the predictables.

When we ran alongside he kept speeding up to stay a hair ahead and I kept speeding up just a bit. Finally we got to a stoplight.

My friend looked at him, the guy looked back, and he was revving the hell out of his econobox. Like that M45 commercial, I sort of sat there composed with my music playing, not hyped up or anything. He looked like he was ready to smoke two fat guys. Bear in mind the Q weighs in excess of 4200lbs, I'm 225lbs, my friend is 320lbs. The Q is also more of a high-speed cruiser than it is a drag racer, by how its geared and how it rides.

The light turned green, I threw Mandy into first, and took off. I didnt really try all that hard. I got up to 5000rpms at most in 3rd gear and scurried on up to 49mph. He was far FAR off in the distance. I could hear his exhaust and he was trying to keep up. He was humilated, and Mr. Honda made a right turn and disappeared before we could laugh at him. :D

My steath rocket might not be so stealth if I keep this up! :pface

-J.

cwb11698
Car: Cars and motorcycles

I got a story that happened just last night right before i wrecked my j30t. Me and my buddy were driving and this little honda rice burner pulls up next to me and revs his motor! He has a non-stock 4 cylinder. I could tell that he at least intake and exhaust. Well I rev my in return and when the light went green we took off!!!!!!!!! I raped that thing!!!!!! I even slowed down to tell him good job but he did not so I got back on it and smoked him again and he even had probly at least a 15mph jump on me. Well we raced till about 85-90 and he just got farther and farther back. When the next red light came I rolled down my window with him yelling at me asking what I had done. I leaned over and with a chuckel I said "absolutly NOTHING" This kid was mad!!! He had intake,exhaust,throtle body, and a chip is all he had time to tell me about. This story goes to show just how bad *** infiniti can be.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

cwb11698 wrote:I got a story that happened just last night right before i wrecked my j30t.
Ya gotta love those mods. 19" or 20" rims would have probably turned you into a loser.

Now about your wreck....?

AunVoh

ok, so this isn't really a race story, but i thought it was worth sharing...

So i'm going back to my home town out in Missouri, taking the backroads, when this dodge truck almost runs a stop sign and hits me, gives me the look of a redneck when he sees a speeding import on 'his' road... so i don't think much if it. had the cruise set on 70mph, so i just stay with that... al the sudden i notice he's right behind me, about 10 feet from my bumper.. so here comes a the first 90 degree turn, rated at 35mph, keep the cruise on, take it at 70, notice that the truck is making alot of noise and then darts off the road, into the ditch, and back up onto the road again, lesson learned i figured, coming up on the second turn, when i notice the truck is gaining on me again, so same thing, 90 turn, rated at 35, this time he cuts to the inside [left turn] and trys to stay with it, when a car comes around the corner, and so he jerks it to the right and goes flying off the road and into some field and some fence... so it's not really a race, but i had fun =)

245/45/17's > trucks =)

Jesda

ROFL!!!!

These kinds of stories always remind me of the M45 short film on Infiniti.com, where the guy takes all these sharp corners at high speeds without even blinking or trying, while the traditional muscle cars try their best to keep their composure.

-Jesda

nlzmo400r

maxnix wrote:Ya gotta love those mods. 19" or 20" rims would have probably turned you into a loser.

Now about your wreck....?
yes, i would like to hear about the wreck

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

AunVoh!

That is hilarious!

Fred..:)

AunVoh

thanks =) i try, i'm going to missour later tonight for FOJ so i'll make sure to post up if anyone goes off the road again, this time on taking the bike =p

Return to “General Chat”