Infiniti m35 recall notice

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
toyota95
Car: 2006 M35x

I was thinking the same thing. I go to the dealership all the time, but how does Infiniti actually know I have this car? I haven't registered anywhere.

If you haven't done so yet, contact Nissan directly 800-662-6200, then follow prompts to recall info.
Ref: Recall Notice 13V-430. Give them your current address and VIN. You should have an answer before you get off the phone.

TXT
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

Got this done today. Like other people have said, throttle response is much different and acceleration is much easier due to the fact that it now feels more sensitive and also has a "springy" feedback from the pedal like someone else said before. Feels like a new car!

If you haven''t done this yet, set up an appointment and make sure they will have a loaner available. You wont pay a dime and you won't regret it.

They also didn't ask for VIN number, I just told them what car I had and appointment was made. Easy.

agee
Car: 2010 M35S

I picked up my car from OC Infiniti this morning. They had given me a sleek black Q50x loaner to drive while the recall work was getting done on my car.

Here's a thoughts on the Q50. The Q50 is really nice; performance is good, the ride was a less harsh than my M35S, the tech/new touchscreen was impressive (I really wish the M35 had integrated bluetooth audio that i could control from the car), the transmission up and down shifts smooth and quick in both D and manual mode. I felt the new steering was definitely too "twitchy," even the tiniest movement on the steering wheel translated to the pavement. I would prefer a little bit more play in the steering. The rear passengers seem to have less foot space and the trunk definitely seemed smaller. I don't think I would have been able to fit a decent haul from Costco in the Q50 trunk.

Back to the post recall M35. Like others have said, acceleration is better. It seems more intentional and with purpose. I previously had issues while sunday driving with 4th gear where in low acceleration the car will struggle when shifting into 4th gear in D mode which results the transmission dropping back down into 3 to get more power and then back up to 4th. I did a few tests on the way home from Costco and I feel that it's gotten better. There isn't that dropoff in power going into 4th on a slow acceleration anymore.

MOWellsinVA
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport (Obsidian Black w/ Graphite interior)

I have an appointment at Pearson Infiniti to get this recall done this coming Tuesday, with a loaner scheduled.

atlM35

My service was performed yesterday. I made an apointment online and went in. No questions asked, they gave me a loaner g37 and i got an email and phone call when it was complete. Definitely a different throttle response.
After driving about 30 miles, it seemed as if the ecu learned my driving and it felt great.
When the motor cooled down, I changed out the plugs after putting it off for months.
Night and day. I'm hoping to see some mpg benefits over the 14-15 that I've been seeing these past several months.

FlawleZ
Car: 1992 Nissan 300ZX TT
1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo
2017 Nissan Titan SV 4x4

Glad I read through this thread as it appears it includes M45s as well. Can we change the thread title to include both I bet a lot of M45 owners won't bother to check with just M35 in the title. I'll be calling my local Infiniti dealer tomorrow to schedule an appt.

cruzad3r
Car: 2006 M35x fully loaded

i dropped my car off saturday and picked it up today. had a 2012 G37x for loaner. the 7Speed is pretty nice for MPG but it's shifting is not something that i'm impressed by.

anyway, picked up the car, drove for about 5 miles back to work and i can't tell a dam thing that's different. will report back to see if it's any better... need to do plugs too. those who have done this yourself, how long does this take? do i need to take anything off to have better access. any tips are greatly appreciated. thanks

atlM35

That's odd. I can tell that the throttle opens more at lower percent pedal presss. The pedal also felt like it took a little more effort to press.
For the plugs, it took me 45 minutes after taking off the engine cover.
You'll need socket extensions of different lengths and a universal joint.

CPJ LB
Car: 12 G37X Sedan- stealthy modded
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

atlM35 wrote:That's odd. I can tell that the throttle opens more at lower percent pedal presss. The pedal also felt like it took a little more effort to press.
^ +1

...I had the recall fixed for some time now and the car is MUCH improved with it's acceleration/response/take off/cruising.... I'll report back about my gas mileage...I want to give it a month...

....btw, I also changed out the transmission fluid a week after getting the recall issue fixed...car feels really good :biggrin:

I'm pushing 135K miles now....car still pulls strong!!!

mexillis
Car: M45s

Has anyone else completed this recall with a car being UpRev'd? I'm sure not all of us have the ability to go to a tuner nearby and put it back on so I'm just wondering if this will wipe out the software during the fix of this recall or not?

M35x06
Car: 2006 Infinity M35x

I'm scheduled for this recall service on the 20th. I'm curious what my loaner will be. Hopefully I feel the improvement you guys have.

MOWellsinVA

Took my M45 Sport in yesterday to drop off at the dealer. I was given a white on black Q50 AWD as a loaner. Very nice car: I liked it better than the G sedans that I had been given in the past as loaners. Very cool and easy to use infotainment system with two screens and an info screen between the tach and the speedo that was changeable by way of buttons on the steering wheel to show tire pressures, outside temps., fuel economy, etc. Bluetooth connection to my iPhone worked great, music sounded fine, and all of the song information was right there on the touch screen. The car felt larger inside, I had always felt a bit cramped in the G sedans before. The dash looked good, there was some stitched leather going up the sides of the console that looked good. The car had a more premium feeling to me than the earlier generation. I liked the exterior, especially the "face" of the car. Nicely agressive, but not as over-the-top as the new Lexus face.
My M45 is driving very nicely with the real fix. I took the opportunity to have the oil changed, transmission flushed and the diff fluid replaced while it was in the shop.

06M4.5
Car: 2006 M45

mexillis wrote:Has anyone else completed this recall with a car being UpRev'd? I'm sure not all of us have the ability to go to a tuner nearby and put it back on so I'm just wondering if this will wipe out the software during the fix of this recall or not?
I won't be doing it until next year.

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

atlM35 wrote:My service was performed yesterday. I made an apointment online and went in. No questions asked, they gave me a loaner g37 and i got an email and phone call when it was complete. Definitely a different throttle response.
After driving about 30 miles, it seemed as if the ecu learned my driving and it felt great.
When the motor cooled down, I changed out the plugs after putting it off for months.
Night and day. I'm hoping to see some mpg benefits over the 14-15 that I've been seeing these past several months.

I received another notice from Nissan, this time stating that I needed to:

"Please contact your Infiniti retailer as soon as possible to have your vehicle repaired. If the MIL is illuminated contact your Infiniti retailer immediately and it will make arrangements for an immediate repair. Do not continue using your vehicle with the MIL illuminated. Please bring this notice with you when you keep your service appointment. Instructions have ben sent to your Infiniti retailer."

I made an online appointment for right after Christmas and got it done...took about 2.5 hours... :frown:

BUT, got a wash and I agree with atlM35, my car drives like a dream. I used to have a little bit of a lag when I'd really put my foot down and then there'd be a little surge, like the car just got slapped in the a**. Now, the power seems to come almost instantaneously!!! :naughty:

TXT

That's a great way of putting it pedsemdoc, that's how my car feels now and I love it. She's young again lol

MOWellsinVA

Agreed: no throttle lag now. My mileage has dropped since the recall fix due to hooning the car a bit, because it feels so good to accelerate now!

Toykoz32
Car: 1992 Nissan 300zx 2by2 tt
1992 Nissan 300zx slicktop tt
1990 Nissan 300zx tt
2008 M35s
2012 M37

@CPJ LB,

Pm me your info, this is RJ from Church.

Kirkland91
Car: Infiniti m35s

Has anyone from Seattle area completed this?
I have got the notice but local dealership (Infiniti of Kirkland) claims my VIN is not in their database.

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

Mine was done on Dec. 16th at Infiniti of Tacoma - they did a great job and I've noticed an improvement in acceleration since I had the recall work done. I had received my first notice late in November and just called them and made an appt. My second recall notice came last week. They gave me a Q50x as a loaner, which was fun to drive, but I actually like my M35x better - it seems more refined and just as powerful.

jonlex99
Car: 06 Infiniti M35X, 06 Kawasaki Z10r, 06 G35s coupe 6smt with the 19 inch forge wheels. 02 Lexus LX470

Never got any info in the mail about any recall. Never the less after reading this thread. I called my local Infiniti dealer and made an appointment to get my M fix. I didn't experience any issues with my gas pedal or any CEL. Dealer just got it fix no questions asked. About an hour worth of wait so no loaner for me, but got to hang out with my little boy. The car feels way better, gas pedal is a little stiff but good... I guess Infiniti learned from toyota's big misshap.

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

Toykoz32 wrote:@CPJ LB,

Pm me your info, this is RJ from Church.

sending PM now...

AirDoc
Car: 06 M35X

Had my recall done today - went ahead and did some belts, oil svc and a tire rotation..seems fine/same driving so far.....now I gotta find some struts....uggh.

TXT

AirDoc wrote:Had my recall done today - went ahead and did some belts, oil svc and a tire rotation..seems fine/same driving so far.....now I gotta find some struts....uggh.
Which dealership did you go to?

Iconic
Car: Nissan

I just got this done, I had no issues before. I now feel low end is improved greatly, take off from stop is lightning fast, slip light comes on almost always and I have awd. Butt dyno says I gained 15 @wheels. This is the best free mod, I'm totally stock btw.
08-M45x

asavage
Car: 2006 M35 Sport RWD

Kirkland91 wrote:Has anyone from Seattle area completed this?
I have got the notice but local dealership (Infiniti of Kirkland) claims my VIN is not in their database.
We had ours done yesterday at Infiniti of Kirkland. Took 1.5 hours.

Since I'd replaced our pedal assy myself in May2012, Infiniti is giving me a refund for the part, upon submission of our receipt for the part, and submission of the receipt from the dealer replacing it again! Really. They had to replace the pedal assy again. I suppose it's possible that the one I bought in Denver was still of the bad batch.

We're doing the scans of the receipts now. We earlier called National Consumer Affairs Dept, Infiniti North America Inc. (800.662.6200) and received an email with a Case No. We're to attach the two receipts scans and email them back. We get a reimbursement check sometime later. That's how I understand it.

MrDrank
Car: Infiniti M35 Sport

There are a few people that posted on this thread that had the problems I am having now. When I first starting experiencing the problem, I also noticed my VDC and SLIP lights come on. Everytime I would start my car they would be off. But going down the highway, my car seemed like it stalled at 70 MPH and then it would kick back on but with the VCD and SLIP lights on. I took my car to the Austin Infinti for the gas pedal sensor. They swapped it out and they told me that the VDC and SLIP sensors that are coming on have noting to do with the recall (even though it happened at the exact same time and I am now reading other people experiencing it.) BUT the problem is still happening. When Im rolling to a stop sign, bam, car dies. So I guess my question is, does anyone know if these are directly related?

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

MrDrank wrote:There are a few people that posted on this thread that had the problems I am having now. When I first starting experiencing the problem, I also noticed my VDC and SLIP lights come on. Everytime I would start my car they would be off. But going down the highway, my car seemed like it stalled at 70 MPH and then it would kick back on but with the VCD and SLIP lights on. I took my car to the Austin Infinti for the gas pedal sensor. They swapped it out and they told me that the VDC and SLIP sensors that are coming on have noting to do with the recall (even though it happened at the exact same time and I am now reading other people experiencing it.) BUT the problem is still happening. When Im rolling to a stop sign, bam, car dies. So I guess my question is, does anyone know if these are directly related?
didn't the dealer run diagnostics for you?? strange if they didn't. If you don't have a diagnostic code reader, you can go to AutoZone and pick one up or have them read any codes....it might be the issue of Camshaft position sensors....

need more details of your car....year, miles, etc.... good luck.

asavage
Car: 2006 M35 Sport RWD

asavage wrote:We had ours done yesterday at Infiniti of Kirkland. Took 1.5 hours.

[I'd replaced it myself in May2012]

We're doing the scans of the receipts now. We earlier called National Consumer Affairs Dept, Infiniti North America Inc. (800.662.6200) and received an email with a Case No. We're to attach the two receipts scans and email them back. We get a reimbursement check sometime later. That's how I understand it.
We received a reimbursement check from Infiniti in about two weeks. They reimbursed for the part only, no labor (since I did it myself and had no labor receipt for my own work ;) )

Logan00
Car: 2008 Black M35x

MrDrank wrote:There are a few people that posted on this thread that had the problems I am having now. When I first starting experiencing the problem, I also noticed my VDC and SLIP lights come on. Everytime I would start my car they would be off. But going down the highway, my car seemed like it stalled at 70 MPH and then it would kick back on but with the VCD and SLIP lights on. I took my car to the Austin Infinti for the gas pedal sensor. They swapped it out and they told me that the VDC and SLIP sensors that are coming on have noting to do with the recall (even though it happened at the exact same time and I am now reading other people experiencing it.) BUT the problem is still happening. When Im rolling to a stop sign, bam, car dies. So I guess my question is, does anyone know if these are directly related?

I found out that my lights coming on were unrelated to the recall, I was apparantly low on oil. Once I added oil, even before my recall was done, my lights never came back on.

Thankfully it was only city driving with my low oil.

Good luck

lagalaxy8

Had mine done Sunday took about an hour and a half. Was pretty painless except for the fact I had to drive an hour to the dealer and spend a day shopping with my wife.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”