Infiniti m35 recall notice

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Partysan7
Car: 2008 M35

Are they ( dealership) taking care of the recall without the second notification ?
Do they already have a database of vin numbers which are affected ? I would like to take mine in...

finikM35
Car: 2007 M35x tech package
5/16 plenum spacer, element 114 exhaust, ztube,k&n, grounding kit, uprev tuned, D2 coilovers.

Notice any difference? How long did it take and which dealer

Wangtang408
Car: 2006 M35

My appt is Wed, the told me it would take 1hr. I don't really care they are giving me a loaner to smash.

Logan00
Car: 2008 Black M35x

I have an appointment for Saturday at Ramsey Infiniti to get my recall taken care of. I only received the first notice.

raysworld718
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35

Got recall last Friday. Depends on how busy dealer is but takes about 1 hr or 2. I got into an accident due to this defect. Rear bumper got hit from left driver side and it shot down a strut. Wasn't sure the issue so i did a whole tune up service, bought a new optima battery and got an acceleration pedal from mechanic back in May. Contacted Nissan, getting reimbursed for part and labor of the pedal only. SUCKS cuz i paid a lot for this defect. But least is something.

Do suggest to contact Nissan consumers if any issue, even if not purchased through dealer.

calidoso
Car: 2009 Infiniti M35x: 100% LED

Got mine done today due to being busy tomorrow. Car accelerates much better, at least in my case. Got it done at the Ray Catena Infiniti in Edison New Jersey, took about 3 hrs because they were pretty busy.

finikM35
5/16 plenum spacer, element 114 exhaust, ztube,k&n, grounding kit, uprev tuned, D2 coilovers.

Called Kings Infiniti in brooklyn NY they didn't even ask me for vin number and said we can do it lol should i worry?

Logan00

Why, because they didn't ask for your VIN? I am getting mine done at Ramsey Infiniti in NJ and they didn't ask for my VIN when I made my appt. either.

Wangtang408

I am getting the recall done at Beshoff Infiniti San Jose, Ca. Currently waiting, i was supposed to get a loaner but they are out... :nono:

finikM35

I guess i don't trust that dealership but its close to me, within walking distance.

TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

calidoso wrote:Got mine done today due to being busy tomorrow. Car accelerates much better, at least in my case. Got it done at the Ray Catena Infiniti in Edison New Jersey, took about 3 hrs because they were pretty busy.
Please describe what exactly you mean by it accelerates better. Is it that you don't feel that hesitation AT ALL anymore when you step on the gas? Or do you feel the hesitation less? Or is it a matter of it feels smoother overall in the gear shifting? Personally I'm only interested in doing this if I see people basically say when they mash on the gas it consistently takes off like it should at least 8 out of 10 times instead of 3 out of 10. This damn car moves when it wants to.

If anyone else does this please also reply in kind.

CPJ LB
Car: 12 G37X Sedan- stealthy modded
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

^ @ TDOT,

Maybe my description will help, since I have the Uprev Tune I was able to drive the car in it's stock form and tuned form before AND after the recall fix.

after my car's ECU was returned to 'stock' setting I drove over to the dealer to drop off my car (for the recall fix) and the car's acceleration was 'ok'. it did not feel 'snappy' when getting off the line, but then again, there wasn't a 'pause' or 'hesitation' as described in the recall symptoms.

Then once the car was finished with the recall fix, (the ECU still in 'stock' setting) I drove back to my tuner in order to get my custom Uprev tune reflashed back to the car. I had a few quick runs in between stop lights and I DID notice a better, quicker response off the line and into the upper rpms.

Finally, after getting my Uprev tune back on the car, the car performed even better!! quicker off the line, even during manual mode, the acceleration response and smoothness was night and day better

**I suggest that the recall fix gets done in order to avoid any dreadful issues that could arise - being more of a safety issue than a 'performance concern'. You'll notice the difference, while feeling secure that a potential safety issue has been handled. That's why I got mine done sooner than later...I didn't wait for the so called '2nd notice' from Infiniti. I drive my car with my kids and wife, so it was urgent I handle this. As far as total time to fix the issue, I would say 1-2 hours....depending when you drop off your car at the dealer - there could be little to a lot of cars ahead of you...Get a loaner and ask for the complimentary car wash, too :bigthumb:

agee
Car: 2010 M35S

CPJ LB wrote: **I suggest that the recall fix gets done in order to avoid any dreadful issues that could arise - being more of a safety issue than a 'performance concern'. You'll notice the difference, while feeling secure that a potential safety issue has been handled. That's why I got mine done sooner than later...I didn't wait for the so called '2nd notice' from Infiniti. I drive my car with my kids and wife, so it was urgent I handle this. As far as total time to fix the issue, I would say 1-2 hours....depending when you drop off your car at the dealer - there could be little to a lot of cars ahead of you...Get a loaner and ask for the complimentary car wash, too :bigthumb:
Out of curiosity, which dealership did you get the work done at? I've been going to OC Infiniti, but I haven't had the chance to call up the service guy yet.

Slug612
Car: 2006 M35x

Hey Guys,

First Post on this site as I recently purchased a 2006 M35x.Love the car! I checked to see if there were any open recalls on this car and found out I needed to bring it in for the accelerator pedal assembly to be worked on. I brought it in last Saturday(11/23/13) and was supposed to take 1.5 hours. They called me an hour after I left the dealership saying they got the brake and gas pedals replaced with the electronic box that sends the signal. However when they did the software update, the Engine control module(ECM) didn't accept the new pedal assembly so I will be getting a new ECM out of this as well for no charge. The ECM is on B/O right now until next week which makes me wonder if this has been a problem with lots of the recall vehicles? Seems like most of you guys haven't had any problems though. The dealership hooked me up with a 2013 G37x which has been fun to drive.

Happy Thanksgiving

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

agee wrote:
CPJ LB wrote: **I suggest that the recall fix gets done in order to avoid any dreadful issues that could arise - being more of a safety issue than a 'performance concern'. You'll notice the difference, while feeling secure that a potential safety issue has been handled. That's why I got mine done sooner than later...I didn't wait for the so called '2nd notice' from Infiniti. I drive my car with my kids and wife, so it was urgent I handle this. As far as total time to fix the issue, I would say 1-2 hours....depending when you drop off your car at the dealer - there could be little to a lot of cars ahead of you...Get a loaner and ask for the complimentary car wash, too :bigthumb:
Out of curiosity, which dealership did you get the work done at? I've been going to OC Infiniti, but I haven't had the chance to call up the service guy yet.
I ended up going to South Bay Infiniti...they were really good. I have been going to OC Infin for parts and stuff, then I read some "not so good" things on YELP about OC Infin (the General Mgr - specifically), so I decided to try out South Bay Infin to avoid any issues with the recall fix and South Bay Infin is a short trip to my tuner (Church Auto Tune). I live in Long Beach so I'm in between both dealerships...

I'm sure you'll be fine going to OC Infin, it just made it easier for me to go to South Bay since I had to deal with the tune.

finikM35

So got recall done today. Throttle response is much improved especially from complete stop. Also its much smoother and maintains speed on highway easier than before. Took about 2 hours

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

finikM35 wrote:So got recall done today. Throttle response is much improved especially from complete stop. Also its much smoother and maintains speed on highway easier than before. Took about 2 hours
Are they replacing the actual gas pedal itself, or is the defective unit a specific part aside from the actual pedal. I ask because I installed metal pedal covers and I hate to have to remove it to get the car fixed and re-install it on a new pedal.

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

Larz wrote:
finikM35 wrote:So got recall done today. Throttle response is much improved especially from complete stop. Also its much smoother and maintains speed on highway easier than before. Took about 2 hours
Are they replacing the actual gas pedal itself, or is the defective unit a specific part aside from the actual pedal. I ask because I installed metal pedal covers and I hate to have to remove it to get the car fixed and re-install it on a new pedal.
The actual pedal isn't being replaced...its the metal "J" shaped part behind the pedal that is being replaced since the sensor is connected to it....something like this - that are being sold on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-M35-M4 ... 1286387937

gavnator
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X Obsidian Black, Bourbon Interior, Journey, Navigation
2013 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring

I received my letter about a week ago. Going in for an oil change next week so I will inquire regarding the fix. :mike

Wangtang408

The actual pedal isn't being replaced...its the metal "J" shaped part behind the pedal that is being replaced since the sensor is connected to it....something like this - that are being sold on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-M35-M4 ... 1286387937[/quote]

I thought that they replaced the whole pedal, me pedal looks new and shiny, maybe they cleaned it when I got the complementary car wash

Logan00

I got the recall done on my M today as well and felt the same things as I drove. I expected the better response from stop as others have mentioned but like you I also noticed it was MUCH easier to maintain whatever highway speed I was driving. I live about 1 hour from the dealer, most highway driving so I got to test it out completely.

I had to get my battery changed while at the dealer as well, it was on it's last legs.

I also had a 2013 G37x as a loaner and it was fun to drive, but I missed my M. I had a look at a sweet M37xS with paddle shifters while I was at the dealer and wished I got that as my loaner instead.

lovemycarM35
Car: 2014 Lexus GS 350
With F-Sport Package
Nebula Gray
19" wheels
12.3 inch display
Navigation

I finally got a call back from my dealer I'll be dropping my car this week for the recall

jallow33
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
Graphite Metallic
Technology and Journey Package
XM/NAV/DVD

Going to Harte Infiniti, as Infiniti of Manhattan couldnt guarantee me a loaner

cruzad3r
Car: 2006 M35x fully loaded

jallow33 wrote:Going to Harte Infiniti, as Infiniti of Manhattan couldnt guarantee me a loaner
harte in hartford ct? did they give you any crap about your VIN is not affected in the system? who did you talk to?

jallow33
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
Graphite Metallic
Technology and Journey Package
XM/NAV/DVD

@cruzader
yes harte in hartford, there pretty busy to as I called last Monday for an appointment this Thursday coming up, so If I was you I would call them first thing Monday. I spoke to a chick named dominique, I just told her I got the first notice that everyone has been getting and scheduled me in, didnt verify the VIN to see if the recall actually applies to my vehicle

cruzad3r
Car: 2006 M35x fully loaded

thanks for the info. will have to call again.

Logan00

When I was at the dealer this weekend getting my recall done the service manager said Infiniti was fixing all M's, regardless of VIN numbers. He said they were only checking VIN's to help spreadout how many M's come in at any one time to get the recall done.

When I made my appointment they did not ask for or check my VIN though.

Good luck

Spiccato
Car: 2007 M35

Going to Plaza Infiniti in StL this Thursday. Thanks for the info, gents!

toyota95
Car: 2006 M35x

{ i got nothing still and i haven't use the dealer to do any work on the car since i bought it. i wonder if Infiniti knows I have a M35x}

Contact Nissan directly 800-662-6200 ref: 13V-430 Give them your current address and VIN

patmcd06
Car: 2007 M35x

Had my 07 m35x in for a 60K service, and they did the recall at the same time. I notice a little quicker throttle response, but nothing crazy. I did notice that the car shifts alot better, but that could be the tranny flush

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”