Infiniti M Bulb Size Chart

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Added the 2011+ M models.

Altered
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x

For the 2013 I do not see a dome light in my car, and the Front map lights are not 194 type bulbs. Anyone know what they are? Doesn't specify on the bulb itself. Says 12v8W

Ruleman
Car: 2003 Imfiniti M45
2010 ML 63 AMG

Hello Guys,

Would anyone be able to confirm if the temperature of the HID lights on the 2003/2004 M45 is 6000K? I want to install color matching fog lights on my car and want to make sure I get this right.

Also, would it be better to go straight to LEDs, or am I better of with an HID conversion kit?

Thanks!

calidoso
Car: 2009 Infiniti M35x: 100% LED

Has anyone replaced or found a place to buy the LED for the vanity/visor bulb to a 09 M35? I bought a set from EBay and of course it does not really correspond to the car. Like it was stated before the bulb i purchased is much bigger than the original one in the vehicle.

Drumboy
Car: 2011 M37S

The running light on my 2011 M37S is out and I tried to change it yesterday but I'm not sure how to get it out. I was able to get the cover off of the back but behind that was sort of a metal plate.

Anyone

Altered

Ruleman OEM HIDs are 4100K, I have yet to find an aftermarket setup that will match perfectly in the foglights. Most people seem to go with 6000K, but lately LED fogs are becoming popular too. For the price and ease of installation LEDs are hard to beat, but HIDs are much brighter

caliD could you read the #s off your OE bulb? That may help to identify it

Drumboy that bulb goes in from the top at an angle. Once you move the rubber hood liner and black flexible trim out of the way you'll see the wire snaking along the side/top of the headlight.Follow it and you'll feel where the bulb goes, it's in an extended bulb housing. It's hard to see but I'll try to get pics tomorrow in the sun...

Ruleman
Car: 2003 Imfiniti M45
2010 ML 63 AMG

Altered wrote:Ruleman OEM HIDs are 4100K, I have yet to find an aftermarket setup that will match perfectly in the foglights. Most people seem to go with 6000K, but lately LED fogs are becoming popular too. For the price and ease of installation LEDs are hard to beat, but HIDs are much brighter
Altered,

Thanks for the reply. I was debating between LEDs and Fogs, depending on availability of adequate temperature. Quite frankly, I've never experienced fog in the area where we live that would warrant a real need to use them, so i am going for this more for an aesthetic purpose than anything else.

I will report back with results once I figure this out, but thanks again for the input.

Cheers!

Altered

You're welcome, Still deciding on what to use for my fogs, too.

For anyone interested, the Maplights in the 2013 M are BA9S bulbs, just found this out today and ordered my LED ones.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I upgraded my headlamps to 6000k morimoto's. In Florida, we don't get fog, snow, or winter and lots of peeps have upgraded the fogs to 6000k to match the headlamps for appearance. My only word of caution is that, depending where you drive, you will no longer have actual 'fog' lamps. With 6000k fog lamps, you will actually 'light up' the fog (similar to using high beans), making it more difficult to see than with the fog lamps switched OFF. I am told that in normal night driving, 6000k fogs can blind oncoming traffic by reflecting light upwards off the road surface, but not told by an actual lighting engineer, so take that with a dose of salt.
I can, however, tell you NO bulb will actually cut THROUGH fog in the first place. Based on simple physics, no wavelength of any bulb will disperse light THROUGH fog (fog is actually water droplets which distort any light's wavelength). Most experts agree, however, that the 3000k golden yellow colour comes closest to improving visibility in harsh weather and fog conditions.
Personally, I have Phillips 8-LED driving lamps and between those and my headlamps my car looks brilliant at night (see photos below). My fogs are now yellowish 3000k LED and I only use them on the motorways and turnpikes in the dead of night to make sure any sleepy oncoming drivers see 6 sets of yellow / white bulbs coming in the opposite lane.

Altered

Additionally, fog lights are supposed to be aimed low to illuminate the road BELOW the fog, not into it. Yellow really provides no advantage, you usually lose output when you switch to yellow from white (notice the Yellow HID kits have lower Lumens). I specifically use my fogs for personal appeal as I like the look of them. When it's actually foggy out I turn them off, lol

I'm likely going to buy 4300K HID kit for my fog lamps

drob511
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe(sold)
2006 Infiniti G35 coupe(sold)
2009 Nissan Maxima(sold)
2013 Infiniti M37

Altered did you ever post the pics for Drumboy on how to get to the running lights, I want to change mine but don't know how to get to them and don't know what size they are.

sycon82
Car: 2012 Ininiti M37x

Altered wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:01 am
You're welcome, Still deciding on what to use for my fogs, too.

For anyone interested, the Maplights in the 2013 M are BA9S bulbs, just found this out today and ordered my LED ones.

Thank you so much for posting Map light bulb size, I have been looking for this info for days!!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”