In the market for a used Q70 Hybrid - please help evaluate

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
ShadowParker
Car: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Convertible

Hi you Nissanistas (?) and Infinicionados (?) I ask for help in the hopes of finding - one fine day - the holy grail of daily driving: The Infiniti Q70 Hybrid!

The one model I have been looking to get my hands on for half a year now. To be fair, the Q50 Hybrid is included in my hunt, but I would prefer the bigger one.
And when that day finally comes, I hope to participate in further discussion and maybe even help out some of you guys!

You may ask: Why such an old model? Why an Infiniti? Why the Hybrid? To keep it short, I really like Nissan's concept of the hybrid performance car (biggest selling point for me), and the comfort of the ride. Add to this that I like to own multiple cars, the cost of this older model is also one deciding factor.

I hail from Germany, which means in the context of my interest in Infinitis: Models are extremely rare to find, especially in hybrid form. The make is not sold here any more for quite some time now, and when it was sold: not so much. For instance, the number of sold M Y51 did not even reach 1.000 from 2010 to 2017.

To the topic - I found one Q70 Hybrid, built 2016, with 12.000 miles on it... but hear me out:

Dealer says upfront that it had some front damage, but details are unknown.
> My plan would be to visit Nissan service to let them check the car + check the hybrid battery status.
> What do you think: Since such a car checkup might not be able to go into details too much (removing plastic covers etc), any tips on what to look at specifically?

My short test drive showed a bit of an offset on the steering wheel.
> Above mentioned check should identify if the repairs "missed something", and/or wheel alignment was not done properly.

The shift lock cover seems to have been worked on with a tool.
> So lever operation might have been necessary to be forced due to an accident - or just because of a dead battery? Nothing big?

I noticed relatively strong brake shuddering, which got better while test driving.
> Might be due to heavily corroded disks, or dou you think it might be something more critical? Something above mentioned car check might miss? (dealer wants to change disks)

A/C was not working.
> Understandable for a car standing around that long? (dealer wants to fill fluid)

Service was only done once.
> Granted, the car was not driven much, but a few thousand miles could have happened with very old oil
> Negligible with such low mileage, or not?

Price translates to 31.000 dollars incl. taxes.
> What would you pay in the US for such a banger? ;) Thing to note is that used Infinitis should also be relatively cheap here, compared to other up-scale vehicles.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Seems you may have better luck finding an older M35H model.

What area are you in, that may help in the search.

biggie

Only one popping up for me is this one on autotrader:
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... Records=25

biggie

ShadowParker
Car: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Convertible

Region: Europe

So there's still some patience left until I'd seriously consider an import.

I try to summarize the input I hope to find based on your experience with that particular model.

Dealer says upfront that it had some front damage, but details are unknown.
> My plan would be to visit Nissan service to let them check the car + check the hybrid battery status.
> Since such a car checkup might not be able to go into details too much (removing plastic covers etc), any tips on what to look at specifically?

I noticed relatively strong brake shuddering, which got better while test driving.
> Might be due to heavily corroded disks, or dou you think it might be something more critical? Something above mentioned car check might miss? (dealer wants to change disks)

A/C was not working.
> Understandable for a car standing around that long? (dealer wants to fill fluid)

Service was only done once.
> Granted, the car was not driven much, but a few thousand miles could have happened with very old oil.
> Negligible with such low mileage, or not?

Price translates to 31.000 dollars incl. taxes.
> What would you pay in the US for such a banger? Does it seem too expensive for "repaired front damage, details unknown"?

biggie

Assume it is really rare over there to find a Q70 hybrid/M35H. Import may be your best bet as they are pretty hard to find here.

How is the JDM market with them?

EmersonHart13
Car: 2015 Q70L 3.7 AWD

You couldn't give me a M/Q hybrid. Its the opposite of the usual reliable Infiniti experience since they made so few of them. Dealers don't have enough experience with them so they lean on Corpo who is slow to respond and the engineers are not listening to the techs.

If you want to read my saga head over to this forum and enjoy:

https://www.thechicagogarage.com/thread ... ty.144786/

There are a few posts here about it as well.

Mickey917
Car: Infiniti M35H

Hello,

Here is my advice : do not buy it at this price if you do not know what kind of damages.

You could also have for half the price a used m35h.

When I buy my m35h, I was also looking at q70, with most good occasions around 24/27k€ for 50mkm. The m35h I choose was 73mkm and 16k€.

I have all the maintenance since new and they just dis a sub water pump replacement. Other things is fluids, pads, etc…

But you have to worry about parts availability because you live in Europe like me. American infiniti parts websites won’t ship to Europe (they refused for me). You have some things on eBay… So it is hard but not impossible to find what you want. m

But man, I love this car.

PS : beware of german cars with low low mileage, here around 35/100 is modified illegally.

PS2 : AC is not working at all, or didn’t cool/warm enough ? Could be a pain, why dealer don’t fix this before put the car on sale if it is just fluid ?

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”