Ideas for old nav system

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
mindfullsilence
Car: 2006 350z Touring Edition

Hey guys,

I just bought a 2006 350 touring that has the nav/bose system. The nav is pretty old and I'm looking to remove it, but not sure what to do with the space it's in. I'm going to put in an aftermarket head unit that will have GPS built in, so no real need for the OEM GPS. Any ideas/products/etc you all know of that would fill in the space?

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

One thing is to put gauges in that spot. Its usually the go to for the cubby owners.. ill admit its hard to find someone that used that replaced that screen space with something else.

Another option is running HKS camp 2 and utilizing the screen for data...the cool factor on this is high and neat, but time is a b**** and that piece is Very rare and discontinued.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

I've often considered what to put in the navi space if I removed mine and replaced it (and the stereo) with a nav capable aftermarket unit. My first guess, as doing this would mean I'd be keeping the car long term, would be to put a Tanabe TEAS or Tein EDFC control unit in there, just to keep things streamlined inside.

I'd probably put a couple of gauges in there as well, not sure which ones though. I'd consider replacing the stuff in the triple pod if the gauges weren't linked and the multifunction gauge weren't so damned perfect.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”