I want to get the Rogue, but....

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Jnetty99

Our current lease is up and the car has to be returned by 10/2/07, I hope the dealer we deal with will have it by then. I have spoken to them and they have placed my name on the list. We currently have a Altima but want something with more cargo space; the Murano is too much money though.

The concern is that everyone i speak to about my excitement of getting this car tells me "oh don't get a first year model car, wait till the second year".

computerguy
Car: 2005 350Z Roadster/2021 ROGUE Platinum AWD

Should be no problem its a NISSAN. Seriously it is using proven technology, power train from Altima and X-Trail both reliable vehicles. and it has an English cousin that has been in production since January.

philipa_240sx

And it shares the C platform used on the current gen Sentra.

I'm not particulary worried about first year production. Any issues are likely to be minor. There are little if any changes on my '03 Altima as compared to the first model year in '02.

cariv

I had the same thought, wait until the bugs are worked out. But there are things to consider....It is a Nissan. They are not known for bad workmanship. There is a warranty on it. If there is going to be anything that goes wrong, chances are it's going to be covered. I had heard that the Rogue was a slightly smaller version of another Nissan crossover, the Qashqai which was tested in Europe (Car & Driver). My dealership has my name and number with instructions to call when the truck pulls into their lot.......which I was told would be any day.

computerguy
Car: 2005 350Z Roadster/2021 ROGUE Platinum AWD

The rogue is bigger than the Qashqai actually 1ft longer.

OrionPax
Car: '04 Altima

If you need/want you can extend your lease until you get your Rogue, I'm doing that right now. My 04 altima lease expired in June, but since I had my Rogue on order I just called Nissan finance and they were willing to do a month-to-month extension or even a 3 month extension.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Rogue Forum”