I want my truck lower help! please

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Jayrot
Car: 240z, 620

Hey guys Ive recently purchased a 1979 620 and i want to get this truck to go lower..
Ive installed 2 inch lowering blocks in the rear and lowered the front end with the torsion bolts but its still not as low as i would like..
Yesterday one of my neighbor's landscapers came to tell that he has owned a few 620's and from looking at my truck he can tell that it has a body lift installed.. i want to go lower and i really want to remove this body lift
Soo since this truck is still new to me, my question is has any body ever had a body lift done to their truck and know if it is possible to remove it myself?? ive called a couple of shops but they dont know anything about removing body lifts for this year.. thanks for you time
and this is how it looked before the blocks and loosening the torsion bolts

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

Welcome to NiCO, Jayrot. You've come to the right place for your question to get answered, and you posted in the right forum for it.

Jayrot
Car: 240z, 620

notice how the body sits higher than the frame.. is that normal??
btw i love this truck.. its always been my dream to own one

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

Removing the body lift is all you need to do... unfortunately I have never actually worked with or even heard of how these are done. A quick google search about body lifts should get you some sort of an idea of what you're looking at, though, and then from there its going to be a mystery that you'll have to dig into based off the specifics of the 620.

Return to “Datsun 620”