I’ve joined the 300,000 mi. club

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
98_Q45

I know it doesn’t seem possible considering all the “giving up” I’ve came close to over the past couple years due to the many unexpected repairs and head scratching issues, but thought I’d share good news for a change lol.

Just turned over 300,000 miles, and it’s actually driving much better than it did at 180,000 miles when I brought it. I’ve done a few road trips this year and it’s all been trouble free miles (except the occasional having to do a burn out of traffic lol). It’s only 90,000 miles away from my Maxima, which is at 390,000 and still running, albeit a cylinder misfire issue... which is likely due to a leaking spark plug gasket.

Only issues right now with the Q: have another bearing/wheel hub replacement coming on the same wheel (seems like the previous repair didn’t hold up, and mechanic showed I have a wobbly wheel in the 12 and 6 position...likely due to the worn used hub, and I’m trying to preventively prevent another near wheel fall off disaster).

And this damn airbag light keeps blinking (all the YouTube tricks for 2000s Infiniti’s didn’t work), even though I paid Infiniti to turn it off couple years ago lol. At this point I’m not fixing to spend for another dealer’s disagnostic (did that on the maxima @ $139 at Nissan, and their diagnostic was wrong). So need to just find a good AIRBAG code scanner and eraser. If anyone has suggestions. The phone and OBDII app scanner I have doesn’t have a way to clear airbag light.

Skibane
Car: 2000 Q45 AE 110K

Ma man!

:greg:

98_Q45

Skibane wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:23 pm
Ma man!
I’m trying, I’m trying lol. When I see the costs to get a rental car for a week to go on a road trip, even if I had a $300 repair every month, is a bargain in comparison lol.

I prefer not to be putting all these miles on the vehicle (and it’s not wearing the engine, it’s the potholes and s*** roads that wear the tires and suspension more so). But the days of $15/day rental cars don’t seem to exist lately.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

:dblthumb: Big congrats!

98_Q45

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:16 am
:dblthumb: Big congrats!
The miles add up fast! I used to cringe at the thought of buying something that had 250,000 miles, as it seemed like abuse. But it’s actually the opposite: most vehicles that have made it past 200,000 has (hypothetically) been very well taken care of.

... Now I’m just going to switch back to the trip meter so I can ignore all that 300,000 miles lol. I knew it was coming because that’s when my next OC and “service” was due. Which I have always done myself because it’s so easy.

**I must say, I did not drive the entire 300,000 miles. Prior to me there was likely atleast 2 or 3 previous owners that ran it to somewhere around 182,000 when I got it. However, when I got it in 2017, it definitely drove like it had a million miles on it at the time. If I didn’t buy it, it would have probably eventually ended before 200,000 at the local pick n pull lol.

I almost picked up an i30 last year for $500. But after learning my lesson from the Q, I figured I’d not take on any more “projects”. However, I don’t regret at all getting the Q and it was a necessary move. Couple summers ago out in South Cal/foothills of Mt. San Jacinto in the background. Same car, but the clear coat has been rapidly declining between the humid summers and frigid winters of the Midwest. Paint job is supposed to happen this year, not positive yet if I’ll be ready.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”