I've got the Corvette bug

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

Movingviolation240 wrote:Z06= Hardcore the G can't compaire at all to that kind of HP or track ability.

I don't know if anybody on here read the "Fourgasm" article in Car and Driver a year or so ago. They had about 15 tunner cars, Supercharged S2000 with Penskee shocks and big brakes, a few built Evo's, ect. They put them all on a roadcourse and tested them. Then just for fun they threw a stock Z06 into the mix. The Vette beat all the other cars (which were running DOT legal race rubber) around the track in factory trim by over a second. The new Z06 will have more HP, bigger brakes, and weigh less.... nuff said

Paul
I'm aware that this is an old thread, but I really need to point out just how LITTLE this statement really means. What track are we talking about here? Any track with long straights, the vette is going to dominate ALL the Japanese cars, because the Japanese cars are generally limited to about 150mph, and are geared to be fast under 100mph, NOT geared like Ferraris.

If this was a test at, say, Tsukuba (where everyone's top speed will be, maybe, 120mph), or another very tight, twisty track, I seriously doubt that a stock Z06 is going to lap faster than built Evos with R-comps....I just don't see that happening. As with every other bloody discussion on this board, it all depends on what you're going to use your car for.

I love Corvettes, but as with so many other cars in the same GT category (911, Ferrari, Viper) they start to fall short of the powerhouse AWD's when it comes to *very* twisty courses.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Corvettes can be fun cars, but once all is said and done, they are merely the best factory kit car out there. They are still not as solid as a 928, a car discontinued 20 years ago.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”