I need help with bad gas situation

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
twanny212
Car: 2013 nissan versa
2001 infinity i30

I have a 2013 nissan versa sv, and I got bad gas in it, so I siphoned it out about 6 times I kept putting premium gas in it, like 3 gallons at a time until there was no more water in the tank, then after flushing the tank I put about 3 gallons of premium gas with a bottle of octane booster.. now my question is how do I change the fuel filter or drain the lines from the tank to the engine to get out any other bad fuel??? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Duplicate thread deleted.

Cross-posting (i.e. posting the same message in more than one forum board) is frowned upon. It's confusing and often counterproductive. Please choose the forum topic that is closest to your post, and place it there only. If you should create a post in one forum, and later realize it would be more appropriate in another forum, please delete the original before posting it again.

Thank you.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

When you're swapping out your fuel filter, you'll be able to drain more of the bad gas out of the lines going into and out of the fuel filter. Let the ends hang low and drip out. That should help. Getting it close is the best you can do. When you think you're pretty good, run the car. It'll maybe have a few rough starts and rough idles, but it should clear up. Hold the gas for a while to keep RPMs up (like 1500 RPM) and do that for a few minutes. Then take a test drive. If it feels good during the test drive, then do a bit of highway and full throttle to clean and burn off any residuals.

How'd you get water in there?

Welcome to NICO Club!

Return to “Versa General Chat”