I'm one of you now.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
SkiHound

Just signed the purchase agreement on a blue AWD SL w premium package and sunroof package. We'd been wanting an all wheel drive that didn't get you into a V6 that drinks premium fuel. So I'd shopped the Rav4, the CR-V, and the Forester. The Rav-4 was very attractive with lots of space but it just didn't have that "fun to drive" feel. I felt too much like a soccer mom in the CR-V. The Forester was more fun to drive and probably has the best AWD system. But it seemed to have quite a bit of road and wind noise and will be completely revised with the upcoming 09. The Rogue had most of the bells and whistles I wanted and gave at least some of the "fun to drive" feeling. Found a dealer that seemed to be a straight shooter who didn't play the BS car dealer games. We quickly got to what I thought was a fair price on the Rogue and what I thought was a fair price on my trade. I perhaps could have ground out a little better deal but we were close to my target numbers walking in. Even the finance folks didn't try to play games. So I feel good about the dealership.

jaywhiz21
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Gotham Gray SL AWD

Congratulations on your purchase. When do you pick up your new ride? Wishing many happy miles -- you'll LOVE it.

-Jimmy

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

I like the blue ones! Congrats!

You'll have to post some pictures when you get the chance.

Welcome to the family!

SkiHound

This afternoon, I THINK. Long story. The car is ready but I'm trying to get things done between meetings and Thanksgiving and I'm tight on time. Perusing this forum helped convince me to go with the Nissan. I think it's a very valuable resource. Thanks for the warm welcome and have a great Thanksgiving!

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

We're all waiting for our Nissan commission checks

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Congrats and welcome I hope you can seal the deal and have your Rogue for the holidays. They are a blast to drive and having a good feeling about the dealer always helped me feel better about a purchase in the long term.

exeunit "We're all waiting for our Nissan commission checks"

That's a good one! Tic

SkiHound

exeunt wrote:We're all waiting for our Nissan commission checks
You'll have to take that up with Nissan. Was able to pick it up and get the paper work done. Even the finance folks at the dealership were easy to work with getting the paper work done. I've always thought the car buying process was a pain. I actually walked out of one dealership. They kept calling and I finally just said I had no intention of ever doing business with them. But I was VERY satisfied with the the dealership where I made the purchase. FWIW, I purchased at Balise Nissan in Warwick, RI. Drove the car enough last night to start to get comfortable with it. Very small sample but so far I'm very impressed with the way it rides and handles. Audio is pretty important to me and the Bose system is probably the best stock system I've heard in a car -- mid-base is a bit boomy but overall very impressive (I haven't tried to adjust the tonal balance at all yet so I might be able to take a bit of that out).

SkiHound

We've put almost 1,000 miles on the Rogue already. My wife and I and two dogs took it on a ski trip last weekend. I really like the way it drives and rides. I had a bit of a "yard sale" on Sunday and bruised my hip pretty nicely, yet the ride home was very comfortable. My wife likes the ride as well. Performance won't make you forget you're driving a 4 cyl. but it certainly doesn't feel like a slug. I'm also very impressed with the Bose sound system. I still think the mid-base is a bit boomy but that's typical of car systems -- it's about as good as it gets in a stock sound system, especially in a car in this price range. I was concerned about the rear window and visibility issues. I was concerned enough it really made me think twice about the car. But with the side view mirrors adjusted properly and a little time behind the wheel I'm not finding it a problem. My gripes so far are pretty small. I really wish there was a small drawer somewhere to the left of the steering column in which to put toll tokens and change -- I know there's storage in the center but I had it in my last car and find it much more convenient. I also think the fuel gauge/odometer/trip computer is too small and it's use is not transparent. The glove box is almost too big, you could loose a small dog in there, and it tends to hit passengers in the shin if they open it too quickly. If long-term reliability is good I think I'm going to be real happy with the Rogue.

YGBSM F-4G
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I too find that trip computer poorly placed and awkward to use.

TwistyO

Congrats! I'm picking mine up today. I completely agree with your assessment of the RAV4. Being 6'5" I didn't fit in the RAV at all. My wife said it reminded her of driving her friends Geo Tracker.

Return to “Rogue Forum”