I'm looking to start a racing/cruising playlist.

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
petebra11
Car: 1991 300zx NA

The playlist can include anything, from techno to metal, from rap to rock. Anything is welcome, and hopefully we can build this to be a pretty impressive list.

I'll update the list when more ideas come in.Here are my songs so far, in the format: Song- Artist. If you are interested in any of these, and can't find them, I can email them to you if you provide an address.

The Tempest- PendulumBleeps 'N' Things (Club Mix)- Hit HouseFaith is Blind- Black Label SocietyInfinit (Klass vocal edit)- Guru Josh ProjectThe Formula of Fear- HybridBlame It On The Bassline (Club Mix)- Moreno vs. VinyltronicShunt- RecoilNew Religion- Black Label SocietyBlack Mass Reverends- Black Label SocietyMeaning in Tragedy- As I lay DyingOne Night in Bangkok Club Mix- Global DeejaysEscape- DJ IceyExploration of Space- Cosmic GateTales From the Burg- EmmureDescending- Lamb of GodLive Your Life- Rihanna (Don't Judge me :P)Broken Sunday- SalivaAnimal I Have Become- Three Days GraceIt's Not Enough- UnjustIn Search of a Ghost- Unjust

I recommend looking up a few that you haven't heard of, particularly "Unjust" and "Pendulum". They both have myspaces (http://www.myspace.com/unjust http://www.myspace.com/pendulum), and are really great bands for driving. Anyways, if you have any ideas, please let me know, I'll add them in the edit.

Thanks.

Edit:Born to be Wild- SteppenwolfLove is a Long Road- Tom PettyGot the Life- KornBonzo's Montreaux- Led Zeppelin

Modified by petebra11 at 5:57 PM 7/30/2009
Modified by petebra11 at 8:45 AM 8/3/2009

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Steppenwolf - born to be wild

Classic?

petebra11

How could I forget. Added in the Edit

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

For racing, I don't want to hear anything except wind, tires, engine...and hopefully no boom.

For cruisin, flavors of the month mixed in with classics work awesome for me. George Thurogood (sp), Ted Nugent, Dire Straits, ect.. mixed in with some La Roux, Kid Kudi, Eric Prydz, ect...

petebra11

Looneybomber wrote:For racing, I don't want to hear anything except wind, tires, engine...and hopefully no boom.
I'll agree with ya there, but for me, I need that fast paced music (for racing) just to get that extra "Umph" in my shifts. I don't know what about it, but it just motivates me to press the pedal to the floor, and shift through gears like mad.

But I like you taste in cruisin music.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

A couple of my favorite driving/cruising songs are Tom Petty's Love is a Long Road and Korn's Got the Life.Led Zeppelin's "Bonzo's Montreaux" is a great one, too.

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

petebra11 wrote:I'll agree with ya there, but for me, I need that fast paced music (for racing) just to get that extra "Umph" in my shifts. I don't know what about it, but it just motivates me to press the pedal to the floor, and shift through gears like mad.
For autoX'n, I've contemplated playing some classical music to help calm me down. I get worked up/anxious and consequently drive bad. Calm is slow, slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

petebra11

I agree, but I don't exactly get nervewracked, for lack of a better word. Fast paced music helps me with timing. It's hard to explain for me, but it's different for every person, I guess

petebra11

MinisterofDOOM wrote:A couple of my favorite driving/cruising songs are Tom Petty's Love is a Long Road and Korn's Got the Life.Led Zeppelin's "Bonzo's Montreaux" is a great one, too.
Added in the edit, thanks

Return to “The Music Room”