I just voted for our next POTUS, Hillary Clinton.

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

themadscientist wrote:That means 30% would rather have nothing. You are proud of that? No wonder you actively support a criminal, you have no standards.
What criminal are you referring to?
Who?
What?
When?
Where?
Why?

Telcoman

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Not you. Funnily enough, for all your failings you seem to be very law abiding. I would be more comfortable with you on the Democratic ticket. Strange days.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

The Hillary Recession
By Lawrence Kudlow
July 30, 2016

This economy may be perilously close to recession. That was the message of the second-quarter real GDP report and its meager 1.2 percent growth rate.

Over the past year, real GDP has slipped to a paltry 1.2 percent. Business investment continues to fall. Building and factory construction has dropped sharply. Productivity is flat. The profits recession is still in force.

And what's the Hillary Clinton plan? Tax us into prosperity.

In her own words at the DNC on Thursday night, this is the fix: "Wall Street, corporations, and the super-rich are going to start paying their fair share of taxes." Why? "Not because we resent success. [!] Because when more than 90 percent of gains have gone to the top 1 percent, that's where the money is."

Let me get this right. In order to spur growth, Hillary intends to raise taxes on individuals, businesses, capital gains, stock trading and firms that move overseas (which they do because the U.S. has the most uncompetitive tax system in the corporate world). In addition, Hillary's door is open for a carbon tax, higher payroll taxes, and a gun tax of 25 percent.

She also argued in Philadelphia that the economy is not working the way it should because our democracy isn't working the way it should.

Huh?

What she's getting at is appointing Supreme Court justices who "will get money out of politics" and passing "a Constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United."

Citizens United removed spending limits for super-PACs. And yet those mean and nasty super-PACs have thus far benefited from pro-Hillary hedge-fund contributions to the tune of $48.5 million, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Donald Trump, on the other hand, has received only $19,000 from hedge funds.

Get it? Citizens United, according to Hillary, is the source of our weak recovery and must be overturned. Meanwhile, she is the big beneficiary of the Supreme Court decision to allow unlimited political donations.

Next there are the recurring themes of class warfare and inequality, roots of evil according to Hillary. Turns out that the top 1 percent received a big share of income growth during the recovery. Okay, but it also suffered the biggest loss during the Great Recession.

Research from Scott Winship of the Manhattan Institute shows that during the recession, the top 1 percent lost 36 percent of its income while the bottom 90 percent lost 12 percent. And through 2014, the top 1 percent was still poorer by 18 percent than it was in 2000. That's compared to a 9 percent decline for the rest of us.

According to Winship, income for the top 1-percenters was basically no higher in 2014 than in 2000. Turns out that group bumped into the same income stagnation suffered by the U.S. middle class since 2000.

And according to new studies by Aparna Mathur of AEI, raising top marginal tax rates reduces growth incentives and yields very few revenues. Yet in addition to higher tax rates, Hillary wants $1 trillion in new spending programs.

The numbers also don't add up for Obama, who defended his so-called recovery at the DNC and even called Hillary, a 30-year member of the establishment, a change-maker.

Obama's seven-year recovery averaged 2.1 percent real growth at an annualized rate. For historical comparison, after seven years, JFK's economy increased by 5.4 percent yearly and Reagan's by 4.5 percent.

Did JFK and Reagan beget long booms by raising taxes? No. They cut tax rates across the board.

Hillary is a combination of Barack Obama 3.0 and Bernie Sanders 2.0. This is not change. This will not yield strong growth, lift jobs and wages, and make America more globally competitive.

A week prior to the DNC, Donald Trump offered a different perspective at the RNC: "America is one of the highest-taxed nations in the world. Reducing taxes will cause new companies and new jobs to come roaring back into our country. Then we are going to deal with the issue of regulation, one of the greatest job-killers overall ... We are going to lift restrictions on the production of American energy ... With these new economic policies, trillions of dollars will start flowing into our country."

So Trump wants to reduce tax rates and regulations, unleash energy, and make America the most hospitable investment destination in the world. Hillary wants to raise taxes, regulations, and spending, and put the energy sector out of business. (She would abolish coal and oil-and-gas fracking.)

No wonder the blue-collar, hard-hat, Democratic middle class is going for Trump.

Hillary is not an agent of change. Nor does she have any idea how to restore rapid economic growth. Instead, she is a prisoner of the Left. Tax the rich, inequality, redistribution.

If Trump stays on his growth message, he'll whup her in November.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Rogue One wrote:If Trump stays on his growth message, he'll whup her in November.
No he won't!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnbfcL

Republicans with a brain are running away from him

He is currently too busy attacking the parents of a war hero

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/29/us/el ... .html?_r=0

Telcoman

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

Parents with an agenda.

Funny how the media give the Khans and the DNC a hero's welcome yet when the RNC paraded the family of Benghazi victims for much the same purpose, they were condemned for it. Don't believe everything the media plants in your ear. It's the stuff they're NOT reporting that should be of more concern. Also odd that the only reliable news source as of late has been Wikileaks. The MSM has done nothing but try to cover those tracks.

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

Although it's not over yet, I just wanted to rub the smug all up in your face.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

It's nice to see Hillary is consistent. Come out with your head held high and thank all your hardworking supporters and break the news that enough people hated you that an angry orange man is now president? Nope. Send an errand boy to regurgitate some BS and then run away. Trump is all those things they say he is, but at least he shows up. Hillary would have been there for the rest of us as much as she was there for her faithful, not at all. No more fitting send off to that shrew than an empty stage. Now, finally go away. :wavey:

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

telcoman wrote:
Rogue One wrote:If Trump stays on his growth message, he'll whup her in November.
No he won't!

Telcoman

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Came here to see if I had finally seen Nostradamus visit the boards. Left disappointed.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Me too.

I voted for GJ, but I wanted to come in and kick Howie in the a$$ for good measure. :)

He's probably boo-hooing over a bowl of Malt-o-Meal and fondling himself to a picture of Barack on a bicycle.

:)

telcoman

AZhitman wrote:Me too.

I voted for GJ, but I wanted to come in and kick Howie in the a$$ for good measure. :)

He's probably boo-hooing over a bowl of Malt-o-Meal and fondling himself to a picture of Barack on a bicycle.

Well we both have something in common.

We both voted for presidential losers

You must be happy Greg
I'm not happy :mad:
But I accept the results
My first time working at the polls for over sixteen hours and will do it again as it was an interesting experience. Over one thousand people voted at the machine I was in charge of and enjoyed explaining to many voting for the first time on how to use the machine. The lines were long all day and it took another hour after the polls closed for the last in the long line to vote.
It is much too early to predict what kind of president Trump will be but it is certainly possible he will end up being a worse president than Bush
The republicans will be fully in charge so whatever happens and goes wrong over the next four years will be on them
Where will the national debt be in four years?
Will the results of this election energize our young voters the way the Viet Nam war energized my generation and force changes in government policy?
What kind of healthcare changes will Trump propose?
A possible conviction in the phony Trump University court case could have interesting political results
Christie is not off the hook in his Bridgegate scandal.

Trump is on record of a long list of campaign promises with a very long list of promises of what he is going to do on his first day in office.

Here Is What Donald Trump Wants To Do In His First 100 Days

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368 ... ent=202709

The President-elect faces court date in fraud case

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... _fb_maddow

Now we will see is he a doer or just a big bulls#it artist in order to get himself elected and scam the millions who voted for him?

It is going to be an interesting next four years.

Telcoman

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

I think the best the left can hope for right now is that the current vacancy on the Supreme Court is the only selection Trump gets to make over the next four years. The SC should be filled with nine moderates; neither side is correct 100% of the time and the makeup of the Court should reflect that. We need justices that would rule either way on a case-by-case basis and not rule strictly along strict political ideological lines. Right now there are only one or two that appear capable of doing that.

My other fear going into this election was that the polarization continues after January 20th and a single party would have control of all three branches of the government, effectively having the ability to do whatever they want. That fear has come to fruition.

The fact of the matter is that neither party received a majority of the U.S. vote. The Democrats received more of the electorate's votes, possibly 2 million more when all is said and done, than the Republicans but neither received a majority. I only hope the Republicans realize that and govern responsibly for ALL American citizens, not just pander to their own chosen minority and/or special interest groups.

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

It still is and always has been up to the parties to communicate, compromise, and come together to make things happen. Since the 60s, it has been becoming worse and worse. Up to that point they actually worked fairly well together.

Remember, when you speak ill of Republicans, you speak ill of half of America. Likewise, when someone speaks ill of a Democrat, that's the other half of America.

Be open to the other side's views and feelings. Unfortunately, this happens very little anymore among the average American, I suspect.

With that said, some of Trump's points are undeniably for the better of this country. Deporting illegal immigrants I support. They have every opportunity to go through the proper, legal channels. Tough beans if families are broken up - you broke the law. Make your own country better if you had to illegally flee to this country.

As far as all of the "hateful, biggot, sexist" stuff....
Made up by the media and made worse by people that can't control emotions. His statements about women were said in private and is usual locker room talk. Don't deny that almost every man does, and most women.

While Trump isn't my ideal choice for a world leader, I look forward to his presidency and I truly hope that the Democrats in power, the media, and the average Joe come together to accomplish things in an unprecedented way - just remember you can't make everyone happy so the best decisions for the country's people must be made which half the country may not agree with.

As far as pro-choice goes....I don't have a dog in that fight. I follow no religion and have no womb. We'll see which way that goes over the next 4 years.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

RicerX wrote:Came here to see if I had finally seen Nostradamus visit the boards. Left disappointed.
Apparently he's still alive as he was last active: Fri Nov 11, 2016 @ 5:21 am. I'm guessing he's been holding a vigil hoping that The electoral college could still stop Trump. It's a fantasy to be sure, but there's several petitions that were started just after Hillary's defeat was announced, demanding that members of the electoral college usurp the will of the people.

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

They can argue the will of the people is for Hillary to be President because she received more popular votes. Those, however, aren't the rules this game was played by. The rules should not be bypassed now; if they want to change the victor based on popular votes that is an argument to be had and a possible change to make in the future. Like it or not, Donald Trump should be voted into office by the Electoral College.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

No time to get into it right now, but Rachel Maddow is about as reliable as a mesh condom.

Howie, thanks for working the polls. I pick on you, and probably always will, but like you said, it's time to watch and wait - not behave irrationally. I have my reservations about DT, but I am optimistic that he will do just fine. Remember, we have had inexperienced POTUS-Elects before (not so very long ago).

I have absolutely no tolerance or patience for the misbehavior of the butthurt segment of the population who are behaving like animals. I'd love to round them all up and find out which ones actually voted - the ones that did not, become fish food. Problem solved, lesson learned.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

8 years ago, when Obama was first elected, you might recall there were a lotta right leaning folks complaining that Obama was not THEIR president, (many of them still feel that way) and as social media grew in popularity, the hate got more visible. Fast forward to present, with Trump winning the election, the roles seemed to have just reversed. The left leaning folks are now complaining that Trump is not THEIR president. Sound familiar? I find it hypocritical that BOTH the conservatives and liberals are expressing outrage when it's obvious they both are behaving the same way. It seems to have worsened in one respect that nowadays. I'm finding If you disagree with anything a partisan person believes nowadays, you're immediately "branded" the opposite side from them with a "tard" added to the end, and you're personally ruining the country :facepalm: . So to liberals: stop the whining, he won. And to conservatives: stop pretending to be offended by the lib's complaining. you did the same thing. I hope I'm not the only that sees the hypocrisy. I'm sure I'll get flamed for it for anyway, but hopefully some of you partisan folks (either side) will at least think about it.

As far as President Trump, I agree, let's wait and see what happens. Hopefully he'll make more good decisions than bad ones.

telcoman

AZhitman wrote:No time to get into it right now, but Rachel Maddow is about as reliable as a mesh condom.

Howie, thanks for working the polls. I pick on you, and probably always will, but like you said, it's time to watch and wait - not behave irrationally. I have my reservations about DT, but I am optimistic that he will do just fine. Remember, we have had inexperienced POTUS-Elects before (not so very long ago).

I have absolutely no tolerance or patience for the misbehavior of the butthurt segment of the population who are behaving like animals. I'd love to round them all up and find out which ones actually voted - the ones that did not, become fish food. Problem solved, lesson learned.
I not only watch Rachel but I also watch some of Hannity and O'Reilly on Fox. Rachel does have some good shows and she was one of the first to report on the Flint water crisis. For those that enjoy politics listening to both sides makes one smarter. Even as a kid I had a short wave radio and still remember listening to Radio Moscow during the Cuban Missile crisis. I was scared s#it.
While in the US Army in Germany the news on the Viet Nam War one read in the Army's Stars and Stripes newspaper was vastly different from the news reporting in the International Herald Tribune and The New York Times.

Trump will be my president when he takes office in January. I expect I will have more to say about him over the next four years
How Trump will perform is any ones guess but he is already backing off on his promise to repeal Obamacare on day one.
His "draining the swamp" in Washington may prove to be another myth?
Having working the polls was a very interesting experience. At 9PM on Tuesday night while closing down my voting machine my New York Times App was still predicting a Hillary win.
Had the election gone the other way I'm sure the Trump supporters would also be in the street demonstrating.
A president's party having control of both the house and senate is a relatively rare occurrence in our recent political history.
Whatever happens after January 20th 2017 will become Trump's fault as well as the Republican Party.
Stay tuned.

Telcoman

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

I simply cannot stand watching Hannity, OReilly or Rachel Maddog ... they are all way too one-sided (left and right) in their discussions for me. Rational, balanced thinking is far more important than the overblown one-sided screeching - often based on deliberate(?) misinterpretation that they like to indulge in.

Yeah, I didn't vote for Trump ... and the thought of his being POTUS makes me shake my head in disgust. However, he is the President-Elect of the USA.

Beating up Trump supporters - as has occurred - is a violation of our democratic principles and the fundamental rights of those people. Same with the harassment that has happened to Hispanics, gays and Muslims ... this is wrong.

Regardless, rioting in the streets that Trump is "not my President" is plain wrong and also a violation of our democratic principles - he was elected legally by the current electoral rules we operate under (even if we don't like them).

Of course, this does not negate my rights as a Citizen to support actions he takes that makes sense to me (in my centrist opinion, of course!) and oppose any that don't (again, in my opinion, of course).

But that support or protest must always be with respect, without rioting, and without violating the laws.

FWIW, as I have mentioned before, I lean "strongly left" on social issues, "strongly right" on financial issues, "defend-without-agression" on national defence issues, and "way right" on nationa science issues. So, you can easily predict whuch way I come down on any particular topic. :yesnod

Let's see how it all goes in the next four years ...

Z

szh

telcoman wrote:Whatever happens after January 20th 2017 will become Trump's fault as well as the Republican Party.
Stay tuned.

Telcoman
But ... but ... during Obama's entire term in office (including the first term, in particular) lots of things were "Bush's fault", according to Democrats, no?

And, Democrats still fault Bush today for a lot of things.

But Trump does not get to blame Obama for anything? Literally right after the Inauguration? :confused: :chuckle:

Z

telcoman

Telcoman

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

szh wrote:But Trump does not get to blame Obama for anything? Literally right after the Inauguration? :confused: :chuckle:

Z
The answer to that has always depended on which side of the aisle you support ;)

telcoman

szh wrote:
telcoman wrote:Whatever happens after January 20th 2017 will become Trump's fault as well as the Republican Party.
Stay tuned.

Telcoman
But ... but ... during Obama's entire term in office (including the first term, in particular) lots of things were "Bush's fault", according to Democrats, no?

And, Democrats still fault Bush today for a lot of things.

But Trump does not get to blame Obama for anything? Literally right after the Inauguration? :confused: :chuckle:

Z
There is a huge difference in the favorability ratings between when Bush left office and Obama's favorability rating now

Bush brought our economy to a crash. Obama despite republican opposition has brought it back. His ratings overall are the highest they have ever been.

The world was scared s#itless driving the futures market down 900 points shortly after Trump was announced the winner. Thankfully the markets recovered but all it is going to take is a Trump mistake to crash our economy.

Telcoman

szh

Bubba1 wrote:
szh wrote:But Trump does not get to blame Obama for anything? Literally right after the Inauguration? :confused: :chuckle:

Z
The answer to that has always depended on which side of the aisle you support ;)
Apparently! :chuckle:

Z

szh

telcoman wrote:There is a huge difference in the favorability ratings between when Bush left office and Obama's favorability rating now
So what? Even if true, it does not change my point at all ...

Blaming Bush for everything was a favorite pastime for Democrats. So, blaming Obama will be equally fair game - please don't imply that Trump should not be allowed to do that!

Z

AZhitman
Administrator

I'm not sure how Howie made it to his advanced age being so melodramatic.

The only thing keeping me from believing he's actually a woman is the fact that he hasn't credited DT's campaign manager for pulling off a historic event.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

flartius wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:31 am
...I meant on the forum. I'm sure there are millions who haven't slept since he was elected because they no longer believe in the democratic process now that their beloved Hillary lost the election.

At this point, I think, you're only posting copy paste info because you want to seem relevant?

You have no interest in having a conversation about any of it, you copy paste info, when someone calls you out on it you ignore it and move to the next CNN article you've just read, or sometimes just read the title I think, and copy paste again. Rinse and repeat. Personally I don't care if he is impeached, Hillary didn't get the seat so I'm still smiling every day.
At the risk of catching flack for doing a copy & paste...
The Democrats want a refund from Hillary Clinton — and they want her to go away, too.

Apparently, Clinton is still cashing in off her failed 2016 campaign.

Instead of just donating her campaign email list to the Democratic National Committee, her organization Onward Together is charging the DNC $1.6 Million for access to it. Even Barack Obama gave his email list to the DNC as an in-kind contribution back in 2015, and his list was valued at $1.9 million!

Does Clinton not realize the DNC is “dead broke,” like $6 million in the red? The DNC recently took out another $2 million dollar loan just to to keep its operation running as usual.

Keeping the DNC in debt says a lot about the Clinton organization. The Democrats are desperate for funds for the 2018 midterm elections, yet the Clintons won’t step in and help their own party.

It’s the least they could do, considering the DNC rigged the primary for Hillary.

AZhitman
Administrator

So, I suppose the DNC's beloved Donna Brazile is a liar?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... 016-215774

Hmmm. Interesting conundrum the shady Dems find themselves in. Waning support among millenials, no feasible platform for any of the country's ills, and a complete dearth of reliable leadership.

Meanwhile, The Orange Mouth finds himself presiding over a historic NK/SK peace negotiation, potential denuclearization of a madman's regime, release of US detainees from NK prisons, a solid economy, praise from working-class voters who are sick of entitlements and pandering, nomination of the first black female brigadier general, and no opposition on the horizon... but I suppose none of those things are "good," right?

....meanwhile, the Left keeps screaming at the sky with lunatic whining about racism, misogyny, and 'stupid tweets' while they can't decide which bathroom to use.

I don't like him, but the DNC is imploding. It's hilarious.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

A Formal Request For Hillary Clinton to Go Sit Her a** Down Somewhere

Two-time loser—I really don’t know what else to call her here—Hillary Clinton is doing the thing were she’s acting like an encore wasn’t already written into her setlist and the crowd’s cheers are really what’s bringing the band back on the stage, because Hillary is actually toying with the idea of running again in 2020.

What Hillary doesn’t understand — and maybe that’s because of her insulated life, or maybe whiteness—is that the people don’t like her either. Clinton was the other half of one of the most undesirable presidential elections in the history of America.

In the same interview where Hillary declared that she’d like to be president she also made a “all black people look alike” joke. Hillary doesn’t understand how remotely horrible Hillary is and that’s sounds a lot like the guy we already have in office.

The Clintons have always been the white couple allowed to sit at the black table and then don’t understand when they make a blacks-playing-basketball joke, why the whole table looked at them like they just farted.

Unless she reads this, Hillary will never know my opinion. But hopefully one of you can talk some sense to her over a glass of a nice Shiraz while she is taking her anti-fainting meds. Please, white people, I beg of you: Come get your girl.

RCA

It's HER turn...

To walk away from the game.

I couldn't agree more. Hilary, Oprah, Kid Rock, the Rock etc.

We don't need any more of that nonsense. :nono:

Hey Rogue, we agree on something! :dblthumb:

Return to “Politics Etc.”