I hope my gas mileage improves

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
zengshengliu
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Pescakl1 wrote:
Philip, I have a scangauge, but i am not sure you can clear the self learning fuel mixture values with it.

You can clear faults when they appear, like a Check Engine Soon warning light, but these values are not values indicating any problem in the car, so I am not sure you can even access them with this tool.

Zengshengliu, if you already bought it, don't worry, it is a good investment: It helps a lot improving your way of driving more fuel efficiently.

For the resetting, why don't you go to the dealer like I said? They have all the tools and knowledge to do it for you, and since it is a 5 minutes job for them, it won't cost much (maybe they can do it while you are there for something else, like a oil change).
I just went to the dealer and they said they will not mess with it, so what am I suppose to do now? Will the scangauge II do the job? or I have to disconnect the battery?

Leo2005

Never checked mpg on my rogue before so after reading this post decided to check. Just pumped 15.75 gallons full tank and I got 306 miles on my odometer. Well...it is a little bit lower that I was expecting and I pressed the pedal slowly all time. But I shouldn't forget a few reasons. Since it is a cold time I was warming up the car every morning until I see a 1st square on thermometer in Rogue. Maybe I'm warming too much but in this I'm sure I have no rattle in trany and the car is going smoother. Also the gas station that I'm pumping from states that they include minimum of 10% ethanol in gas which is decreasing mpg too. So during the summer I can start using clean gas from Mobil and see new mpg. That's funny but this is the first time I checked mpg because doesn't really make a difference to me. I still have to fill the tank with gas and I already bought the car. Too late now to say anything but I bought the car because of the look and price that matched pretty nicely.

Return to “Rogue Forum”