I found the Trunk Button!!!

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
R350Zz33
Car: 2008 350z enthusiast

yea some guy on 350zmotoring must have saw it and stole it i am the original i was reading an article and i saw it and loved it,

R350Zz33

new old pix zer...d-day

redsx13
Car: 93 240sx 03 350z

R350Zz33 wrote:i work i have been saving my money my whole life. i know kids like me are hard to come by.
15 grand? at 17. i wana work where you work

Anyway, we are getting wayyyyyy off topic.

I dont entirely blame him for the fact that he wasn't able to find hs external trunk release. It's a bit tricky to find. In fact, most of the time i cant even ask my friends to pop the trunk, because by the time they find it, i could have alredy opened it and gotten back to what i was doing.
Modified by redsx13 at 11:58 PM 9/14/2008

R350Zz33

15 grand no i saved 21 and i made another 3 since august my mom loaned me the money like that because where i work i have no set hours. i work at a catering place during the summer will be like 60-70 hour weeks @ $10 an hour so i make made guap during the summer. but winter i will only due bout 500 a month and fall and spring 800-1,000 a month. if i had to make payments. winters would be difficult. every time i get 1,500 i give my mom 1,000 and another 200 a month gets taken out of my main bank account and goes into a ing savings for emergency cash and what not. that money never gets touched.

redsx13

that is impressive, but like i said, this thred is very off topic.

somehow its gone from a trunk release, to paying for your own 350z, to Nick Hogan, and then back to paying for your own 350z.

bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

redsx13 wrote:that is impressive, but like i said, this thred is very off topic.

somehow its gone from a trunk release, to paying for your own 350z, to Nick Hogan, and then back to paying for your own 350z.
once you have been here for a while you will notice that it's a familiar script. Did I forget to tell you that he is only 17 with a brand new Z?

the OP has found the special spot on the back

R350Zz33

wanna talk about my fly friend jeffy ? lol

aris_unlimited
Car: 1998 Ford F150 4.6L 5 speed. Edge programmer, 2" lift, 35" tires.

Wow a little joke goes a long way with this kid huh? And as for mommy and daddy not helping you buy it....do you pay rent, food bills, utilities, etc. They totally saved your behind. I respect the fact that you were able to save up all this money and had the oppurtunity to buy a new Z for yourself that is awesome at that age. But when I was 17, I was paying rent, bills, car insurance, etc. And I had a car with no car payment because that was what was required at the time.

R350Zz33

dude im almost never home and i also work for my parents i never eat at home ever and if i drink somthin its water tap water and good for you being out on your own. my parents rules are as long as i stay in school and do the right thing i can live at home. and my plan is to live at home for 2 years after high school while i attend community college then i will transfer to florida for a few more years. and a lil joke i am tired of people saying mommy and daddy got it for me i hear it every day at school. but i know i worked hard for it and i feel better knowing that she is all mine at the end of the day unlike the other kid with the sti that daddy and grandma got for him and every day he wants me to race him but i don't cause i value my car cause i worked for it it wasent just handed to me.

redsx13

aris_unlimited wrote:Wow a little joke goes a long way with this kid huh? And as for mommy and daddy not helping you buy it....do you pay rent, food bills, utilities, etc. They totally saved your behind. I respect the fact that you were able to save up all this money and had the oppurtunity to buy a new Z for yourself that is awesome at that age. But when I was 17, I was paying rent, bills, car insurance, etc. And I had a car with no car payment because that was what was required at the time.
dats whyee i got me a use-ed z car

redsx13

[QUOTE=R350Zz33] and a lil joke i am tired of people saying mommy and daddy got it for me i hear it every day at school. QUOTE]

dont you hate that! i got that **** all the time in high school. It makes you feel like crap.

aris_unlimited
Car: 1998 Ford F150 4.6L 5 speed. Edge programmer, 2" lift, 35" tires.

R350Zz33 wrote: and a lil joke i am tired of people saying mommy and daddy got it for me i hear it every day at school.
Um, I never said you didn't get it yourself. I just said you couldn't spell lol. You're the one that started in with the buying your own car stuff.

R350Zz33

yea it does i got in a heated argument over it and after the kid was like i respect that meanwhile the ***** teacher was trying to but in and at the same time we were like this is our conversation so stay out of it. it was also in between periods.

cuffuup28
Car: 2007 Nissan 350Z

How did this go from "finding the trunk button" to "I can't spell" and "Mommy and Daddy bought your car." ???? I guess the Moderator is like a cop... never around when you need one.

masshole
Car: 2005 nissan 350x

aris_unlimited wrote:Well after much complaining about not having an external trunk release....doing many searches online that only reflected the lack of an external trunk release....I have found it!!!

If you unlock your doors then walk to the back of the car and feel around at the top of the license plate area there is a little rubber button, push it and the trunk pops!!!

So just thought I'd let anyone else know that had the same issue I did lol.

Hey! Thanks for posting this thread!
My son JUST locked his keys in the trunk and doors are locked so he I think was hoping I would drive 60 miles to give him his spare key and remote!!
He insisted the only way in the trunk was with the remote and I just kept saying "thats crazy, there has to be another way in" So I googled. :)
Now he just has to find his father with the valet key!!

masshole
Car: 2005 nissan 350x

LOL
To keep with the on/off topic i'll add that his totaled car insurance check was his down payment and his 50,000 scratch ticket winnings paid it off!! :woot: :woot:

farmerg
Car: 1993 Nissan Z32

Just bought my "bucket list" 1993 300zx convertible and have spent the last week trying to figure out how everything works.
I have yet to find this mysterious Lever somewhere by the driver's seat that magically opens the trunk, and spent the better part of today looking in vain for the little rubber button above the liscense plate. I stand guilty of not having an owners manual and all work will come to a halt until I have one memorized.
Anyone on here know where to get an original?

Thanks guys
looking forward to this project and your input
Best
Gary

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

farmerg wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:40 pm
Just bought my "bucket list" 1993 300zx convertible and have spent the last week trying to figure out how everything works.
I have yet to find this mysterious Lever somewhere by the driver's seat that magically opens the trunk, and spent the better part of today looking in vain for the little rubber button above the liscense plate. I stand guilty of not having an owners manual and all work will come to a halt until I have one memorized.
Anyone on here know where to get an original?

Thanks guys
looking forward to this project and your input
Best
Gary
:welcome:

PM sent with link to copy of the owners manual.

Here at NICO, we have Factory Service Manuals available free to members. Here's the link for yours: 1993 Nissan 300ZX FSM

2003PATHFINDER2022
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5
2006 Nissan 350Z

That button was a bad idea! So u need to open both windows to get it to operate, USELESS feature to those that lock the key in the car!! (I never drive anything without having a spare key hidden under car, or motor cycle) So if you are parked at the beach for instance with both windows down any jack stick that happens to know about the 'secret hidden button' can steal your belongings. That one tickles me about as much as putting the dome light on a timer and while staying in the driver seat you can not later on turn on the dome light with out re inserting the ignition key to reboot the light to operate, WTF! As far as the interior hatch release button goes it is not located where my manual says it is, there is no button any where on my Z one day while cleaning I spotted a 1"x1" plastic tab attached to a short length of fine steal cable just inches to the driver side center of the strut tower bridge, pull down hard 1 inch and the hatch release will pop the lock open. Easy to reach from sitting in driver seat. The manual once written was used for all year models but sometime small design issues such as this may have changed. And for those that find the hatch release springs getting to weak to pop the hatch with out also pulling up on the hatch to assist the weak springs some will tell you to open up the spring unit and push a short stack of coins inside and try to reglue the rubber boot. NOT. Open your car door, note the two cute little color matching plastic caps that are snapped over the bolt heads serving no real purpose at all, remove said caps, use silicone or epoxy and glue the plastic caps directly under the tired springs. I found that the additional 3/8" of height was all that was needed to get the springs to become like new fresh springs and the buttons look factory installed. No not attempt to pull off the large vinyl cover to remove the 10 lb. weight just because your hatch shocks are weak, very bad advice. to easy to break off the attaching plugs and now your screwed. Plus the weight is not installed for pulling down the hatch, weaker shocks would have been designed in, the weight was intended to put some extra weight behind the rear axle where it was needed to assist with traction and weight balance, hope this helps.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”