I bought the factory navigation system, can I install it it my 04 Maxima

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

You need to have the pics already uploaded somewhere, then you can insert them with the image tags.

zerothread/254009

alecsithong
Car: 05 Nissan Maxima

pics are on my C drive. Again hitting the Insert Image button does nothing. see this ------ [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG] that's all it does.

Kikunga
Car: Nissan Maxima

Okay, it's starting to make some sense now I see some visual so I wanna make sure I got all the right information down before I go out and strip my car down once again! I'm still a little confused about a couple of things regarding the Nesa screen at the top! I get the double sided tape and all but is the screen sitting flush in between the brackets or is it just sitting on top? Because whenever I had the screen just sitting on top of the brackets, it was very diffcult for the top covering of the AC vents to go back into place, the right side would go into place but the screen kept popping out of place because the left side wouldn't go all the way in!! From looking at the third picture, it looks like you have it flushed all the way into the brackets and I don't know how in the hell you did that unless you did some bending of the brackets!! Is that the case? My bad, I meant to say those tail lights from http://www.ezkoncepts.com, freakin llights are hot!! Thanks

Kikunga

Here's a picture of it thus far! Still in the works though, notice how that din kit is much grayer, freakin annoys me! Did you do the paint job yourself or did you get it professionally done? I just ordered those Power Acoustik headrest monitors, almost $400 but hopefully they will be worth it, especially for my daughter, she drives me crazy sitting behind me and pouting all day long!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com....html

Modified by Kikunga at 10:14 AM 11/26/2008
Modified by Kikunga at 10:15 AM 11/26/2008

jsmithsole
Car: 6th Gen maxima

Kikunga wrote:Okay, it's starting to make some sense now I see some visual so I wanna make sure I got all the right information down before I go out and strip my car down once again! I'm still a little confused about a couple of things regarding the Nesa screen at the top! I get the double sided tape and all but is the screen sitting flush in between the brackets or is it just sitting on top? Because whenever I had the screen just sitting on top of the brackets, it was very diffcult for the top covering of the AC vents to go back into place, the right side would go into place but the screen kept popping out of place because the left side wouldn't go all the way in!! From looking at the third picture, it looks like you have it flushed all the way into the brackets and I don't know how in the hell you did that unless you did some bending of the brackets!! Is that the case? My bad, I meant to say those tail lights from http://www.ezkoncepts.com, freakin llights are hot!! Thanks
OK, sorry it has been so long since I did this mod I have forgotten a few things, I actually bent the mounting brackets out a bit to make sure the screen fit OK.

And the tailights turned out great, I actually did the initial design and then a buddy of mine took them to IPCW and they agreed to make them...

jsmithsole

alecsithong wrote:How do you guys insert pictures? I use the "INSERT IMAGE" button but it doesn't do anything. It doesn't ask me where to upload pics from.

How do you get your OEM LCD screen blue?

That last (3rd) picture you have with the sticky tape on LCD screen - do you have a picture before you installed it? I want to see what the factory cross bar looks like behind the OEM LCD screen and if I can remove it. Matida Kikunga mentioned that. That's one of my hurdles.

Does anyone know if the key ignition switch can be swapped for a push button on & off like the new cars?

Lastly how can I install or what type of Xenon light can I buy - name brands, etc.? I heard that it's not easy to install - electrical issues. I also heard that this OEM headlight is hard to adapt to Xenon light bulb. Who has experience on this?

Thanks - Have a great Turkey day....alec
OK IMG handled, use Photobucket, it's really easy.

Blue screen = replacing 400 tiny led's all soldered in one by one...lots of work!!

Cross bar can't be removed, it is a support beam that runs across the entire car.

Push button has been talked about but hasn't been done yet...

Alot of people have gone to HID's from Halogen, there are a lot of plug and play applications out there that will work fine, one word of advise spend the money on a good kit, if you go cheap you regret it. Also the projectors are different so a lot of people have experienced a higher cut off which tends to blind on coming traffic, you can buy the lenses to swap as well.

Happy turkey day to you too!

Kikunga

Okay, now it makes sense, I figured that's what it was! I appreciate all your input! Hopefully the headrest monitors will be here sometime next week and I'll try the mod again, I'm heading out of town for the holiday break! Happy Holidays and I'll keep you posted on the progress! Again, thanks a bunch and I'm pretty sure I'll be hitting you up again for more info! Great design on the tail lights, I didn't know you had skills like that, how much they going for?? Take care

zalicar

I don't actually have one of these cars, I was just curious about something. Does the top screen flash a nissan emblem or something of the sort when you start the car up?

jsmithsole

zalicar wrote:I don't actually have one of these cars, I was just curious about something. Does the top screen flash a nissan emblem or something of the sort when you start the car up?
Nope, maybe if you have NAVI, but not the info screen...

Torgus

i'm not going to read this but whatever J said is right and any aftermarket nav > stock nav. hands down.

oh and buy and eclipse avn. they are the ballz.

Kikunga

Hey jsmithsole,I hope all is well! It's been a long time, I was wondering if you had any recommendations for replacing the Nesa Vision NRM 7002 TFT screen. Every since I got mine installed, the picture has been horrible, very dark and blurring, almost can't view the movie at certain parts of a movie. I have it installed were the OEM screen use to be. I was thinking maybe I got a defected screen since I bought it off of Ebay or maybe that's just the way the screen rolls, but I think not. So I was thinking about buying the same screen or possibly getting a different brand, not sure, I wanted your input since you recommended that screen. I want one that I can just switch out quickly and that fits flush like the Nesa 7002. Thanks and Jah bless

jsmithsole

Kikunga wrote:Hey jsmithsole,I hope all is well! It's been a long time, I was wondering if you had any recommendations for replacing the Nesa Vision NRM 7002 TFT screen. Every since I got mine installed, the picture has been horrible, very dark and blurring, almost can't view the movie at certain parts of a movie. I have it installed were the OEM screen use to be. I was thinking maybe I got a defected screen since I bought it off of Ebay or maybe that's just the way the screen rolls, but I think not. So I was thinking about buying the same screen or possibly getting a different brand, not sure, I wanted your input since you recommended that screen. I want one that I can just switch out quickly and that fits flush like the Nesa 7002. Thanks and Jah bless
Yeah not sure, I've had mine for almost 5 years and it has been great. I would just look around I guess...

Cruiz
Car: 08Maxi

Do any of you know where i can buy a OEM Navigation system for my 08 Maxima?

Kikunga

Aftermarket my friend, if you didn't get it whenever you purchased your Maxima, forget about it, it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg! Jah bless

dreams knight
Car: 1999 maxima

well . that is great but I think it coostly .

I think this one is better

Kikunga

Good luck...

dreams knight

here is another Image

BTW where can I git one like it ?

Kikunga

I would search Ebay but you're gonna have a hard time finding one unless you get lucky on Ebay. The other option is the dealership and they tried jerking me around for $2,500 for the OEM Navigation System. I said no thanks and went the aftermarket route. I have the same setup as jsmithsole and I'll assure you it wasn't anywhere close to $2,500 and the look, I must say is incredibly ridiculously sick! Jah bless
Modified by Kikunga at 12:16 PM 5/22/2009

jsmithsole

I heard quotes as much as $8000 (yes 8g's) for OEM navi installed. You have to replace the windshield and all kinds of stuff to get it to work. Aftermarket IS much cheaper. You can get the unit I have for under $600 now and the NAVI interface is 10x better the the Nissan version!!! (and you get IPOD control/XM NAV Traffic/DVD/Bluetooth)

dreams knight

but I will loos the CD changer and the type player

and why should I use three screens ?

only the orange screen and the navi

what if I let the orange screen as it is and just put the pioneer screen ?

Kikunga

Don't move your OEM screen to the bottom and just add the navigation headunit! Who still listens to CD's and tape players in their car? Are you serious? That's what the iPod interface cable is for! I got my whole music library on my iPod and with the addition of XM, plenty of music to last forever! Trust me, you won't miss your 6 Disc CD changer and tape player, I promise! I put mine on Ebay and got $275 for it. Take care and Jah bless

jsmithsole

What he said, tape CD? haven't had either in my car for years now!! And if you really need it you could add a CD/DVD changer to the Pioneer unit. And yes you can just add the NAV head unit and leave the stock screen up top.

dreams knight

and then the switchs in the steering weel will be for decoration only

and waher can I find that dash kit ?

Kikunga

You need to order the PAC swi-ps adapter to retain steering wheel control, you can find one on eBay for around $50. You need the Metra 99-7404 single dash kit, it's the only dash kit they make the 2004-2006 Maxima, you gotta use a dremel to cut it into a double din for your unit, you headunit fits flush into the existing mounting brackets! You can find both products on eBay, I found the dash kit on Amazon for $19. Jah bless

Kikunga

jsmithsole,

It's been a while.. I hope all is well. I'm on to my next project, replacing that factory orangish color inside of my instrumental cluster and the OEM screen. I believe you have the blue LED color. How difficult was the task? Which LED lights did you purchase? Thanks

nyc2cuse
Car: 2005 Nisan Maxima SE w/ Leather
2006 Nissan Altima 2.5S

What's the manufacturers name and model of the screen used to display in blue what the stock OEM displays in orange? I would like to just swap it out for the blue look - however, would like to leave it in its place instead of moving it down below where the door is. I would house my IPOD in that door and have the pioneer HU right above that door. So from top to bottom

Blue Screen which displays what Orange displays Now (Top)
Pioneer HU (Middle)
Keep Door in Place to House IPOD and storage (Bottom)

jestep91
Car: 2005 Nissan Maxima SE

nyc2cuse wrote:What's the manufacturers name and model of the screen used to display in blue what the stock OEM displays in orange? I would like to just swap it out for the blue look - however, would like to leave it in its place instead of moving it down below where the door is. I would house my IPOD in that door and have the pioneer HU right above that door. So from top to bottom

Blue Screen which displays what Orange displays Now (Top)
Pioneer HU (Middle)
Keep Door in Place to House IPOD and storage (Bottom)

There is no manufacturer, he said he had all the leds replaced one by one. I too am following jsmithsole's lead, I just bought the avic d3x bundle off of eBay and they now have the metra double din dash panel for $33 on amazon. But like u said, I'm keeping my oem right where it is.

ecurnes8888

How did you get your screen on the bottom blue?

Bbwhtimmons4

jsmithsole, I was wonder how you got your information center blue that setup looks sick and also could the brace behind the dash up top be cut and rebuilt to fit the stereo up there?

Jim9312
Car: 2004 Nissan Maxima

I know this is an old post, but can you install the stock Navigation system in a 2004 Nissan Maxima. All of the controls look the same. Just wondering if there is a plug hiding in the dash I can connect the CD Rom to. Would I have to change display etc.?

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”