I AM DONE WITH THIS BRAND!!!--- Rant!

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

FlatBlackIan wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:48 pm

It me! I'm some people!!!!
:chuckle: :dblthumb:

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

I am thinking we might have bought a crappy 2019 Rogue SV now. Roughly 4 months into ownership and we still have issues with it, and it is around 4500 miles.
1) Lagging back up camera. Sticker price for this Rogue is $31k, so everything should be working as expected, but the camera system lags. Called NissanUSA 3 times. 1st time, they said its working fine, 2nd time got a rude attitude and response from consumer affair agent, 3rd time is right now.
2) Tire pressures. Comparing this to my daily, this 2019 constantly touches 30 PSI cold for no reason when its perfectly warm outside, and loses air pressure every time its been refilled.
3) Driver seat material is starting to show wear this early.
4) Parking sensors are super faulty. It hard brakes the vehicle even if there is a tiny leaf or water drop in the way, which makes me to press the Traction control button to turn off the emergency brakes and traction control.

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

Just out of curiosity, what was your first car? I think you need a redo.

Everyone should start out driving a car from approximately the year they were born or older, and they should be require to maintain it for 5 years before moving to something new.

I've dealt with Nissan consumer affairs, (and Subaru, and Honda) over the years, and they've always been nothing but helpful and courteous. Their attitude will reflect your attitude. All these digital features you're having issues with are also just extra gizmos. The don't stop the car from being a car.

Stop looking for things you don't like, and start enjoying the things you do, then you won't be such a Debbie downer all the time.

datechboss101

FlatBlackIan wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:43 am

Everyone should start out driving a car from approximately the year they were born or older, and they should be require to maintain it for 5 years before moving to something new.

I've dealt with Nissan consumer affairs, (and Subaru, and Honda) over the years, and they've always been nothing but helpful and courteous. Their attitude will reflect your attitude. All these digital features you're having issues with are also just extra gizmos. The don't stop the car from being a car.

Stop looking for things you don't like, and start enjoying the things you do, then you won't be such a Debbie downer all the time.
My first car was a 99 Accord. Due to that being in the shop constantly for suspension related repairs I took the family's 16 Rogue for uni. But with this new Rogue we got, it just clearly showed me the quality of Nissan went down the drain. And that 2nd call with Nissan USA for this repeating issue, I used my normal tone, but somehow that agent came off harsh and rough towards me. Plus, I expect everything to be working perfectly fine with a vehicle that has a sticker MSRP $31,000 and is still has less than 5000 miles. Never had so many issues with the 2016 when we bought it or with any other car we bought.

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

You keep shouting about the price like it makes it important. The rogue is the entry level crossover. It's the cheapest crossover Nissan makes, which means it's built down to a price. Quality is going to suffer, and you'll see the same issues across the board in that class. Try driving an equinox for a week.

Rear view cameras, and parking sensors are also switching from optional, to required by the feds. This means there is surely some penny pinching going on.

Also, technology is advancing so quickly that almost none of the car makers can keep up. The infotainment system in every new car I drive is buggy and strange to use. Nobody has time to properly r&d anymore, because if you do, your product is obsolete.

So, if you're looking for someone to blame, I'd point the finger squarely at your average new car buyers. Boomers, and GenXers.

datechboss101

FlatBlackIan wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:26 am
You keep shouting about the price like it makes it important. The rogue is the entry level crossover. It's the cheapest crossover Nissan makes, which means it's built down to a price. Quality is going to suffer, and you'll see the same issues across the board in that class. Try driving an equinox for a week.

Rear view cameras, and parking sensors are also switching from optional, to required by the feds. This means there is surely some penny pinching going on.

Also, technology is advancing so quickly that almost none of the car makers can keep up. The infotainment system in every new car I drive is buggy and strange to use. Nobody has time to properly r&d anymore, because if you do, your product is obsolete.

So, if you're looking for someone to blame, I'd point the finger squarely at your average new car buyers. Boomers, and GenXers.
Its literally sad that companies just can't get the simple old technologies thats been out in the market for more than a decade correct, or actually had it correct before but now is messed up. I also forgot to mention, the Rogue does slam on the brakes unexpected when I am parking on my own driveway and also when I am trying to park it in the garage (clearly it thinks that theres an obstacle in the way) and has eaten a nice bit of the brake pads, so I gotta replace those earlier than expected.

I've driven a Traverse and Journey, and both of them have their own issues. Plus I am not a huge GM, FCA and Toyota fan, so I understand these issues coming from GM.

And I am blaming everyone, not just a certain group or person. Like this stupid trend of crossovers needs to die, the CVT needs to be obsolete, and companies to stop cutting corners (entitled people like me will arise from company stupidness).

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I'm thinking this stream-of-consciousness drivel is to blame.

I haven't looked at the schematic for the backup camera, but I can't see any possible way for it to 'lag.' It's a direct signal. Someone with more experience in these matters can correct me if I'm wrong. My $99 Pyle backup camera I installed on my Titan is 100% 1:1 real-time in response, like a mirror.

I doubt very, very seriously that your car 'slams on the brakes unexpectedly.' If so, then you should go get a dealer tech and make them drive with you into your driveway. Brake application at walking speeds does NOT wear pads. Period. So, if you're replacing pads earlier than expected, you're either riding the brakes or there's a flaw elsewhere. How long is an appropriate lifespan for brake pads on a small crossover?

Don't blame 'everyone.' Your limited knowledge and experience with even the simplest of mechanical functions makes such statements ludicrous. 'Cutting corners' is to be expected when you fall victim to ownership of a bottom-rung crossover. That's economics. No one owes you more than what you got.

Ranting about 'stupid trends' is equally silly. You sound like an old lady shouting out her apartment window at kids playing in the street.

It's not a trend, it's a logical progression of free market responses to economic forces and overwhelming buyer decisions.

Your 'entitledness' seems to be generationally-gifted.

I'm Nissan's biggest critic - ask anyone who's been here for a long time. But some of this is simply emotional ranting based on mechanical ignorance and feelings of inadequacy. A psychology 101 and Econ 101 class would be a welcome and enlightening experience (unless you already know it all, which I suspect).

NOTE: None of this is intended to be disrespectful (not that I care about feelings) but a wake-up call that words mean things and if you post it, it's open for dissection and correction.

datechboss101

AZhitman wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:02 am
I'm thinking this stream-of-consciousness drivel is to blame.

I haven't looked at the schematic for the backup camera, but I can't see any possible way for it to 'lag.' It's a direct signal. Someone with more experience in these matters can correct me if I'm wrong. My $99 Pyle backup camera I installed on my Titan is 100% 1:1 real-time in response, like a mirror.

I doubt very, very seriously that your car 'slams on the brakes unexpectedly.' If so, then you should go get a dealer tech and make them drive with you into your driveway. Brake application at walking speeds does NOT wear pads. Period. So, if you're replacing pads earlier than expected, you're either riding the brakes or there's a flaw elsewhere. How long is an appropriate lifespan for brake pads on a small crossover?

Don't blame 'everyone.' Your limited knowledge and experience with even the simplest of mechanical functions makes such statements ludicrous. 'Cutting corners' is to be expected when you fall victim to ownership of a bottom-rung crossover. That's economics. No one owes you more than what you got.

Ranting about 'stupid trends' is equally silly. You sound like an old lady shouting out her apartment window at kids playing in the street.

It's not a trend, it's a logical progression of free market responses to economic forces and overwhelming buyer decisions.

Your 'entitledness' seems to be generationally-gifted.

I'm Nissan's biggest critic - ask anyone who's been here for a long time. But some of this is simply emotional ranting based on mechanical ignorance and feelings of inadequacy. A psychology 101 and Econ 101 class would be a welcome and enlightening experience (unless you already know it all, which I suspect).

NOTE: None of this is intended to be disrespectful (not that I care about feelings) but a wake-up call that words mean things and if you post it, it's open for dissection and correction.
To be fair, I agree with literally all of your points.

1) I am doing an Apples to Apples comparison here. 2nd gen Rogue vs 2nd gen Rogue. That's as similar it can get. Now when I say its lagging, its very noticeable, WOT or just slowly hovering on the brake pedal, the signal between the vehicle and cameras should be instantaneous (like a 1:1 ratio), not lets wait for a few seconds and then show the next frame. That's what I am seeing with the 2019, its not instantaneous as the 2016. Its not 1:1 or 100%.

2) I am not the one that should say whats the correct lifespan of a brake pad, but I am just saying after having multiple MPI from the dealers, the brakes are starting to wear this early, which again ties with the stupid FEB and senors slamming the brakes for no god dang reason, which is why I press Traction control off every time I drive any distance more than 0.25 miles with the 2019 as it turns off the stupid emergency brakes and senors alongside traction control. On my 2016, rear brake pads has the same MM thickness as the 2019 but with 54k miles on those pads, and those pads are the cheapo Nissan pads too, and those were replaced May of 2018, whereas this 2019 has little over 4500 miles and doesn't go through alot of stop and go traffic.

3) The sensors and FEB. In any right mind, knows one freaking branch shouldn't cause severe damage to the vehicles bumper and body work, except a light scratch on the clear coat. Now, take that branch and put many leaves on it. It shouldn't cause an issue. And then a house gutter. I am not even close to that at all, and it still decides to slam the brakes, even when I look at my mirrors and windows while backing into the parking spot (driveway) and it just has its own mind.

4) I am at least trying to gain mechanical knowledge somewhere, and somehow, since I come from a family that has no mechanical knowledge. When I do post stuff on forums or anywhere, I do take it with a grain of salt every time because I know sometimes I may be right or wrong. However, I still dislike Nissan, but until I have enough financial means to purchase a new vehicle, I am stuck with driving the Rogue. But one thing came out while I am driving this Rogue, regardless of the manufacturer if a vehicle is maintained properly, it can be very reliable.

5) I am actually considering on double-majoring on psychology, just in case my current major is a flop for some reason, so yeah I do know it.

6) No-offense Greg, but if Nissan ever listened to anyone other than shareholders and directors and board executives and rich people and federal governments, their quality wouldn't go downhill in at least half of the vehicle, especially during a mid-model refresh. It would be nice if they listened to their critics and customers on where to improve on, but most of the time they don't. And I also believe this same thing can also be applied to GM and many other brands too. (Toyota needs to figure out that its mostly the maniacs and psychos purchase their reliable vehicles).

7) Toyota rant? I was driving back to the dorm from another campus within the university around 9:30pm last night, and the freeway was backed up. When I got to the seen, what did I see... a previous gen Corolla that crashed into 2 other vehicles, which makes sense, as they tend to drive like douche bags in Florida. (Yes, it is a mostly Florida thing, douche bags driving Corollas and Rav4s, not lifted trucks). We do get the occasional grandparent driving slow in a CRV, but that's understandable, they are getting old.

AZhitman
Administrator

Yeah, I can't take this seriously when you make broad generalizations and bizarre associations (maniacs and psychos?)

I drive a Corolla.

When you've got a little more life experience and drive in more than a couple states, maybe this will be useful and relevant. It's not. Less typing, more learning.

BTW, "considering a major" is NOT the same as acquiring the knowledge, getting the degree, and working in the field. No, you don't "know it."

BTW, unless there's a recording device, it's absolutely impossible for the backup camera to NOT be 1:1 real-time. There's nowhere for the signal to go be stored and be 'served up' later. Period. Maybe the newer one is higher-resolution, but jibberjabber about "wide open throttle" (in reverse???) and "hovering over the brake pedal" (not relevant, there's no foot sensors) is probably why you're frustrated with the dealer. It's nonsensical.

perfectlyflawedkt
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 ❤
◇My Harlequin◇

If gas is all you have to pay for since it's your parents car, then don't drive it so hard 🤟🙏👍

perfectlyflawedkt
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 ❤
◇My Harlequin◇

AGAIN,
Did you pay for it? Repairs under warranty, I assume? Maybe a direct result of driver error?
Wow. My dad gave me a car in college, an $800 84 Corolla...I had to use a bungee cord to keep it in 5th gear. Be grateful not entitled please.
datechboss101 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:52 am
FlatBlackIan wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:43 am

My first car was a 99 Accord. Due to that being in the shop constantly for suspension related repairs I took the family's 16 Rogue for uni. But with this new Rogue we got, it just clearly showed me the quality of Nissan went down the drain. And that 2nd call with Nissan USA for this repeating issue, I used my normal tone, but somehow that agent came off harsh and rough towards me. Plus, I expect everything to be working perfectly fine with a vehicle that has a sticker MSRP $31,000 and is still has less than 5000 miles. Never had so many issues with the 2016 when we bought it or with any other car we bought.

datechboss101

This 2019 Rogue is currently in the shop for the same issue for the 2nd time. Two more times and Im gonna file lemon law because this shows how bad Nissan's quality is. I hope this dealer can give me a better answer other I have to take another.

datechboss101

Ight... Lemme just say this...

IM GONNA BE SELLING BOTH ROGUES IN THE NEAR FUTURE SINCE I DON'T WANT MY DIY LIFE TO END!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought spark plugs and coolant change could be such a PITA job. Apparently Nissan just makes an easy and simple job a MIllion times harder and difficult to do.

To put in perspective, I barely have my entire family help me on any DIY repairs, but holy crap, I had my 11 year old brother and my father to jump in to help me for both of these jobs, and we have failed miserably. I even looked at older threads on the forum and used the FSM (FSM is super duper vague), and it still didn't work, and even checked the YouTubes. Then this hits my head; A Honda V6 vehicle is easier to repair than a Nissan 4banger vehicle. Doesn't even make any sense at all.

Nissan has a great PR team, but horrible engineering and designing team.

FSM--- Nissan didn't put in the size of the bolts in the specs portion of each part of the FSM.

AZhitman
Administrator

Some people just aren't cut out for wrenching. Plugs and coolant aren't hard to do. Don't blame others for your difficulties.

I'm sure you're good at other things. Do those things. :)

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

AZhitman wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:02 pm
Some people just aren't cut out for wrenching. Plugs and coolant aren't hard to do. Don't blame others for your difficulties.

Snort.

Pissing and moaning about stupid crap on internet forums isn't exactly a marketable skill.....Just saying.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

If you're serious about fighting a dealer or manufacturer, you need a diagnosis/facts by a qualified independent mechanic to support your case , not the opinion of an inexperienced ranting teenaged psych(?) major that resorts to getting auto repair help from an 11 yr old child. Perhaps it's time to let your father take over the dealer situation, if there actually is one. He is also the actual owner of the vehicle, not you.

fwiw, I've had issues with some of new cars that I've purchased/leased (not Nissan or the Toyotas that you irrationally hate) Many of the complaints were initially declined, but I ended up winning them and I'm not a mechanic. I simply had the problems documented by an expert mechanic. Your rantings might make you feel better, but it doesn't help your case.

datechboss101

IDK if its literally me or my experiences with Nissan and its dealership network, but dang, this one specific dealer close to home made me to start DIY and not to trust them at all. Like how TF can a Nissan "Certified" technician F*** up twice within less than 3 months? And that to be in the same dealership, with two different events. Had I not checked my engine bay on Saturday before I left to uni, that needle would've shot up to H due to low coolant. Ironically, I only drove roughly 500 miles since the coolant service, when I noticed the low coolant. Realized this was the dealer's fault for not doing a proper job.

Also found out I need new front brake pads, which has the same material width remaining as my 54k mile rear pads. Something is sketchy. I will be DIYing this job bc theres no dang way I am going to a dealer anymore. And, hopefully I can save up enough money to get something that doesn't kill my bones and back to work on.

AZhitman
Administrator

Front pads wear at 2-3x the rate of rears. Far from sketchy.

Did you call to complain that the coolant was low?

datechboss101

AZhitman wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:32 pm
Front pads wear at 2-3x the rate of rears. Far from sketchy.

Did you call to complain that the coolant was low?
Nope, took it back to the dealer with the reciept in hand, because we paid $149.99 for the job.

The Original front pads wore up to like 73k miles whereas the original rear ones wore up to 52k miles. I really don't understand how this works, but I have to order new front and rear brakes, might also order new rotors because why not.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

You couldn't replace the spark plugs, which on the Rogue is extremely easy, but you want to change all 4 rotors and brakes??

Be sure to tell your parents you love them before you go out on the road after changing the brakes yourself.

datechboss101

darylzero wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:45 am
You couldn't replace the spark plugs, which on the Rogue is extremely easy, but you want to change all 4 rotors and brakes??

Be sure to tell your parents you love them before you go out on the road after changing the brakes yourself.
I know its supposed to be easy, but Nissan just overtightened the heck out of them. My ratchet was turning but not the socket. And ironically my breaker bar has a different drive size than my extention and ratchet. Also, I couldn't find a freaking pipe or pole in the garage that would work. My dad also gave it a try, and he is stronger than me, but those plugs wouldn't budge at all. Hence the mech had to do the job, not stealership.

I am definitely investing in an impact gun to loosen things up. It does sound crazy that I want to change my own brakes, but with a lower salary this year, my dad cannot afford a $600 brake job, since he has to get me new tires by the end of the year, and then the up keep maintainence on 3 vehicles that we own.

I got a lot of maintainence items this year I need to take care of, and honestly, I feel that I need to start DIY and do these jobs right, since Nissan kinda failed twice back to back.

datechboss101

Desert Rat wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:57 am
AZhitman wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:02 pm

Snort.

Pissing and moaning about stupid crap on internet forums isn't exactly a marketable skill.....Just saying.
Ight... Man, you should see the roughly 10k people that lives in my town. They are more entitled than me :lolling: :lolling:

Always get a laugh on how entitled they are than me. LIke "I can't bare fireworks"... Why did you even buy a house near Disney? or some random bs. More entitlement is in grown a** adults than me.

Greg-- At least I tried, instead of saying "Ight Ima go to the stealership and get my arms and legs ripped off by the Service Advisors and come back few days later to yell at them and the techs for not doing the job right and have them fix it". But eventually things should be easy for me to do.

Now all said and done, I still don't understand how to remove the bottom plastic panel that houses the switches on the drivers side. I will be fuse tapping this upcoming weekend so I can have my dash camera running all time (some nutjob tried to break in my Rogue this past weekend).

AZhitman
Administrator

"Muh DIY lyfe"

You don't even have a functional ratchet (or know the differences in sizes) and you think you'll "do the job right?"

Some days, I think you're trolling... or 13.

I respect your enthusiasm, but not your tendency to blame others or your inability to read, absorb, and learn.

BTW, buy your own tires.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Wow this thread is still going... :whistle:

datechboss101

AZhitman wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:54 pm
"Muh DIY lyfe"

You don't even have a functional ratchet (or know the differences in sizes) and you think you'll "do the job right?"

Some days, I think you're trolling... or 13.

I respect your enthusiasm, but not your tendency to blame others or your inability to read, absorb, and learn.

BTW, buy your own tires.
I know the different sizes, I just totally blanked out when I was buying my breaker bar, as I didn't know at the time that both the ratchet and breaker bar has to be the same drive size. Breaker bar is a 1/2" drive, where as my basic ratchet is 3/8" drive (I used this ratchet for my first spark plug job, which was easy).

:lolling: Yeah... only issue is, I prefer to get the tires from Costco, which only my parents has the membership to it otherwise I'd get me a set of decent tires. Plus, I'm trying to save up for a "new"-to-me vehicle as a graduation gift, so I won't have to rely on parents or anyone to buy car parts, and can proudly say I don't drive a freaking Rogue anymore. And IIRC Costco does free tire rotations, so its a plus while we are doing shopping, as we typically spend roughly the same time it takes for them to do our cars.

Return to “General Chat”