I AM DONE WITH THIS BRAND!!!--- Rant!

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

To be fair, being knowledgeable or experienced about cars is not required to start a youtube car channel. ;)

Buzzman
Car: 2017 Mazda 6 GT
2023 Kia Stinger Elite V6 AWD.

Bubba1 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:35 pm
To be fair, being knowledgeable or experienced about cars is not required to start a youtube car channel. ;)
If aimed at me, to be fair, I never mentioned his youtube startup. More power to the young OP if he does.
To also be fair, being knowledgeable or experienced about anything is apparently not required to start a youtube channel.
Heck, I could start a youtube channel on flying a 747, even though I've never set foot in an airplane cockpit. :)

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Bubba1 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:35 pm
I always wanted to start a Youtube Channel, but for some reason I always chicken out because of having crappy camera quality, but who knows. :gotme

But what I am going to do in the first few videos, is go through the ownership experience of owning Rogues, especially 2 of them. At least, its gonna be honest, since the typical review of the Rogue is only spent 1 week, where owning it more than a week is a better review.

I would also like to have other generation Rogues to have an owner's perspective review of their own Rogue (1st gen and 3rd gen), since this CUV class is gaining traction in the new vehicle sales.

datechboss101

Oh god... I just ended the phone call with Nissan and with the rep. Apparently, having lagging cameras is "working as designed". Not sure what that even means, but the attitude that the rep was giving me was unprofessional. And they won't warranty the issue or didn't even offer to replace the cameras and/or the head-unit to try to fix the issue.

I really don't have to come to this conclusion, but in addition to avoiding Toyota, Nissan also needs to be avoided.

I am going to create another thread about this so-called "ProPilot assist" and will be comparing it to Honda sensing. Nothing is "working" as designed. It's just poor implementation and horrible design. And also, crappier customer service than in previous years.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

still waiting for your reasons for hating Toyota so much.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

It's probably because Toyotas won't drive themselves for him, either.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

RicerX wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:39 am
It's probably because Toyotas won't drive themselves for him, either.
:chuckle:

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

What's wrong with Toyota?

I can tell you this: My kids have a 04 Camry (150k), an 05 Camry (125k), and an 04 Corolla (150k). My DD is an 04 Corolla (284k). Our road trip car is an 11 LS460L.

ALL are spectacularly durable, reliable and functionally well-engineered. I can fix damn near anything on them cheaply and easily.

Nissan is my bread and butter, but aside from Bex's 14 Xterra and my 12 Titan, we don't own a modern Nissan.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Ditto ^. I've also happily owned Toyotas (and Nissans) for many years including an old Corolla DD. Sadly, this young Rogue rogue has yet to explain his 'yota gripes. Time to step up to the plate. ;)

datechboss101

We got hit by one, and the sheer utter amount of entitle suckers driving those things makes me hate it even more day by day.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

We're judging people based on the brand of car they drive, just because someone was in an accident?

This "entitled sucker" thinks you need a psychiatric evaluation. Seriously.

datechboss101

AZhitman wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:22 pm
We're judging people based on the brand of car they drive, just because someone was in an accident?

This "entitled sucker" thinks you need a psychiatric evaluation. Seriously.
Greg, I've been hating Toyota's more than just because my car got rear-ended by one.

Ever seen Chevy owners hating Fords, because of that crappy LS motor is superior than other motors? The same concept plays for Honda owners hating Toyotas. But in all regards, its more than just seeing idiots abusing a reliable machine, its also the crappy designs and use of space or lack of space. I've been in a bunch of them...

The Corolla is more compact than the Honda Fit or Nissan Versa Sedan. I felt super cramped in that, considering I am a big guy and the Civic and Sentra was more spacious. I drove a Rav4 because a buddy of mine asked me to park it, well, it was one of the worse driving experiences I had (after driving a freaking Chevy Traverse which is dog slow for a 3.6L NA V6, and a base model Dodge Journey).

The Prius wants me to puke my guts out everytime I see it. To being a hybrid, it doesn't need to be an ugly POS. At least Nissan hits the jackpot in exterior designs, and Teslas are better looking than a Prius, yet Telsas are bland looking.

The new Rav4 makes me wonder why in the world did they went backwards and made it more Pontiac Aztec looking with the excessive use of hard black plastic covering all over the vehicle. Makes it cheap looking like the Nissan Rogue's interior.

The Camry, even with a 301 HP V6, is still dang slow compared to the Accord 2.0T (idk about the new Altima being any faster at all). And they try to make it look all sporty, but its slow.

The Sienna is ancient and behind the times (we bought an Odyssey over Sienna because Honda offered more options for less price) and barely offers options for equivelent price of an Odyssey.

And on top of everything, Toyota's had oil burning issues, transmission issues (like weren't these transmissions from Toyota supposed to last a million miles or something????), unintended acceleration issues (didn't got fixed for 2 years), killing the Supra name by making it a BMW, and Toyota barely made their own engines and stuff, especially for their sporty vehicles (Yamaha motors, seriously, freaking Yamaha of all brands).

And Toyota really lacks in using space. It really shows, especially for big people. And their designs overall just sucks, and becoming more of 90s and 2000s GM now than ever. I yet have to see a new CRV, Rogue, Escape, Equinox, Forester, Outlander, etc., that has freaking cheap looking black plastic material along every part of the exterior of the vehicle.

Modifying a Toyota that already comes ugly and boring and bland from factory makes it even worse. It just shows you got no sense of life or you are in the final stages of life and you don't got a better vehicle to modify and modify an appliance that is boring but reliable and is only fit from transporting people from point a to point b without breaking down (unlike some american brands). Plus, more Hondas are made in the USA than Toyotas.

However, I started to like their luxury division, Lexus, as it now doesn't target old adults who are in their retirement stage of life. And Lexus is more reliable than Toyota. And it doesn't have an interior and exterior of their crappy counterparts. I was really considering getting an RX 350 or NX 300 as my replacement for the 2016 Rogue, just an FYI.

AZhitman
Administrator

I'm not even going to qualify that jumble of nonsense with a response.

datechboss101

Greg, lets just close this thread. I gave up long time ago, because my 2016 Rogue proved me otherwise. And this thread was about Nissan only, I really don't know how it went from bashing about Nissan to me explaining why in the world I hate Toyota.

Buzzman
Car: 2017 Mazda 6 GT
2023 Kia Stinger Elite V6 AWD.

datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:54 pm
I yet have to see a new CRV, Rogue, Escape, Equinox, Forester, Outlander, etc., that has freaking cheap looking black plastic material along every part of the exterior of the vehicle.
Just a suggestion: get away from all of these brands you mentioned, and go take a test drive in the Mazda CX-5, especially the turbo.
It will make you forget all about your bad experiences with said brands, including your beloved Rogue.

AZhitman
Administrator

datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:35 pm
Greg, lets just close this thread. I gave up long time ago, because my 2016 Rogue proved me otherwise. And this thread was about Nissan only, I really don't know how it went from bashing about Nissan to me explaining why in the world I hate Toyota.
Nope. I'm leaving it up as a perpetual monument to youthful ignorance and foolish statements. :gapteeth:

datechboss101

AZhitman wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:09 pm
datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:35 pm
Nope. I'm leaving it up as a perpetual monument to youthful ignorance and foolish statements. :gapteeth:
Alright! Sounds like this is my thread to entertain everyone then! :biggrin:

datechboss101

Something I found out as of recent with our rental 2019 Rogue Sport S, is that Nissan really went downhill with the backup camera quality. I am going to reopen that case with Nissan because this Rogue Sport has an identical headunit as our 2019 Rogue SV, and both display a lagging backup camera problem.
Buzzman wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:40 pm
datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:54 pm
I yet have to see a new CRV, Rogue, Escape, Equinox, Forester, Outlander, etc., that has freaking cheap looking black plastic material along every part of the exterior of the vehicle.
Just a suggestion: get away from all of these brands you mentioned, and go take a test drive in the Mazda CX-5, especially the turbo.
It will make you forget all about your bad experiences with said brands, including your beloved Rogue.
Kinda saving up and gonna get my wants for a Moneypit machine then I will hop back into a Honda. Definitely, I was looking at CX-5 but for $40k, I am literally eyeing a Mustang GT Premium at this point or I can get an Accord and dump $10k of racing modifications into it to make it a proper racecar.

Plus, I really dislike the Compact Utility Vehicle class. I have been into SUVs and Minivans but I just can't find the vibe for this CUV class at all. Maybe its the amount of vehicles that comes standard with CVTs and the low displacement engines.

RicerX

You will kill yourself in a Mustang GT. If you do get one, don't go to any cars and coffee meets with it. Think of the children.

Also, no proper racecar has 60%+ of its weight over the front like an Accord does.

AZhitman
Administrator

*sigh* I really want to be supportive and helpful.

Reading this stream-of-consciousness drivel from a 19 year old is challenging my best efforts.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

RicerX wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:06 am
You will kill yourself in a Mustang GT. If you do get one, don't go to any cars and coffee meets with it. Think of the children.

Also, no proper racecar has 60%+ of its weight over the front like an Accord does.
My first thought of datechboss buying a mustang GT is crashing at C&C then immediately blame both Ford's version of cruise control/pro-pilot and any nearby Toyota owner ... :biggrin: j/k

fwiw, my neighbor bought a new Mustang GT. I didn't mind it. It's got enough power to get a weak driver in trouble quickly. But if datatech has been whining about accessories in his parent's Nissans, he'll have lots more to kvetch about if he gets a Mustang.

As far as datech buying a mom-mobile like an Accord and wastin...er investing $10K in "racing modifications" that he'll never recoup. I strongly suggest he spend that mod money on making whatever car his parents buy him (or he eventually buys himself) safe and then learn to drive better.

datechboss101

I have been in a 370z before, and its not an ideal sports car for me, but I am hoping the 400z is an improvement, since the value of the 370z isn't there imo. Cars and Coffee.... I don't go to those things, as I prefer to go to the big name car shows that happen multiple times in the year in Florida. But then I am torn between show car or racecar.

However, I am trying to buy a nice vehicle (used of course, because most Floridians doesn't know how to drive, so new vehicles ain't worth it in Florida), and I got a budget that I am happy about, and it ain't funded by parents (not looking for another family vehicle and I got plans for heavy modification). Probably might get an expensive grandpa's car (Mercedes S550 or BMW 750i) and build it into a luxurious show car (land yacht), lol, but only use it on the weekends. The Accord does offer a 6spd manual transmission on the 2.0T, which its the only vehicle in the segment that offers it, which is one reason I was considering building a FWD Honda Accord, but with not a ton of power. The other option is a Mustang GT (of course), but it's not going to be a daily driver at all, plus I have to buy a vehicle hauler to take the Mustang to the track on track days. However, I could save up a few years of paychecks and get a Porsche 911, but that's gonna take a lot of courage and will to do that.

Ricerx-- I am pretty sure Florida has Crowdmower protection law. But then, I'd take the show car to cars and coffee than a track monster. Also, I rarely go to cars and coffee, so no one is gonna be harmed (maybe those liberals that hate and despise automobiles).

Bubba1-- Trust me, if I do get a vehicle that has these technologies, I am definitely gonna test them and put them to their limits. If it doesn't work to my expectations, I am literally gonna disable it via software hacks or physically remove the system (weight reduction). Clearly, I don't want some annoying beeps when I am trying to have a relaxing drive. Plus a mommy-mobile right now is a 3-row crossover (Pathfinder, Sorento, Highlander, etc.), not the mid-sized sedan or minivan.

RicerX

datechboss101 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:15 am
I have been in a 370z before, and its not an ideal sports car for me, but I am hoping the 400z is an improvement, since the value of the 370z isn't there imo. Cars and Coffee.... I don't go to those things, as I prefer to go to the big name car shows that happen multiple times in the year in Florida. But then I am torn between show car or racecar.

However, I am trying to buy a nice vehicle (used of course, because most Floridians doesn't know how to drive, so new vehicles ain't worth it in Florida), and I got a budget that I am happy about, and it ain't funded by parents (not looking for another family vehicle and I got plans for heavy modification). Probably might get an expensive grandpa's car (Mercedes S550 or BMW 750i) and build it into a luxurious show car (land yacht), lol, but only use it on the weekends. The Accord does offer a 6spd manual transmission on the 2.0T, which its the only vehicle in the segment that offers it, which is one reason I was considering building a FWD Honda Accord, but with not a ton of power. The other option is a Mustang GT (of course), but it's not going to be a daily driver at all, plus I have to buy a vehicle hauler to take the Mustang to the track on track days. However, I could save up a few years of paychecks and get a Porsche 911, but that's gonna take a lot of courage and will to do that.

Ricerx-- I am pretty sure Florida has Crowdmower protection law. But then, I'd take the show car to cars and coffee than a track monster. Also, I rarely go to cars and coffee, so no one is gonna be harmed (maybe those liberals that hate and despise automobiles).

Bubba1-- Trust me, if I do get a vehicle that has these technologies, I am definitely gonna test them and put them to their limits. If it doesn't work to my expectations, I am literally gonna disable it via software hacks or physically remove the system (weight reduction). Clearly, I don't want some annoying beeps when I am trying to have a relaxing drive. Plus a mommy-mobile right now is a 3-row crossover (Pathfinder, Sorento, Highlander, etc.), not the mid-sized sedan or minivan.
What big name car shows have you gone to? Feel free to omit the Sunday Funday crossover events at your local Publix. That one is obvious.

What is a 400z?

You're the first person I have ever heard possibly cross-shopping a Porsche 911 with an Accord Coupe. That decision has to be tough. Did you ever quit that job at Pizza Hut or is that still a thing?

I adore your outlook on laws. Like how the Crowdmower protection law has forcefield powers. Also - why would liberals be harmed at a cars and coffee show over any other political affiliation?

BTW please link me to your first writeup on how you can remove a safety suite of electronics from a car without bricking it. Please tell me more about your software hacking prowess! Inquiring minds would love to know.

AZhitman
Administrator

I don't want to kick a dead horse (bah, sure I do)... I've got 2 words for you: CAN-BUS.

Did someone reanimate Nala? JOEL?

RicerX

AZhitman wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:53 am

Did someone reanimate Nala? JOEL?
DUDE I WAS JUST SAYING THAT

datechboss101

RicerX wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:50 am
datechboss101 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:15 am

What big name car shows have you gone to? Feel free to omit the Sunday Funday crossover events at your local Publix. That one is obvious.

What is a 400z?

You're the first person I have ever heard possibly cross-shopping a Porsche 911 with an Accord Coupe. That decision has to be tough. Did you ever quit that job at Pizza Hut or is that still a thing?

I adore your outlook on laws. Like how the Crowdmower protection law has forcefield powers. Also - why would liberals be harmed at a cars and coffee show over any other political affiliation?

BTW please link me to your first writeup on how you can remove a safety suite of electronics from a car without bricking it. Please tell me more about your software hacking prowess! Inquiring minds would love to know.
I quit that low hour job long ago. My hours were getting cut every week, even though I am one of the best employees, and then on top it was a stress into course schedule, so I literally walked out and been unemployed for a while. Just recently, I started looking for jobs and applying. Gotta see where things go. I'd be lucky to get a job in South Florida, since school is in Miami, so I can take a full-time position and work weekdays and the occasional weekend.

Sure, I will have a write-up, because you know, racecar. Also, I am still young, so I wanna enjoy track days while I still can before I go into the car show game.

400Z... there are rumors for the new Z car, and just keeping with that nameplate, it should be 400Z otherwise I'm gonna call it the next-gen Z car, if it ain't called the 400Z.

Oh yeah, one thing... I am a conservative, but then I really hate politics. So if I have negative things to say about automobiles, its because liberals made me to. :gapteeth: Crowdmower law protects Mustangs that run crowds.

As long I have this 2016 and 2019 Rogue in the family fleet, there might be a nice lengthy write-up of the lazy driver assistance bs crap being removed if I go to the route of gutting the interior, and making sure the vehicle won't be bricked. Also, I may let those CEL lights stay on since I live in Florida, even though my OCD will kill me everyday. But then, it won't be another Nissan, as I had it with the brand and its lousy customer service and constant referral to the dealerships.

Once I get a decent paying job, I'll have a build thread of the new to me vehicle, that I will purchase in cash by the end of next year (hopefully). And I will have a write-up of a 6spd manual swap for the 2016 Rogue in the future, as I have plans to get rid of that horrid thing called a CVT. So its something to look forward for in the future.

RicerX

How will you work full time while going to school and not work weekends? I have been looking for ways to add hours to the day and I have been unsuccessful so far.

Why should the next Z be called the 400Z? Is it because it's been 400 years since the 370 was put into production?

Why did liberals make you say naughty things about cars? It is because cars represent freedom?

How will you purchase a vehicle at the end of the year in cash with no job? Is the lottery that good in Florida?

Why bother putting manual anything into a car that has failed to drive you around automatically?

If I buy a Mustang and go to Florida, the crowdmower law will allow me to plow through a shopping mall without threat of legal recourse?

AZhitman
Administrator

Some people talk about their plans.

Some people actually make them happen.

Check in when there's something to report.

p.s. If you successfully swap a 6MT into a 2016 Rogue, let me know. I'll buy you another one, no questions asked, paid in full.

datechboss101

AZhitman wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:22 pm

Check in when there's something to report.

p.s. If you successfully swap a 6MT into a 2016 Rogue, let me know. I'll buy you another one, no questions asked, paid in full.
Well, I talk about plans rn because I got no job and huge funds to make things happen. Once I get the funds, by getting a job, those talks about plans will happen.

Deal. I definitely need to source a compatible 6MT for this engine and also need to see if the parts are direct fit or if it needs to be newly fabricated. Also, I am just hoping this CVT goes out after 172k miles (I got an additional warranty). After all, its the only Rogue that has the 2.5L with a 6MT, once I do the swap of course.

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

AZhitman wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:22 pm

It me! I'm some people!!!!

Return to “General Chat”