I AM DONE WITH THIS BRAND!!!--- Rant!

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
StarRogue

Damn. Looks like I’ll never have a chance at getting in contact with you here now!

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Another thread bump!

Not sure why RN Alliance loves to makes simple tasks complicated, but come on! Why in the mother freaking entire world do I need to take off the air intake to get access to the spark plugs??????? Seriously, this job should only take 10 minutes at most, not 1-2 hours for an inline-4 motor! I swear, just the simple tasks is just pushing me away from getting another Nissan, due to how patetic and stupid these engineers are designing the placement of these components. The competition does it better!

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Actually when it comes to bad design location for spark plugs, GM response to your complaint about Nissan's annoyance is "hold my beer". Back in the mid 70's, GM offered V8 version of their Chevy Monza (think small mass produced sporty coupe hatchback). Accessing the rear most spark plugs required lifting the entire engine! And that was when spark plugs got replaced a lot more often than they do now.

datechboss101

Bubba1 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:07 pm
Actually when it comes to bad design location for spark plugs, GM response to your complaint about Nissan's annoyance is "hold my beer". Back in the mid 70's, GM offered V8 version of their Chevy Monza (think small mass produced sporty coupe hatchback). Accessing the rear most spark plugs required lifting the entire engine! And that was when spark plugs got replaced a lot more often than they do now.
I understand that V6 and V8 engines are more complicated, but I am talking for a straight 4. The 4 cylinder is always the easiest and fastest compared to the process of a V6 and V8/V10/V12, etc.

Kodos to GM for making the most complicated process to change the spark plugs for their big block V8s.

datechboss101

And this continues...

As you'll know that we recently bought another Rogue for under $25k, I have found glaring issues from the beginning of our ownership.

1) Lagging Backup Camera
2) Lane Keeping Assist ONLY works with Cruise Control (ProPilot assist doesn't even work without Cruise Control being set)
3) Speakers are super quiet (can't hear anything without volume higher than 75%, this also includes phone calls too)
4) Feels super cheap (maybe to the equivalent of a 2018 Versa S)... Should've kept the fake carbon fiber trim below the passenger airbag, not a huge chunk of hard plastic that fails to attempt as leather padding
5) I immediately get back pains (its worse than my 2016)
6) Button layouts are inconvenient
7) Why is the heated steering wheel part of the premium package?????? It's freaking FLORIDA!!!!! Temps don't go below 60F often
8) Remote start doesn't work if I press the lock button twice (like seriously, come on)
9) (not in mine yet, but...) Headunit issues present with this model 2018s to 2020s, especially with the OTA updates

I am unhappy with what Nissan did with the mid-model refresh, as it looks like they literally went downhill. I actually prefer my 2016 Rogue SL over this new 2019 Rogue SV, and that is bad because typically I prefer the new car over the old one. If we had the kicks, I'd prefer that over the new Rogue SV, to give a perspective of

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

So do you actually test drive vehicles before you buy them?

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I presume his father did, who bought the car and evidently did not share all of his complaints. To answer #7, manufacturers offer option packages based on what most of their customers want. And heated steering is among the small items desired by most new vehicle buyers. There is a solution for Florida owners: don't turn on the steering wheel heater. :)

EdBwoy

Wait a gotDamn minute!

You hated the vehicle and the brand so much, you mentioned numerous times that you wanted to go back to Honda... yet you went ahead and willingly bought another one? That's insane.

You're either a gambler or a hopeless romantic. I'll give you a sink-or-swim idea. Turn all these rants into a bunch of youtube videos:
  • 5 things I hate about my new Kicks/Rogue
  • 5 things I hate about Nissan
  • Why Nissan should fire Ghosn (would have been nice to do this one last year, lol)
  • ohh, wait. Try this, "I knew the NISSAN CEO, Carlos Ghosn was going to get FIRED!!!"
  • Worst car for a college student
  • I damaged the garage because I bought a Nissan
  • Nissan made me damage my garage door
  • Nissan damaged my garage door
  • Nissan cost my dad a speeding ticket
  • Etc, etc...
The internet is abound with such content, but YOU my friend, offer a different perspective.
You'll either gain a bunch of fans who will earn you some youtube monies, or the internet will quickly chew and spit you out for your outlook on life.
... either way, it will be a creative outlet of the pent up frustration you have with something. At the very least, you'll be offering a real-world review for potential Rogue & Kicks buyers.

:mike :mike Go get 'em champ, I'm rooting for you!

datechboss101

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:36 pm
So do you actually test drive vehicles before you buy them?
Bubba1 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:00 am
I presume his father did, who bought the car and evidently did not share all of his complaints. To answer #7, manufacturers offer option packages based on what most of their customers want. And heated steering is among the small items desired by most new vehicle buyers. There is a solution for Florida owners: don't turn on the steering wheel heater. :)
EdBwoy wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:06 am
Wait a gotDamn minute!

You hated the vehicle and the brand so much, you mentioned numerous times that you wanted to go back to Honda... yet you went ahead and willingly bought another one? That's insane.

You're either a gambler or a hopeless romantic. I'll give you a sink-or-swim idea. Turn all these rants into a bunch of youtube videos:
  • 5 things I hate about my new Kicks/Rogue
  • 5 things I hate about Nissan
  • Why Nissan should fire Ghosn (would have been nice to do this one last year, lol)
  • ohh, wait. Try this, "I knew the NISSAN CEO, Carlos Ghosn was going to get FIRED!!!"
  • Worst car for a college student
  • I damaged the garage because I bought a Nissan
  • Nissan made me damage my garage door
  • Nissan damaged my garage door
  • Nissan cost my dad a speeding ticket
  • Etc, etc...
The internet is abound with such content, but YOU my friend, offer a different perspective.
You'll either gain a bunch of fans who will earn you some youtube monies, or the internet will quickly chew and spit you out for your outlook on life.
... either way, it will be a creative outlet of the pent up frustration you have with something. At the very least, you'll be offering a real-world review for potential Rogue & Kicks buyers.

:mike :mike Go get 'em champ, I'm rooting for you!
My father literally test drives the vehicle moments BEFORE he buys the vehicle, or doesn't test drive it at all (like how he did with my Rogue, he didn't test drove it, because his reason is that we don't need to test drive it). We did a proper test drive of the CRV and it was a great vehicle, considering the Honda dealer gave it to us as loaner while they repaired our former Accord. On the other hand, I do tend to test-drive vehicles, so that I can get an understanding on how the vehicle handles, drive quality, how loud or quiet the cabin is, etc. Plus, I am a little car geek, so I go to any dealership (except Toyota) and look around and maybe ask the sales people to allow me to do a test drive.

Second thing I need to add... ProPilot is as garbage as a Toyota Prius (I hate Toyota, unless ya'll want me to start another thread about that, please let me know)... It does not work. I was literally probably 2 inches (give or take an inch) from T-boning a BMW E39 3 series yesterday while coming home (I had right of way, dude was making a left turn when I had the green light), and brake were like shot and the FEB didn't attempt to stop or flash BRAKE at all (probably most scariest moment of my life while I was behind the wheel, and I was paying attention to the road).

Third thing, my rear end isn't paying the dang money, but I am FORCED to drive these commuter vehicles (CVT life sucks). And one thing for sure, these vehicles are extremely boring to drive in, but at least they are a bit exciting than those bland Toyotas. I am literally waiting for my graduation to happen so my Rogue can be traded in for a Honda.

And starting a Youtube channel about my rants might happen soon, but right now I need to find time to call NISSAN USA and discuss the Emergency Braking system because the car didn't brake enough and the brakes felt like they weren't even there.

Now with the Heated Steering wheel thing... Other manufacturers >>> BMW, MB, and VW<<< has it as a separate option.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

You're not being forced to drive anything. If you hate the cars you're being given to use free by your generous parents, you could always say no. Then do as many of us did at your age, and buy your own car.

As far as heated steering wheels go, it really doesn't matter some other manufacturers make it a separate option, Nissan is among those that package theirs with other stuff. so why does it even matter? You may not use it in Florida, but not only does it not impact performance or gas mileage, it actually helps its resale value as (gasp) there are far more buyers outside of Florida that buy cars that desire that feature.

And for the record, Toyotas can be more fun to drive than you think. it depends on how you drive them. I have 2 of them and I like them both.

Buzzman
Car: 2017 Mazda 6 GT
2023 Kia Stinger Elite V6 AWD.

datechboss101 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:40 pm

My father literally test drives the vehicle moments BEFORE he buys the vehicle, or doesn't test drive it at all (like how he did with my Rogue, he didn't test drove it, because his reason is that we don't need to test drive it). We did a proper test drive of the CRV and it was a great vehicle, considering the Honda dealer gave it to us as loaner while they repaired our former Accord. On the other hand, I do tend to test-drive vehicles, so that I can get an understanding on how the vehicle handles, drive quality, how loud or quiet the cabin is, etc. Plus, I am a little car geek, so I go to any dealership (except Toyota) and look around and maybe ask the sales people to allow me to do a test drive.

I am literally waiting for my graduation to happen so my Rogue can be traded in for a Honda.
I'm calling you out on your statement that you tend to test drive other vehicles.
From the sounds of it, the only dealerships you visit and test drive are Hondas.
That's fine, and if you want a Honda, then go and buy one, but don't tell us you've done your homework and tested other cars, cause if you did, you'd be talking about the CX-5, or the Outback, or the new RAV4, or many of the other SUV's in this segment that compete against the Rogue.
I'm betting you've never checked out the Mazda CX-5 in particular.
BTW, are you aware of Honda's on going problem with oil dilution in the CR-V?
Didn't think so.

As for your dad's buying style, it's just plain sad.
Unfortunately, there are thousands of car buyers just like him that buy cars without doing any research, comparisons, or test drives.
It boggles my mind that people like him will make a purchase that's second only to buying a house, (in terms of financial outlay), but refuses to even test the product. I just don't get it.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Buzzman, you're right, significant parts of the population have always put brand loyalty over common sense, especially those that view cars as appliances. Datech's dad seems to fall in that category. Normally it takes an expensive unplanned non-warranty bill or 2 to make them reconsider that loyalty. Rogue "rants" aside, it appears his father has had good enough previous experiences with his first Rogue and Kicks to continue his brand loyalty without comparisons. It is what it is.

The CX-5 is indeed a nice vehicle (I rented one and liked it) as well the redesigned RAV-4. In fact, there are many good choices out there including, but not limited to Hondas (to which Datechboss101 seems very loyal). But if a kid daily drives a parental hand-me down, I imagine his options are currently limited.

datechboss101

I am currently in training for a new job that I got in the field I'm literally going to school for. However, I have been unemployed for the last 3 months, due to that incident with that manager I had. Right now, I am trying my best to save up for vehicle that's actually worth every single penny of my hard-earned money, and also trying to pay for my own things (I have my own phone bill to pay!).

Those who are calling me out for ONLY test driving Honda's, that's an incorrect statement! I go to other brands too (other than Toyota because I hate Toyota more than Nissan). And right now, I am in a conversation with Nissan USA because of a near miss I had with the new Rogue (inches from totaling it).

Please, let me know if I should start a thread on why I hate Toyota!

The 2016 has been under extended warranty since we bought it brand new, since we drive a lot on that vehicle, and this current extended warranty expires at 172k miles. I did mention that Nissan quality got worse to a Nissan USA customer service rep, and he said "I am sorry that you feel like that" or something along that lines, and clearly, they don't give a dang about their repeating customers, and it clearly shows. And clearly, they don't want repeating customers because I cannot find a way to change the name of the Headunit in the vehicle since now we have two Rogues saying "MY ROGUE".

Before we made the purchase of the new Rogue, I literally was pushing my dad to buy a 2019 Ford Escape SEL with similar features, proper automatic transmission, more horses, for like $21k USD + title, tax, and tag. But they said no to Ford, which I don't understand because the Escape in on its final model year of the current generation, in which the rebates and incentives are pretty great on it.

And yes my options are literally limited, because I they were my dad's choices, NOT mine... well, at least the Acura MDX we have, I drove it the first 6k miles before me and my dad switched cars (very disappointed that I didn't get to use the MDX, since it was very flawless and exciting to be in and very luxurious), and it was the car I choose. I didn't choose the 2016 Rogue, 2018 Kicks, and 2019 Rogue. The 2016 Rogue and 2018 Kicks was my dad's decision, and the 2019 Rogue was my brothers choice. My choice was the 2017 MDX, in which I wanted us to stay true with the roots of being Honda customers.

The car I am looking at is based on my decision and liking, and right now I got a handful of choices, since my parents saw my future that I will have 1 child (some random bs thing they saw on the internet and believed in), so I figured why not get a coupe or something that I will enjoy, even if its a money-pit machine! Plus, I won't be taking it to the STEALERSHIP!!!!

Yeah, my dad sucks at buying vehicles, because he plainly just doesn't give a ****, and so does my mom (she doesn't give a **** about vehicles at all). So its hard for me being a car enthusiast in the family (entire family, including extended family, aren't car enthusiasts). I also suggested him to look at CPO vehicles, so we could get a Benz or some luxury vehicle (GS 350 and E350 was on my list thanks to depreciation, Q5 was on my dad's list), but he said he doesn't buy used and my mom said who knows if those vehicles got into accidents. Unlike their car buying strategy skills, I invest a boat load of time into the research portion, that way I know what to look for when I go out for the test drives. And then, I have been convincing my dad to let me trade in the 2016, so I won't be bringing that into the deal until the price of the new vehicle I am purchasing is around the price I want, then I bring the topic of the trade-in, since I have a mind set of getting a win-win on both ends instead of taking a huge loss, which my dad clearly didn't learn after trading both Honda's in for 2 Nissans.

I do know about the oil dilution issues on the 1.5T motor as this is the first time in my knowledge that Honda put turbos into their products (I know the 1st gen Acura RDX, ~2007 to 2013, was turbo). I am a fan of NA motors more than Turbo motors from the factory.

Now back to the rant. I am waiting for Nissan USA to call me back for the issue that I reported to them. Can't wait to get my teeth into them about how horrible its safety features are, clearly its all miss not hit ( they probably need to see how Honda sensing works).

Lane Keeping Assist and Lane Departure--- these are epic fails on Nissan's safety suite of features. Apparently, Nissan USA doesn't even know why I need to keep CC on to use this, and they tell me to go the dealership to have a technician to diagnose this issue, and we all know those diagnose fees will be sky high. Now, when I am not in the center of the lane, AcuraWatch (Honda Sensing) will bring back the vehicle the center; Nissan on the other hand, it won't do a dang thing till you hit the white line then it harshly pushes you back into the lane, but it doesn't know that it has to do the same dang job on a solid yellow line, which is a total miss.

Emergency Braking/Forward Emergency Brake--- What is this feature? Does this even exist in Nissan products at all? Because it never even warned me to brake at all, even though I have the thing turned on, and I have to tail-gate some slow inconsiderate idiots in Orlando, Florida who decides it's totally fine to go slow on the LEFT LANE and do 5 to 20 under the speed limit! And yes, Orlando is filled with these types of people, which is more than the number of uninsured drivers in the country! And not a single time did this even worked, in which I almost crashed since the brakes gave no indication that it was working at all.

Headunit (backup camera/360 camera/Audio)--- Did Nissan decided to go back a decade and a half? Looks like they did because the cameras are noticeable and super laggy. That never happened in the 2016 Rogue. And the audio in the 2019 Rogue, omg, it drives me nuts. I can barely hear the other person on the call when the volume is in the 20s. If its in the 30s its perfect, but distortion and those issues start to show because its near full blast.

Sadly, I cannot do any modifications to this new 2019 Rogue SV w/ Premium Package. If I could, there is alot of things on my list that I need to upgrade, because this was clearly the worst vehicle we bought. At least the Kicks was louder than this, and that had 6 speakers (same as this one), It's not even worth comparing this to the 2016 because mine has Bose Audio, and that's worlds better than this crap. Its actually sad that I prefer a 2016 Rogue over a 2019 Rogue, but nonetheless, both have the same lag in acceleration and are slow due to being underpowered (not enough torque and horses), and option to have better transmission (would've liked a proper set # of gears instead of a 1spd CVT).

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I don't think you need to make a separate thread but if you can keep it brief, I'm curious why you hate Toyota so much.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Let's recap the highlights of this comparison!

datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:25 am

I have found glaring issues from the beginning of our ownership.
The first thing that jumps out to me is you guys bought a lower trim level vehicle and expected it to be nicer because it's three years newer.
1) Lagging Backup Camera
Meh. Lagging how?
2) Lane Keeping Assist ONLY works with Cruise Control (ProPilot assist doesn't even work without Cruise Control being set)
Per the owner's manual: "There are limitations to the ProPILOT Assist system capability. The ProPILOT Assist system does not function in all driving, traffic, weather, and road conditions. It is the driver’s responsibility to stay alert, drive safely, keep the vehicle in the traveling lane, and be in control of the vehicle at all times."

Even the most elite bosses of tech read the owner's manual. I recommend checking that sucker out. Google it.
3) Speakers are super quiet (can't hear anything without volume higher than 75%, this also includes phone calls too)
Welcome to non-BOSE stereo. 1/4 the speakers, 1/4 the power... 1/4 the volume. Your math checks out.
4) Feels super cheap (maybe to the equivalent of a 2018 Versa S)... Should've kept the fake carbon fiber trim below the passenger airbag, not a huge chunk of hard plastic that fails to attempt as leather padding
Welcome to SV.
5) I immediately get back pains (its worse than my 2016)
Prob go to the doctor. Sounds like you're 18 going on 80.
6) Button layouts are inconvenient
So are test drives, apparently.
7) Why is the heated steering wheel part of the premium package?????? It's freaking FLORIDA!!!!! Temps don't go below 60F often
Because Nissan also sells these same vehicles in Minnesota, where temps don't go above 60F often.
8) Remote start doesn't work if I press the lock button twice (like seriously, come on)
Because it's not designed to work that way, per the owner's manual. So... don't press lock twice before pressing the start button. It took me two years to completely stop trying to shove my keyfob into a non-existent hole in the steering column when I got my first push button start. Kinda like how Subaru drivers have to push their keyfob buttons 18 times to understand if the car is in the desired locked state. (Seriously, why do all Subaru and Toyota drivers have to test the living crap out of the beeping feedback their cars give?!)
9) (not in mine yet, but...) Headunit issues present with this model 2018s to 2020s, especially with the OTA updates
2020 model isn't even out yet, and since yours is a 2019 with no issues, is it possible that this... isn't actually a problem?
I am unhappy with what Nissan did with the mid-model refresh, as it looks like they literally went downhill. I actually prefer my 2016 Rogue SL over this new 2019 Rogue SV, and that is bad because typically I prefer the new car over the old one. If we had the kicks, I'd prefer that over the new Rogue SV, to give a perspective of
The 2016 was actually the mid model refresh, chief. What you're describing is being discontent with going to a lower trim vehicle.

I'm all for throwing it in Nissan's face when they deserve it, but you got what you paid for.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

datechboss101 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:18 pm
(I have my own phone bill to pay!).
Telling.
Those who are calling me out for ONLY test driving Honda's, that's an incorrect statement!
Yeah, pretty sure no one accused you of test driving anything.
Please, let me know if I should start a thread on why I hate Toyota!
Don't need my permission! Fire away!
The 2016 has been under extended warranty since we bought it brand new, since we drive a lot on that vehicle, and this current extended warranty expires at 172k miles. I did mention that Nissan quality got worse to a Nissan USA customer service rep, and he said "I am sorry that you feel like that" or something along that lines, and clearly, they don't give a dang about their repeating customers, and it clearly shows. And clearly, they don't want repeating customers because I cannot find a way to change the name of the Headunit in the vehicle since now we have two Rogues saying "MY ROGUE".
What are you even saying here?
And yes my options are literally limited, because I they were my dad's choices, NOT mine... well, at least the Acura MDX we have, I drove it the first 6k miles before me and my dad switched cars (very disappointed that I didn't get to use the MDX, since it was very flawless and exciting to be in and very luxurious), and it was the car I choose. I didn't choose the 2016 Rogue, 2018 Kicks, and 2019 Rogue. The 2016 Rogue and 2018 Kicks was my dad's decision, and the 2019 Rogue was my brothers choice. My choice was the 2017 MDX, in which I wanted us to stay true with the roots of being Honda customers.
That's a lot of words there. Let me shorten that - "I wanted the luxury car, but Dad stuck me in the economy car." I'd be disappointed too I guess. Wouldn't know. My dad never gave me a car.
The car I am looking at is based on my decision and liking, and right now I got a handful of choices, since my parents saw my future that I will have 1 child (some random bs thing they saw on the internet and believed in), so I figured why not get a coupe or something that I will enjoy, even if its a money-pit machine! Plus, I won't be taking it to the STEALERSHIP!!!!
Things are becoming so much clearer, now.
Yeah, my dad sucks at buying vehicles.
No way dude. He's bought like 8 Rogues since you joined this forum!
Now back to the rant.
We weren't in one?

Lane Keeping Assist and Lane Departure--- these are epic fails on Nissan's safety suite of features. Apparently, Nissan USA doesn't even know why I need to keep CC on to use this, and they tell me to go the dealership to have a technician to diagnose this issue, and we all know those diagnose fees will be sky high.
Your Dad's under warranty, you dolt. The cost is $0. Go get it looked at.
Now, when I am not in the center of the lane, AcuraWatch (Honda Sensing) will bring back the vehicle the center; Nissan on the other hand, it won't do a dang thing till you hit the white line then it harshly pushes you back into the lane, but it doesn't know that it has to do the same dang job on a solid yellow line, which is a total miss.
I never ran into any of these issues with Nissan's line of safety tech in the vehicles I have experience with, but I was also actively trying to drive my own damn car.
Emergency Braking/Forward Emergency Brake--- What is this feature? Does this even exist in Nissan products at all?
Yes it does.
Because it never even warned me to brake at all, even though I have the thing turned on, and I have to tail-gate some slow inconsiderate idiots in Orlando, Florida who decides it's totally fine to go slow on the LEFT LANE and do 5 to 20 under the speed limit! And yes, Orlando is filled with these types of people, which is more than the number of uninsured drivers in the country! And not a single time did this even worked, in which I almost crashed since the brakes gave no indication that it was working at all.
From the sounds of how many near death experiences you have had since joining this forum, it's possible you are awful at driving.
Headunit (backup camera/360 camera/Audio)--- Did Nissan decided to go back a decade and a half? Looks like they did because the cameras are noticeable and super laggy.
I'd be really happy the cameras were noticeable, if I were you. That's money well spent.
Sadly, I cannot do any modifications to this new 2019 Rogue SV w/ Premium Package. If I could, there is alot of things on my list that I need to upgrade, because this was clearly the worst vehicle we bought. At least the Kicks was louder than this, and that had 6 speakers (same as this one), It's not even worth comparing this to the 2016 because mine has Bose Audio, and that's worlds better than this crap. Its actually sad that I prefer a 2016 Rogue over a 2019 Rogue, but nonetheless, both have the same lag in acceleration and are slow due to being underpowered (not enough torque and horses), and option to have better transmission (would've liked a proper set # of gears instead of a 1spd CVT).
Sounds to me like you should mod it until it becomes an Acura MDX. So then, you know, you can REALLY be happy!

Did we establish that your name was or was not "Nala" yet?

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

I think coming here looking for sympathy for a free car that was given to you is being ambitious.
There aren't many people on here that were gifted a brand new car (or any car for that matter). Most of us had to work our asses off through high school and college, buy (and work on/fix) our own cars (which is why most of us are here to begin with), pay our own insurance/gas/registration/phone bills/tuition/books/bus pass/rent/utilities/whatever.

I understand your expectations of a brand new car would be high, and they should be, but you should also know exactly the type of vehicle you're getting in to (as mentioned above). A lower trim is a lower trim... and ideally you should verify the way systems are supposed to work prior to purchasing and/or returning to the dealer.

I'm curious as to why you hate Toyota. Sure, they've made boring cars for a while, but I actually like the direction they are going currently. Many of their designs are more elegant than the rest of the industry (such as using dual injection to preclude the need for cleaning intake valves). Sure their prices are a bit higher than the competition, but so is their resale...

Sounds to me like you should grind through a job, and if you have a problem with your manager, do what the rest of the world does and find another job to go to before you quit. Then go buy a used Acura.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

RicerX wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:46 am

Did we establish that your name was or was not "Nala" yet?
:chuckle:

macgiver

Will somebody please explain "Nala" , sounds like your on to something -Fascinating Captain ! :chuckle:

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Nala is short for Naladude911, legendary teenaged Niconaut from the past. OG's see a few common minor traits between the two, which sparked some chuckles.

macgiver

:dance I like Chuckles , and Skybars ,and MaryJanes , and Bit'O Honey .....

macgiver

Could be similar to Guadalopticus-QuauduoisusByasssiepus ????? Back in the day?

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Uh, no. Nala began as a quirky, obsessive, passionate sex/car crazed high school-then-college kid desperate to turn in his virgin card and failing badly. Sharing far too much deeply personal info about himself daily, he fell into an increasingly annoying pattern of obsessively seeking dating advice, and ignoring it completely. Then he'd try something creepy, fail spectacularly followed by blaming everyone except himself. At some point, the advice was replaced by sarcasm and humor thus becoming some epic funny threads.

To be clear, Datech is not like Nala. But a couple of his posts did have an amusingly familiar Nala like ring to them. That's all.

macgiver

Send both a copy of Catcher in the Rye , twas a spectacular book I must say myself ? ! :blush:

Buzzman

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:48 pm
I think coming here looking for sympathy for a free car that was given to you is being ambitious.
There aren't many people on here that were gifted a brand new car (or any car for that matter). Most of us had to work our asses off through high school and college, buy (and work on/fix) our own cars (which is why most of us are here to begin with), pay our own insurance/gas/registration/phone bills/tuition/books/bus pass/rent/utilities/whatever.
Totally agree.
I was brought up the same way. Any cars I drove, I paid for myself, from day one.
I took out my first bank loan to buy a used Chevy when I turned 20, which my dad agreed to co-sign, and that was it.
I was on my way to being self sufficient. I was happy as poop to drive a car that I could call my own.
I paid off the loan without help from my dad btw.
I did the same with my kids. No free rides there either.

As for the OP, I stopped reading his last rant half way through. Didn't have the time or the interest to listen to a spoiled brat.

And yes, I remember Nala well. He was mighty entertaining while he was here.
He had a QX-4, and I have a Pathfinder, so we'd see him regularly in the Pathfinder forum, complaining mostly of course. What a hoot.
I kinda miss that guy. I wonder if he ever lost his virginity.....lol.

Cheers everyone.

macgiver

Probly partying with Holden ? :chuckle:

datechboss101

You know what.... Screw this rant thread, because either way, Nissan is just a horrible mess to deal and live with. But at least I'll give them where the credit is due, which is my 2016 Rogue has never let me down at all, even with the amount of abuse I'm giving it. And for these 95k miles, its just pure oil changes, tire rotations, Engine and Cabin air filters, transmission and brake fluids, and brake pads that were replaced. If that were some other brand (we all know the brand I am talking about, FCA & GM), it might as well be an engine and transmission rebuild, or multiple rebuilds of engines and transmissions.

Will I ever be happy with Nissan or any new Nissan at all? No, because I will always find some small issue and I will make a huge issue out of it. Am I now happy with my 2016 Rogue because how much I have to defend it from the amount of hate that it gets from jealous people that drive POS Chevys and Chryslers? Yes, because it never given up on me or left me stranded on these dangerous Florida roads.

Am I an arrogant 19 year old college student that takes more time to realize how messed up things are due to my actions than usual? That's definitely true.

Are these little annoyances that bother me and not anyone else? I guess so, but I can't tell because I am mostly the only one that points these annoyances out, not that the car reviewers don't. But I do drive a ton of miles on Nissan's, especially the newer ones, since we only buy new Nissans now.

And I definitely got one goal in my life... its to drive 1 million miles in whatever vehicle I drive (even if its "officially" under my name). Well, aside from graduating from college with a Bachelors, of course.

Also, for those that suggested I start a Youtube Channel, well I just created one, but looking for some interesting introduction music and clips. But the first video will be thorough ownership 100k mile review of the 2016 Rogue, followed by a comparison between the 2014-2016 MY Rogues and the 2017-2020 MY Rogues.

And of course, I will point out every small issue in each video, so it doesn't have its own separate rant video.

But if you all find this thread/rant entertaining, please let me know, if I did a poor or excellent job entertaining ya'll with my reckless rants (or however you guys want to put it).

macgiver

I think your on to something big , if you blast into you tube like on here , that's like an airplane takeoff.
But if you multiply this "stuff" several orders UP , notch it up to ten - hell we'd all like to see some fireworks , a trainwreck , 1000 yard stare INTENSITY ! I'tll be a JET aeroplane taking off .
You can do it , you got this figured out now , no more practice - nothing more to learn . Definately keep a link on nicoclub when your youtube is rolling! :yesnod
By the way what is you college studies , I mean your intended "field" , job endeaver whatever ??

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

I find it laughable that you're implying Nissan engines and transmissions are better than GM. Chrysler... maybe, although they've been putting the ZF 8HP in damn near everything lately, and its solid.
Nissan sticking with CVTs and the QR25 time bomb is just sad.

Buzzman

datechboss101 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:58 pm
But at least I'll give them where the credit is due, which is my 2016 Rogue has never let me down at all, even with the amount of abuse I'm giving it. And for these 95k miles, its just pure oil changes, tire rotations, Engine and Cabin air filters, transmission and brake fluids, and brake pads that were replaced. If that were some other brand (we all know the brand I am talking about, FCA & GM), it might as well be an engine and transmission rebuild, or multiple rebuilds of engines and transmissions.
I find it laughable that you think because your Nissan made it to 95K miles without a major breakdown that it is some sort of milestone compared to any other make.
Let me assure you, 95K miles is nothing these days. There are a ton of vehicles, of all makes, on the road out there with many more trouble free miles than that. You are not the exception.
I drive my cars a long time, and I've driven everyone of them well past that threshold without breaking them.
I had a 1988 Chrysler minivan that I ran up to 400,000 Kms/240,000 miles (I'm Canadian), with the original engine still running strong.
Admittedly, I had to do some tranny work on it, but not until the 200,000 km mark. Not bad for a POS eh?
And how about Honda's and Toyota's? They run forever.
Inferring that Chrysler's and GM's, among others, need multiple engine and tranny rebuilds well before the 95K mile mark is beyond a joke.
Your youthful ignorance on car matters is forgivable though. At 19, having driven Rouges, and not much else, you just don't have the background or experience to speak from a knowledgeable position.
Give yourself some time, like 30 years, and then come back and talk to us again.

Return to “General Chat”