Hxc_Nismo RB26 Build Thread- UPDATE 1/29/14

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
RRRRB
Car: 98 RB powered S14

Yeah 800whp shouldnt be an issue, I made 760 on 30psi pump e85 on 6766.. it easily would have made 800 if I had the injector. 6765 is a little less efficent but shouldn't have issue hitting 800.. most people making 900whp+ on 67mm turbos are on super efficent setups..big time ported heads, huge cams etc. And using the bigger H cover compressors and big turbine hosuings..

I didn't catch what you has done in terms of cams and head work.

HxC_Nismo
Car: 98' Nissan 240sx SE R33 RB26DET, 07' Nissan Titan SE, 05' Toyota Corolla

RRRRB wrote:Yeah 800whp shouldnt be an issue, I made 760 on 30psi pump e85 on 6766.. it easily would have made 800 if I had the injector. 6765 is a little less efficent but shouldn't have issue hitting 800.. most people making 900whp+ on 67mm turbos are on super efficent setups..big time ported heads, huge cams etc. And using the bigger H cover compressors and big turbine hosuings..

I didn't catch what you has done in terms of cams and head work.
My head has been ported and polished, gasket matched on the exhaust ports, tomei poncams type b 260 cams, tomei cam gears, 3 angle valve job with ferra valves, supertech dual valve springs w/ titanium retainers, super tech valve seals and seats, stock solid lifters, tomei cam cap studs, mines valve cover baffles, greddy intake plenum with sikky performance thermolator intake gaskets, full race response turbo manifold w/ arp exhaust manifold studs, tomei oil orfice, and head oil drain mod. Also im using a turbonetics 1.0 divided hot side on my precision dual ball bearing air cooled 6765 running 3.5" turbo back exhaust.
"

HxC_Nismo

well got a bunch done this past week...
had my tial 50mm bov flange welded on and now installed

setrab 19 row oil cooler brackets made and now installed

my carbon fiber drveshaft shop rb/s14 driveshaft installed with custom floor brace (thanks coolwhip for the hookup)

my jdm nissan window visors installed

my new nismo slave cylinder installed with new circuit sports clutch line, with a spec triple disc clutch it actually has a comfortable clutch pedal feel

fixed my small power steering leak from custom an fitting and also fabricted my front screamer pipe for my tial 44mm wg and heat wrapped it and installed

rear screamer pipe fabricated, heat wrapped and installed

I also fabricated and tacked my 3.5" down pipe, i should get it back today from my tig welder and then i can build my 3.5" midpipe and v band it to the rear part of my apexi gt spec exhaust since it goes to 3.5" after the resonator, ill post more progress pictures soon, i unfortunately hurt my left arm in a skateboard accident but its almost done healing. so stay tuned, you can also follow my build progress on my instagram @hxc_nismo :mike

HxC_Nismo

Ive been able to get some wrench time in on the car. I wired up and installed my Okada Plasma Direct Coils, installed and plumbed my zeitronix flex fuel sensor for my adaptronics, and also got my 3.5" down pipe done, just need to drill a hole and tig weld my O2 sensor bung so i can heat wrap my down pipe and get started on my mid pipe.
here are some pics of my progress at the moment.

Stay tuned for more updates, Follow my build on Instagram @hxc_nismo

HxC_Nismo

Well I got my O2 bung welded into my down pipe and heat wrapped with the DEI titanium heat wrap. Now i just need to finish wiring my flex fuel sensor, run my serial output wires from my wideband, boost control solenoid into my adaptronics, finish plumbing for the oil cooler so i can install my front bumper onto the car, build my 3.5" mid pipe and complete the exhaust, weld my fitting onto my intake pipe for the pcv to hook up, my z33 tien inner tie rods and spl outer tie rods, and my install and wire my tein edfc active and she will be ready to fire up and start the break in procedure and get her tuned. The car is on the home stretch and it will finally be complete.

HxC_Nismo

Finished plumbing my oil cooler, but leaving it disconectted until the engine breaks first. Also since I am running the Mine's valve cover baffles (so no need for a oil catch can), I had a fitting tig welded to my air intake for the vacuum source under acceleration so there is always a vacuum on the crankcase.

Since the oil cooler is finished, it was time to install the front bumper and lights and making her look like a car again.

Now just have to finish up some wiring and install my spl outer tie rods and tein z33 inner tie rods, tein edfc active, remove the AEM Meth injection since I am going to be running flex fuel setup, and lastly just top of the engine with fluids and it will be ready to fire up. The time is finally here, so stay tuned cause this project is coming to a close and about to hit the streets.

HxC_Nismo

She is finally alive, had a couple of bugs to work out but got em fixed. Now I just need to adjust the fuel maps so i can break in the engine so I can go get her tuned.
Here is the video that was taken today...
https://m.youtube.com/?rdm=1l0oglmx&cli ... SbGEYDWtv4

HxC_Nismo

HxC_Nismo wrote:She is finally alive, had a couple of bugs to work out but got em fixed. Now I just need to adjust the fuel maps so i can break in the engine so I can go get her tuned.
Here is the video that was taken today...
https://m.youtube.com/?rdm=1l0oglmx&cli ... SbGEYDWtv4
sorry for the bad link... here she is running and finally alive...
https://youtu.be/CSbGEYDWtv4

much more to be done but she has been on the road already, my fan controller took a crap on me so im going to wire it up to my adaptronics ecu so the ecu can control it, and my ebay quest alternator took a dump on me the other day so i had to pick one up from Autozone and replace it and now is working perfectly. Still have some more things to do but I will be setting up a dyno time here after I put on about 500 miles on the engine or so before I go get tuned. Also I am going to be ditching the factory CAS sensor and upgrading to the Ross Tuffbond Cam and Crank Trigger set so I can rev up to 9500-10,000 rpm and also be able to smooth out the tune so she runs strong and crisp. So stay tuned for future updates, I would like to have her ready for NicoFest at the Tail of the Dragon later this year. :chuckle:

RRRRB

10k RPM's !!?? i dont think you have the right cams for that much RPM

Alot better alteratives then the Ross trigger setup too. its Ridiculously over priced

HxC_Nismo

I'm gonna see what happens on the dyno, where it stops making power that's where I'll set my limiter at.

RRRRB

That's good, I'm betting you will be stopping around 8500 maybe 9k depending on cam timing etc..

We have very simular setups I'm on 260 10.25 cams and have a nicely ported head, it made peak power at 7800 and carried it to 8500 rpm torque was falling horsepower leveled..

HxC_Nismo

Well I got my Tein EDFC Active installed and wired up, this thing is very useful and handy for sure.

HxC_Nismo

Brought my car to Nocturnal Motorworks to have them finish my 3.5" stainless v band mid pipe, incorporating my Apexi GT Spec axle back part of the exhaust since it goes to 3.75" after the resonator. Since I couldn't do this good of a job on jackstands and no Tig Welder. It came out amazing and she sounds really good now and not that loud honestly, atleast until the wastegates open.

If you find yourself in the St Louis area, go check out Nocturnal Motorworks and right next door is JDM HEAVEN at JDMHOOKUP for all your rare JDM Goodies :bowrofl:

HxC_Nismo

got her all detailed and did a photo shoot enjoy :chuckle: :crazy: :yesnod :naughty:

Here is a shot from a local meet at sonics next to my old roomates very clean and well built RX7

Im waiting for my Ross Tuffbond hall effect cam and crank trigger set from my buddy Coolwhip from RawBrokerage which should be here later today and Ill be installing it tommorow and I can finally finish road tuning, break in my kaaz lsd, and set a dynotime here this coming september and hope for the best lol :ohno: . So Stay Tuned :slap:

HxC_Nismo

Here are some night shots from last night...

RRRRB

Looks great, i just converted to crank trigger myself.. That Ross kit is SOOO over priced its rediculous.. I made my own for 300 bucks total

HxC_Nismo

RRRRB wrote:Looks great, i just converted to crank trigger myself.. That Ross kit is SOOO over priced its rediculous.. I made my own for 300 bucks total
Oh I know but RawBrokerage hooked me up at a lower price so thats the only reason why i just picked it up from them.

Darius
Car: RB25DET S14 - 665 WHP (SOLD)

Hans,

The car looks amazing! I'm impressed with how far you've come since we met in Iowa several years ago. Looking forward to the dyno results!

HxC_Nismo

Darius wrote:Hans,

The car looks amazing! I'm impressed with how far you've come since we met in Iowa several years ago. Looking forward to the dyno results!
thanks man I appreciate it :)

HxC_Nismo

well I just finished the other day installing and wiring up the Ross Tuffbond Crank trigger set, I just need to finish calibrating it so I can fire it up and get her finished road tuning so I can get her to Sound Performance in Chicago to have Larry tune it. But since its getting late in the season I actually might have to wait till spring next year to get her tuned since winter is coming.
Here are the pics...

RRRRB

common man!! i wanna see what she lays down!

julio
Car: RB26 AWD converted S14

RRRRB wrote:common man!! i wanna see what she lays down!
+1 there hasn't been enough cool posts on this forum in a long time. Break up the boredom.

HxC_Nismo

RRRRB wrote:common man!! i wanna see what she lays down!
Well i am still trying to source a trailer and I still need to set an appointment with my tuner but he is about 6 hours away from my home.

RRRRB

Updates?

HxC_Nismo

Well the dyno date is going to be set this spring, she runs and pulls really good at 14psi (wg spring) but I am going to need new tires since mine got stiff from sitting for 4 years, so she doesn't really grip worth a s*** right now. But I am also saving to get new ccw wheels since now I can safely stuff 18x11 rear wheel with either 295/30/18 or possibly also 305 series rear tire since my rear quarter panels have been modified. But so far the only thing that sucks about this car is that it attracts more dudes then chick's lmao.

HxC_Nismo

Well here is the update with the dyno video. If you wanna stay updated with my car, just follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hxc_nismo/

But now down to brass tax, my rb26 made 755rwhp at 34psi boost on E85. And here is the video, enjoy...
https://youtu.be/xVSZFYsv9NU

Yellow4g63
Car: 95 RB20 240, 91 NX2000 VE power, 95 Stock 240sx

Power through your build. Keeping the race bread alive lol.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”