Hxc_Nismo RB26 Build Thread- UPDATE 1/29/14

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
julio
Car: RB26 AWD converted S14

Darius wrote:What did you use for an adapter on the suction side of the power steering pump so you could run AN lines? What I have done in the past hasn't worked out very well.
Looks like he had an AN fitting welded to the pump nipple.

RRRRB
Car: 98 RB powered S14

i was wondering the same thing.. i hate the angle that fitting comes out i have my hose heat wrap because of the manifold. needs to point towards the driver side...

I try'd Tig welding the pump nipple and it wouldn't weld at all.. I thought about tapping the bottom of the pump for an AN fitting

HxC_Nismo
Car: 98' Nissan 240sx SE R33 RB26DET, 07' Nissan Titan SE, 05' Toyota Corolla

Darius wrote:What did you use for an adapter on the suction side of the power steering pump so you could run AN lines? What I have done in the past hasn't worked out very well.
I had a Board member from www.skylineownersusa.com make it for me, so I am not sure man.

HxC_Nismo

Well I installed my master cylinder heat shield, and installed heater hoses. Ran into an issue with my map sensor plugs and had to order new pigtails. I will be finishing up my fuel lines, oil filter relocation plumbing and swirl pot plumbing here soon. here are some pics of the updates.

ls14turbo
Car: PIR -- Blue Emerald: FN2 1995 240sx
1997 240sx SR20

any update

HxC_Nismo

Sorry for the late updates, I have be continuously working on my car for the past week and just about to send the car off to the body shop for bodywork and paint. but here are the pics of my current updates. I also wanna thank Ricky @ http://www.rawbrokerage.com for getting me the parts I needed for this build. :chuckle:

I recently finished the fuel system and methanol injection plumbing and wiring...

fuel filters installed for easy maintenance
Injector dynamics id2000cc injectors intstalled, greddy swirl pot plumbed, upper water outlet polished

My circuit sports polished coolant recovery tank installed

new adaptronics ecu upgrade for my baby

Oil filter relocation is plumbed and routed for easy starter R&R

transmission is installed since i finished the fuel plumbing, also I protected my heat shields and floor boards with dei heat insulation tape.
modified my nismo r33 gauge cluster and test fitted it in its new home :cool:

Since the write up done by 300plus was for a zenki s14, I had to do my homework and now all the wires are marked and ready to solder and heat shrink into my car

Now just waiting on my carbon fiber driveshaft from RawBrokerage, nismo slave cylinder and I will finish the wiring for the gauge cluster and if everything works correctly, I will put up a write up for the R33 gauge cluster into both zenki s14 and kouki s14 since they have different plugs.
stay tuned, bodywork and new paint is coming very soon and then i will be building my new 3.5" stainless exhaust, 3" aluminum intercooler piping, and build a oil cooler mount and make the an hoses and when the engine is done and broke in, I will finish hooking up the oil cooler. Then spring of 2015 the car will be going to AMS in Chicago to get tuned by Chris Black, and if all goes as planned, I plan on driving to nicofest at the Tail Of the Dragon. Stay Tuned guys :wavey:

HxC_Nismo

Well after figuring out all the bugs the r33 Nismo GTR Gauge Cluster swap into a 98 s14 kouki, here are the progress pics...
Took me a bit since there was no write up for the R33 cluster into a s14 kouki, so I had to work from scratch

Everything installed and working perfectly

here is a link to a short video checking its operation, I also made sure and grounded the water temp sender(1 wire) and made sure the water temp gauge worked correctly.
http://instagram.com/p/t81DAVEwqr/

Darius
Car: RB25DET S14 - 665 WHP (SOLD)

RRRRB wrote:i was wondering the same thing.. i hate the angle that fitting comes out i have my hose heat wrap because of the manifold. needs to point towards the driver side...

I try'd Tig welding the pump nipple and it wouldn't weld at all.. I thought about tapping the bottom of the pump for an AN fitting
RRRRB - I have done this twice now and my results are mostly negative. The first pump I tapped (RB), I drilled too far and into the discharge of the pump. So fluid was going through the pump but the pressure was bleeding off to the suction side and never really worked. The second pump I tapped (KA), I didn't drill as far and it works above 2500 rpm. The issue now is that the tapped fitting isn't 100% tight on the suction side and I think it allows the pump to draw air into the fluid. When that happens, the pump can't pressurize the flow because the entrained air just compresses when the pump squeezes it out.

I think the best solution is to swap in an S2000 pump and control the pump speed from the Haltech EMS to keep things simple.

Hans - It is starting to come together for you! Where are you going for tuning? Are there any decent shops in STL?

HxC_Nismo

Im bringing the car to AMS in Chicago to have Chris Black tune it for me, the same guy that originally tuned the alpha 9 r35 gtr.

Darius

HxC_Nismo wrote:Im bringing the car to AMS in Chicago to have Chris Black tune it for me, the same guy that originally tuned the alpha 9 r35 gtr.
You want to pay for the AMS hype? They quoted me $400/hr for tuning and dyno time. F that BS! Drive the extra 15 minutes up to Sound Performance (http://www.spracingonline.com. Larry Prebis is professional, tunes 1000WHP 2JZ's every day, and he only charges you for time he is actively tuning! If the car needs to cool down or you need an hour to fix something minor, he won't bend you over and charge you for "parking" on his dyno.

Either way, when you come into town, give me a heads up so we can grab some food!

HxC_Nismo

Darius wrote:
HxC_Nismo wrote:Im bringing the car to AMS in Chicago to have Chris Black tune it for me, the same guy that originally tuned the alpha 9 r35 gtr.
You want to pay for the AMS hype? They quoted me $400/hr for tuning and dyno time. F that BS! Drive the extra 15 minutes up to Sound Performance (http://www.spracingonline.com. Larry Prebis is professional, tunes 1000WHP 2JZ's every day, and he only charges you for time he is actively tuning! If the car needs to cool down or you need an hour to fix something minor, he won't bend you over and charge you for "parking" on his dyno.

Either way, when you come into town, give me a heads up so we can grab some food!
I was told $300 an hour, but when I do come through town we can meet up for sure.

HxC_Nismo

Mocked up my intercooler piping today and got the hot pipe done, but the cold pipe is a pretty tight fit because of my oil cooler location but I am waiting til tomorrow to get that one tig welded.
Here are the pics of the current progress.

Here are the pics of my hot pipe all welded up and installed.

HxC_Nismo

Finished up the cold pipe, still need to weld on the tial 50mm bov flange and also a 1/8" npt bung for my Aem meth injection, here are the current progress...

The car will be getting towed to Goat's Body Shop to get all the body work done, also will be getting custom weld on fender flares on the rear. Also will be getting my jdm front bumper, jdm rear bumper, usdm kouki sideskirts, jdm rear valences and jdm kouki rear spoiler. She will be resprayed black and hopefully be flawless when its done. So the car will be out of my hands for about a month and then all I have to do is build the 3.5" exhaust modified to use the back half of my apexi gt spec exhaust, then I need to fix a couple odds and ends and it will be time to fire up and start the break in and road tune and tune in spring of 2015.
here is the last your going to see my body in this condition, ill post any progress pics of the bodywork when it comes.

HxC_Nismo

Well I swung by the body shop today to see the progress for the past 2 days and here are the pics I took today...

Rear Trunk lid had the factory spoiler holes welded up and the new holes for the JDM kouki s14 rear spoiler

I'm having the nissan emblem on the hood shaved so the car will be debaged

The driver side rear corner panel had quite a bit of a surprise from the last owner getting body work done, luckily I have a body guy that has had over 8 cars that he painted in car magazines
he said not to worry and he will fix it the right way so he can make some custom steel fender flares since pulling fenders never really come out perfect.

I had to replace the passenger door since the old one had too much mud under it so i scored a used door that had only a couple of door dings on it, I also had to order new door window channels that
usually tear or get really worn out and cause wind noise.

I will keep you all updated on future progress, I'm still waiting on a few parts I had to order to finish the last few things on the car so i can fire her up soon.
In the mean time I'm doing an sr20det s13 redtop swap into a very clean s13 hatch.

Also if any of you want to see any of my updates quicker, you can follow me @hxc_nismo on instagram.

Coolwhip
Vendor
Car: RB26 Raw Brokerage War Machine

Oh how I miss my S14. :frown:

But then again, it reminds me that it would of never looked as good as your build, lol. Keep up the good work man.

HxC_Nismo

Here are some new progress on the body work and some new parts.

Had to modify the under hood framing to clear my turbo...

Also having custom 1" metal fender flares done while still maintaing the factory body line on the fender lip.

Found some lovely damage from previous owner, luckily my body guy is a magician with metal work...

Picked up all the paint and supplies needed to give my baby a nice new Jet Black Paint job, she is going to look amazing when it's done...

Picked up a driveshaft shop carbon fiber driveshaft from CoolWhip from raw brokerage, it's literly only like 11lbs and can handle 1000hp+

Also pick up the new Tein EDFC Active to get the most out of my Tein Flex coilovers, it adjusts the dampening live by horizontal and laterall g-force and vehicle speed. I cant wait to tinker with this :)...

Darius

HAHA it looks like you are only shaving the emblem off of the hood in the first pic, and then you decided f@ck it and took the rest of the paint off! That is the most expensive and highest quality way to do it so there are no surprises later. I respect you for making the decision to spend the money and do it right vs simply respraying the existing paint. I cant' wait to see the end results!

HxC_Nismo

Darius wrote:HAHA it looks like you are only shaving the emblem off of the hood in the first pic, and then you decided f@ck it and took the rest of the paint off! That is the most expensive and highest quality way to do it so there are no surprises later. I respect you for making the decision to spend the money and do it right vs simply respraying the existing paint. I cant' wait to see the end results!
lol yea I intended for a full restoration of the body, I am really wanting to get sponsored and get this car on the cover of a magazine. :chuckle:

HxC_Nismo

Have new updated pics from the body shop, should be done and painted by next weeks or so, then she will be coming back home so I can finish the last little bit that is left to finish...
Stay tuned for more progress coming soon.....

HxC_Nismo

The car is now painted, and it looks amazing. Credit goes to Goat's Custom Auto Body in Columbia Missouri, this guy has a gift for body work.
Well now he just has to paint the rest of the body pieces and assembly and it will come home and get finish and ready to hit the streets spring of 2015.

More to come here really soon so stay tuned cause this build is finally on the home stretch.

RRRRB

looks great man, nice to see someone do it thru and thru

HxC_Nismo

RRRRB wrote:looks great man, nice to see someone do it thru and thru
Thanks man, it's been a long road but she will finally be done the way I imagined her to be since the first day I picked her up.

HxC_Nismo

doors are now painted

here is one of the doors after being color sanded and buffed

more to come so stay posted...

HxC_Nismo

Door is now back on the car and starting to come together.

HxC_Nismo

here is more progress on the body work, fenders, hood, trunk lid are all painted and new front windshield and old rear glass has been reinstalled also. He will be spraying the bumpers, sideskirts, spoiler and rear valances here in the next day or so and ill post them when they get done.
here are the current pics...

HxC_Nismo

More Body Work Progress, the bodywork and assembly should be done by next week. Then she will come home to finish he up...
here are the pics...

More to come so stay posted...

HxC_Nismo

Well got the front jdm front bumper and greddy front lip painted, just waiting to color sand and buff.

Rear jdm bumper mounted and will soon install the rear valances here in a day or so

I went to the shop yesterday and assemble the interior and installed my s15 front and rear seats back in the car.

just waiting for them to finish installing the usdm sideskirts and rear valances and the front bumper will wait until i finish my oil cooler installation and then my body guy will help install the front bumper at my house at a later date.
My car should be coming back home this week so i can finish her up, ive decided to get rid of my Aem meth injection and take advantage of the flex fuel option with my adaptronics and my ID 2000cc injectors. I will be also using the zeitronix flex fuel sensor, analyzer and 52mm Ethanol % gauge and adding a water temp gauge so I have a more precise reading since the factory water temp gauge is too vague. With E85 in the mix I just might break 900RWHP maxing out my Precision PT6765 turbo, So stay tuned more progress coming soon...

HxC_Nismo

Just picked up my baby from the body shop and got her home and she looks so amazing it still does not feel like its my car.
here are the pics enjoy :)

Now it's time to get her finished up and fired up, I will post pics of all the future progress so stay tuned...

RRRRB

900whp!! thats going to be tough with a 6765 gonna need 45psi for that power out of that turbo.. maxxed to the hilt!!!

HxC_Nismo

RRRRB wrote:900whp!! thats going to be tough with a 6765 gonna need 45psi for that power out of that turbo.. maxxed to the hilt!!!
Well like I said might but 800rwhp is what my goal is and with e85 I am pretty sure i should hit those numbers, I can always upgrade my turbo if 800rwhp is not enough but I am pretty sure it will meet my needs and wants lol.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”