Hxc_Nismo RB26 Build Thread- UPDATE 1/29/14

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Tylers25
Car: rb25 swaped silvia 13 coupe

So envious of this build.....

Shocker
Car: 89 240sxHB rb26/30

Good for you man, glad to hear you took the time to fix yourself first before your car. Stories like that are awesome to hear! Keep at it too, there's nothing like feeling great after a tough workout! (perhaps blasting down the highway in a RB is close ;) )

Darius
Car: RB25DET S14 - 665 WHP (SOLD)

^^That's exactly why I drive my 240 to the gym :) ^^

HxC_Nismo
Car: 98' Nissan 240sx SE R33 RB26DET, 07' Nissan Titan SE, 05' Toyota Corolla

lmao thanks guys, and i do plan on driving my 240 to the gym when its done anyways lol. but i can say that i actually comfortably fit in my 240 alot better now, then i did in the past.

Rustynuts14
Car: 1996 s14 sr20de at the moment ;)

Hey man did you have to modify ur 240 subframe or did you just have to do custom engine mounts?
Sweet build by the way!

Yanos_S13
Car: 180sx

HxC_Nismo wrote: interior
R33 GTR gauge cluster converted to MPH
Can you provide any additional information on this process? (The conversion from kmph to mph specifically).

I need to do the same thing with my jdm s13 cluster had been wondering how this would be done.

BTW-Nice build and thread.

HxC_Nismo

Yanos_S13 wrote:
HxC_Nismo wrote: interior
R33 GTR gauge cluster converted to MPH
Can you provide any additional information on this process? (The conversion from kmph to mph specifically).

I need to do the same thing with my jdm s13 cluster had been wondering how this would be done.

BTW-Nice build and thread.
I have pdf files on how to do it to the r33 jdm speedo but not the jdm s13 cluster sorry bud.

HxC_Nismo

Rustynuts14 wrote:Hey man did you have to modify ur 240 subframe or did you just have to do custom engine mounts?
Sweet build by the way!
I'm using Mckinney Motor mounts on my oem front subframe.

HxC_Nismo

Sorry for the late updates, I have just been really busy with my new job, gym etc. But I got some new parts ordered and did some interior work but here are my latest pics. I will be working on the car this weekend, and I will post progress pics up.

Prepped my Door panels to put in black suede cloth material to get rid of that ugly stock design pattern material it came with.

here it is finished not bad for my first time doing this.

I also swapped out my sunvisors with S15 Silvia Black sunvisors.
here they are installed.

Here is my new Triple gauge pod installed, now I just have to order my AEM fuel psi gauge, and ill be installing my AEM analog meth gauge where the factory cigar lighter sits, and Ill be installing a 12v supply socket in the center console so i can still charge my phone, Ill post pics of that when I start on it.

Stay Tuned for future updates :bigthumb:

opticnerv
Car: 89' Nissan 240sx SE

what kind of glue did you use for the door panels. I tried this with 3M Spray adhesive I found at home depot and some Pleather material I bought at a fabric store but it was a complete fail.

HxC_Nismo

I bought the 3m general trim adhesive spray medium hold from my local auto parts store and I sprayed the door panels and the material and let it sit for about 2-3 minutes before I started to install the fabric.

HxC_Nismo

well I got some progress done on my project. I installed my custom billet rear oil drain mod and ran the -10an oil return plumbing to the rear oil drain on the block that use to be the rear turbo oil drain. I removed my cigarette light and modified my center trim piece to hold my Meth Psi gauge. I will be working on the car tomorrow and getting my P/S cooler mounted and fixing odds and ends on the motor and have it ready to drop in. But there is still a lot of work but I will get it done. Here are the recent pics of my progress...

Stay tuned for future updates...

HxC_Nismo

Well got some more done today, I ran my power wire from the battery in the trunk. Installed my p/s cooler and ran all the lines for except the one from the cooler to the p/s pump. Finished all the coolant lines install under the intake manifold, test fitted my tial 44mm waste gates and removed the bumper brace so I can install my new front bumper. Here are the pics...

Power wire from the battery installed and routed under the fender liner.

Power steering Setrab cooler installed...

Have all the coolant and vacuum lines installed and ready...

Here is the tial waste gates test fitted on...

Stay tuned for new updates next weekend...

nismoplsr

Looking good.

Was that head drain bought on this forum?

Also, where did you find that power steering reservoir? Is it baffled and vented?

HxC_Nismo

nismoplsr wrote:Looking good.

Was that head drain bought on this forum?

Also, where did you find that power steering reservoir? Is it baffled and vented?

the drain I bought from a skyline performance shop in the UK, and the p/s reservoir is custom piece that a member on skylineownersusa.com built for me. The reservoir is not baffled and its not vented.

HxC_Nismo

Well I plan on finishing up wiring my new gauges, my aem meth injection and cleaning up the rest of my engine harness this weekend. My plans are to drop the motor in this next weekend if all goes well. ill post progress pics up this coming sunday or monday so stay tuned :)

Rb26kouki
Car: 97 Kouki

Update ? Update ? Update ? Update ? lol
Hope you get to drop in the engine this weekend hope to see some pics
Must record first start up

Beanstalk
Car: 89 240sx & 95 240sx

BUUUUUUMMMMMPPPPP HANS me liki some mo progress (pics are so fun to look at)

HxC_Nismo

Well its been a long road, but I will be getting more done here in the next few months. Lots of stuff has been going on with work and family so its been on the backburner for a while now. But all I have to do is finish plumbing the fuel lines and the motor is ready to drop in, and then finish the gtr gauge cluster swap, meth injection plumbing, intercooler piping, oil cooler mounting and plumbing, 3.5" down pipe and midpipe, wastegate piping then she should be ready to fire up so i can break in the motor, clutch, kazz lsd and then off to AMS for tuning in chicago. But I did not forget about you guys and I will document with much more pictures for you all here coming really soon. :) so stay tuned.

Rb26kouki
Car: 97 Kouki

Good to hear from you HxC. It's been a while.
Traded the Si for a Rolla?

HxC_Nismo

nah I sold the civic and bought the corolla for a cheap beater. I have worked on the car but i need to post pics, but I have been really busy lately, since winter is coming ill be able to get more work done if not finish it by spring if I don't get distracted.

HxC_Nismo

well I got a little work done last Saturday and put the front fenders back on, and decided to go with a billet battery hold down instead of the plastic battery box. Ran into a snag with the studs that came with my turbo manifold and a stud broke about 5 minutes after I tightened the turbo back on, never had that happen to me before cause it was definitely odd. So I put the full-race studs in since they have some nice lock washers that actually work on preventing coming loose. I had to order some parts here recently and I'm still waiting on them, picked up some Mines valve cover baffles so I dont have to run a oil catch can, jdm visors, and some other odds and ends. I am currently working crazy hours at work here lately and will be busy till the end of december. So I will be working on the 240 after work returns back to normal hours. here are some pics, not much but some progress.

Don't mind the clutter been doing alot of work in there.

I'll post more as progress goes here soon so stay tuned :dblthumb:

HxC_Nismo

Well my Mines valve cover baffles came in and I went ahead and installed them in tonight since I got of work early today. Here are the pictures from the work tonight.

old oem valve cover baffles...

here are the new Mines Valve cover baffles straight from Japan :naughty:

and this is what the Oem ones look like removed

Here they are installed into the valve covers.

Since I had the Tomei cam cap studs, I had to shave off a little bit of the e2, e3, I2, I3 cap studs because the mines baffles go forward more then the oem baffles. But no threads were removed from the studs, Just had to grind off very little so they would clear the mines baffles.

She is now ready to drop in, just need to wait till I work normal hours again at work after December, plus I need to borrow my friends cherry picker so I can drop her in and start fabricating my 3 1/2" Stainless steal down pipe, and I am going to be running a 3 1/2" aluminum center pipe using v-bands and I will be using the Apexi GT Spec tail pipe since it goes up to 3 /12" right after the resonator. I had one of my good friends from Boston Performance run his mid pipe on his Evo AWD swap 3g Eclipes (1 of 3 in the US) with aluminum 3" midpipe and it shaved of alot of weight and since the down pipe and tail pipe were stainless steel. The Aluminum mid pipe help just fine and he is pushing 5xxhp at the wheels. Well stay tuned more updates are coming soon.

HxC_Nismo

Well finally got my hands on a friends cherry picker and weather was actually comfortable today here in the midwest, so I was able to get some good progress on the 240 today. Here is the current progress and more will be coming soon since now I am no longer at a stand still. Here are the pics...

HxC_Nismo

Well I was able to do some heat wrapping for some oil lines today and had an issue with a power steering pressure hose but was able to get it fixed. Also just did some mocking up for the intercooler piping and air intake, also made sure I had enough hood clearance also. I have to order a couple random little parts for plumbing for the power steering and oil filter relocation and oil cooler.
but here is some pics of the mock up...

HxC_Nismo

Well my power steering cooler and system is all plumbed, mounted my greddy swirl pot and I just need to pick up some bulk hose to plumb it. Mounted the wastegates and need to mount my boost control solenoid. I also need to order fitting for my oil filter relocation and oil cooler, and finish my fuel plumbing. Then I will put the transmission in and start on fabricating the intercooler piping and downpipe and then it should be ready to start. Here are the current progress pics.

Stay Tuned for future updates...

RRRRB
Car: 98 RB powered S14

lookin good!!

Looking forward to your results

HxC_Nismo

Thanks man, been working on it as much as possible. I have not been able to work on it since its been pretty cold and snowy here and my garage space heater is not good enough if the temps in my garage fall below 50 degrees.

Coolwhip
Vendor
Car: RB26 Raw Brokerage War Machine

Looks amazing man, glad to see it coming together.

Darius
Car: RB25DET S14 - 665 WHP (SOLD)

What did you use for an adapter on the suction side of the power steering pump so you could run AN lines? What I have done in the past hasn't worked out very well.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”