Humming sound

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
John16
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX hatchback

This is my setup. I have two electrical fans in front of condenser. I have the original fan for the condenser as well in the back and then my fan clutch.
I think im getting this hummin sound from my clutch fan? Should I delete it?

NukeKS14
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
AC Cobra Mk IV Rep.
2020 Civic Si

Why install the extra fans in front of the condenser? At highway speeds they're likely little more than a hinderance to the flow of cooling air anyhow. I don't know what humming sound you're referring to but what is your concern?

Ultimately, my advice is to remove the extra electrical fans you installed and if you want to increase airflow through the radiator I'd get an upgraded fanblade like GKtech sells.

This is what I'm referring to: https://us.gktech.com/sr-ka-rb-vg-high- ... e-air-flow

Generally speaking the belt driven fan is going to be the best performer. If you're having overheating issues it's likely due to another issue like a stuck thermostat or airflow restriction in which case, throwing additional fans at the problem isn't going to solve it anyhow.

John16

So I got rid of the clutch fan and the huuming noise is gone!!!

John16

NukeKS14 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:42 pm
Why install the extra fans in front of the condenser? At highway speeds they're likely little more than a hinderance to the flow of cooling air anyhow. I don't know what humming sound you're referring to but what is your concern?

Ultimately, my advice is to remove the extra electrical fans you installed and if you want to increase airflow through the radiator I'd get an upgraded fanblade like GKtech sells.

This is what I'm referring to: https://us.gktech.com/sr-ka-rb-vg-high- ... e-air-flow

Generally speaking the belt driven fan is going to be the best performer. If you're having overheating issues it's likely due to another issue like a stuck thermostat or airflow restriction in which case, throwing additional fans at the problem isn't going to solve it anyhow.
You were right! I will take them fans off and get that fan blades that you pointed out to me. Still with the application that I have two electrical fans in fron of the condenser and the condenser fan still heating up. I will get those fans off....Thanks!!! I will post how it will work with the elimination of them fans and adding the fan blade.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”