Figured I'd put this out there for anyone who was interested in Sea Foaming their M. I have a 2007 M35x so, at the least, this would be the same for the 2006 M35. I haven't seen the 08/09 car so I can't say if this process is any different. This should give you the general idea though.
*Disclaimer* - I am not liable for anything you do to your car. This is just a basic walkthrough.
Note - I used this thread (made by AZhitman) as my template: Link
I took the pics with my HTC EVO 4G from Sprint (love this phone). End of shameless plug lol.
- Needle Nose Pliers
- 10mm Socket and Wrench
- Half a can of Sea Foam
1) Open the hood and remove the engine cover. The engine cover is held on by 4 10mm bolts/nuts.
2) Locate the vacuum line needed to do this task. It is located here:
[picture has been lost, the line is located at the back of the engine and goes into the intake manifold at the side, right above the coilpacks.]
3) Take your needle nose pliers and unclamp the top hose found here.
[picture has been lost]
4) With the hose unclamped/loose, you are now ready to Sea Foam.
5) I took the hose off the nipple with the car started and inserted it into the can of Sea Foam. This made the car start to hesitate so I had my father give it some gas. After it was done sucking the fluid up (half a can), we shut the car off and let it sit for 30 minutes.
This was the result after it sat for 30 minutes: