HowTo: Post Your Images In Threads

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Hi folks,

Lately there has been an influx of new members who seem to struggle with posting pictures (hey, ain't no one judgin :gapteeth:) so I'm putting together this little HowTo on how to post your images.

Without further adieu:

1) Find the picture you want to host from within the files on your computer. Here is what one of my folders looks like:

2) Go to a free image hosting website such as ImageShack, TinyPic, etc. I will be using TinyPic for this demonstration. You should see something along these lines:

3) Now, you need to hit "choose file" (some sites might say "browse") and find the image you want to upload to the internet:

4) Once you have your file selected, if it's really large you should resize it to a 15" or 17" monitor (between 800x600 and 1024x768 resolution. If the file size is okay, click Upload Now.

5) Some sites have security measures (to tell if you're human or a web bot) so you may have to go through those. In this case, I had to watch a 5 second clip to get the words I needed to enter.

6) Now, you should have the image uploaded and have a variety of options. What you will probably want to do is copy the direct link (or the IMG code) and past it in the thread or website where you are trying to show your image.

7) If you are using the IMG code, you simply just copy and paste that string into your reply or forum post. If you are using the direct link, you need to do the following:

8) In the editing tools of the post, you need to hit the IMG button. This will create the following code:

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
You then need to paste the direct link in between the IMG tags. Like so:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/314uvfd.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Ilya on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

06M4.5
Car: 2006 M45

Great job!!! :dblthumb:

I get this alot and I send everyone to Tinypic too

Most are also having problems adding pics from the internet to Nico, copy & paste doesn't work.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

06M4.5 wrote:Great job!!! :dblthumb:

I get this alot and I send everyone to Tinypic too

Most are also having problems adding pics from the internet to Nico, copy & paste doesn't work.

As Freddie says, If anyone needs to add pics from the internet (such as google images), just do the last step (IMG tags).

donnieb83
Car: 2007 M45S

AWESOME HowTo's IlyaKol!!!

06M4.5

This should be a sticky :yesnod

Ilya

It's in the FAQ...but yeah, perhaps they can add it to the very top of the sub-forum.

06M4.5

adding pics from internet is not working :tisk:

roiayiti
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35

I am able to use flickr to post links to my photos. However, I see some users are able to post the images right in their post. How is that done?

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

06M4.5 wrote:adding pics from internet is not working :tisk:
Not sure exactly what you men, but you must first actually SAVE an internet pic to your comp (like saving to My Pictures) before you go to a site like tinypic. Most sites like tinypic will ONLY allow you to upload from your own comp, not from another internet site. Hope this helps.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

roiayiti wrote:I am able to use flickr to post links to my photos. However, I see some users are able to post the images right in their post. How is that done?
Follow the instructions above from Ilya. Notice in the ending steps, tinypic will provide you with a URL for message boards. While posting on this site, decide where you want the pic to be, and cut and paste that URL right into your text.

like this:

blah blah blah nohphsapfhpeihfpha
(leave a clear line)
URL
(leave a clear line)
blah blah blah ahjdpahyp0dfy0wpfp

Minus (-)
Car: 08 M35x

I use imgur.com ......pretty str8 forward..no sign up just upload and copy and paste link

Ilya

Larz wrote:
roiayiti wrote:I am able to use flickr to post links to my photos. However, I see some users are able to post the images right in their post. How is that done?
Follow the instructions above from Ilya. Notice in the ending steps, tinypic will provide you with a URL for message boards. While posting on this site, decide where you want the pic to be, and cut and paste that URL right into your text.

like this:

blah blah blah nohphsapfhpeihfpha
(leave a clear line)
URL
(leave a clear line)
blah blah blah ahjdpahyp0dfy0wpfp
He means people attach it to the actual post as an attachment. I'm not sure about that.
Larz wrote:
06M4.5 wrote:adding pics from internet is not working :tisk:
Not sure exactly what you men, but you must first actually SAVE an internet pic to your comp (like saving to My Pictures) before you go to a site like tinypic. Most sites like tinypic will ONLY allow you to upload from your own comp, not from another internet site. Hope this helps.
I believe the IMG tag was broken when that post was made (back in April).

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

open a pic in flckr you want to post.
on the bottom right hand side of the photo are some icons - favorites (star), comments (cloud), sharing (box with arrow) -that's the one you click on
click "grab the HTML/BBcode" - choose BBcode
copy the very long link to clipboard
past it in your post in nico
voila :)
note that you don't need to click the "Image
Untitled by mjkotas, on Flickr

timothy.kelley86
Car: 2008 M35

I wish NICO had an "upload image" button like ClubLexus :dblthumb:

reggiebad1
Car: 06 m45s

Can send pictures and someone post them