How To: Ultimate z32 Brake Swap w/Lots of Pics

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

No you don't need to get JSK brackets if you don't use z33 track rotors. You just use z32 rotors with 30mm calipers. If you want to stay 4-lug, you will have to re-drill them to 4-lug. That's about it.

SleepyHB
Car: 97 S14

hey 94_240sx, I just recently upgraded to z32 30mm brakes, I'm running z32 MC with my stock fluid container and the car was auto so I'm running auto brake booster, anyway the brake feels squishy, I've already bleed it about 5 times... any idea?

94_240sx

SleepyHB wrote:hey 94_240sx, I just recently upgraded to z32 30mm brakes, I'm running z32 MC with my stock fluid container and the car was auto so I'm running auto brake booster, anyway the brake feels squishy, I've already bleed it about 5 times... any idea?
Let me ask you some questions.

- What brake lines are you using? - Did you bleed in correct order and use a clear tube? If you don't use clear tube, air will get in. Driver's rear->Passenger rear->Passenger->Driver- Are bleeders on top of calipers?- What kind of brake fluid are you using?- Any leak under the BMC especially where MBC meets booster?- Did you make sure 3rd fitting is there on BMC?- Are you using correct rotors for 30mm calipers?

SleepyHB

Thanks for the replied

According to yours replied the only thing that seem I'm doing wrong is using the clear tube to bleed.. how exactly do I use these tubes? I just had someone pump the brake while I wait for the fluid to shoot out then tighten it really fast, thank you for yours help.

94_240sx

SleepyHB wrote:According to yours replied the only thing that seem I'm doing wrong is using the clear tube to bleed.. how exactly do I use these tubes? I just had someone pump the brake while I wait for the fluid to shoot out then tighten it really fast, thank you for yours help.
If you attach a small clear tube to the bleeder, you don't have to tighten it really fast. Most of all, you can see air bubbles coming up and you tighten it when solid stream of fluid is coming out. I bled only once using a tube and never had to bleed again.

SleepyHB

thank you I'll will give this a try this weekend, will let you know how it turn out.

Rlmoore88
Car: 1996 Nissan 240sx

Great info, I'll definately be using this soon.STICKY!

SleepyHB

I got some big bubbles to comes out, the brake now feel less squishy but still doesn't brake as good as I think it should, I'll bleed it again next weekend as I'm too tired during weekdays, thx u again '94.

94_240sx

SleepyHB wrote:I got some big bubbles to comes out, the brake now feel less squishy but still doesn't brake as good as I think it should, I'll bleed it again next weekend as I'm too tired during weekdays, thx u again '94.
No prob. Glad to help you.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”