How to post pictures using photobucket

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
ShawnTexan
Car: 300ZX, Nissan Titan

Im new and it wont let me post links yet how can i get this fixed or is it just after i post a certain number of messages. Thanks

anneetee

Thanks Applebonker for a very useful post. Photobucket is offering us 2 GB of free storage. I'm afraid I have to give Flickr a tons of credit for their 1TB free space. But there is a thing about Flickr is that it's really annoying. Sorting my uploads become really difficult to organize. If you put your uploaded photos in an album then it's fine (in some way). But if you forget one or two to put in album then it's a total mass.

Someone please tell me about photobucket's organizing system.

AdeleM

Thanks for this helpful information.

roflmywaffle
Car: 1989 R32 GTR

ShawnTexan wrote:Im new and it wont let me post links yet how can i get this fixed or is it just after i post a certain number of messages. Thanks
I'm in the same boat. I would like to make a post on the classified section, but I can't put any pictures in. Is there any way that I can perhaps talk to a moderator?

sam369
Car: 2016 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If someone wants to post a photo from Dropbox, just change the 'dl=0' to 'raw=1' at the end of the link.

jonjon20xx
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

Im trying to post pictures from photobucket as this guide has instructed me to. but it appears to not let me post urls.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

jonjon20xx wrote:Im trying to post pictures from photobucket as this guide has instructed me to. but it appears to not let me post urls.
Try it now.

How-to Upload Images Using Imgur
How to post pictures using photobucket

1) Log into your photobucket account.
2) Click on one recently uploaded picture. (You MUST post them INDIVIDUALLY to NICO.)
3) On the right side of the screen you'll see SHARE LINKS (see image below).
4) Left click on the box next to IMG. You'll see a confirmation that it copied the link.
5) Paste as a reply in this thread. It's already formatted with the correct tags.
6) Click the submit button.

zhansia11
Car: 2011 altima coupe

trying to post pictures of my car, and won't let me post up from photbucket.. says i can't use url's...

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Make sure you're following the above instructions exactly.

You'll need to R-click on the picture and paste it into the thread (between IMG tags).

waynosworld

I would suggest warning everyone on here not to use Photolame anymore, they have changed there policies and changed their stance on 3rd party hosting, if you have not noticed all photos hosted with Photolame are gone and a box is now in there place telling you to update your account for the sum of $399.00, they then will put your photos back the way they were.
This is criminal and if you do pay them they will just think of another reason to make you pay more in a couple years, that is if they survive this change that came without any kind of notice, and they will do it again.
Personally I would tell all the members here to find another photo hosting service, imgur also has a no 3rd party hosting policy even though they might not be enforcing it right now so I would not go that route, as if Photolame survives this they will likely go the same route for the quick buck.
This is a quote from another site about this subject below, I would suggest not paying them and finding another hosting site.

Photobucket may make a quick buck from the unannounced change, as some members may feel pressured in paying up so that their images are displayed again on third-party sites.
I think however that many more will leave Photobucket and use another service instead for image hosting. This may be fueled by site-wide bans of the service.
The plan is overpriced in my opinion, not only because there are free alternatives available out there, but also because you may sign up for a VPS or web hosting account instead for a fraction of the price that Photobucket charges.
Even if it would be priced reasonably, and Photobucket has any right to adjust its pricing, blocking images without prior notice or migration options, especially since this was free before, is not the most elegant of ways to go about it.

Return to “General Chat”