– Install Replacement Rear Trunk Struts/Supports (2006-2010 M35/M45 Y50 series cars)
I have been looking for a replacement of new rear trunk struts/supports for my car for a few years, as I did not want to purchase used struts or Nissan Titan/any other Nissan model struts that *may* fit, but are not the exact same length as the OEM struts. For anyone who wants to replace their worn OEM rear trunk struts, I have found a great replacement. I have the liftsupportsdepot.com (purchased from ebay.com) 2006-2010 OEM size/quality trunk struts to replace my worn out OEM struts on my car. They are the exact
size/length and exact
fit as the OEM struts.
Picture of the Lift Supports Depot rear trunk struts:
Left Side is the OEM trunk strut; Right Side is the Lift Supports Depot trunk strut (exact
: 2 minutes for both sides.
- Pair of Lift Supports Depot rear trunk struts:
Link to Lift Supports Depot rear trunk struts (from ebay.com): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qty-2-Infiniti- ... 57&vxp=mtr
- Flathead Screwdriver
- *Some Muscle*
1) Open Trunk.
2) Use Flathead Screwdriver to push inside ball socket tab and use some muscle to pull the top strut support out. Shown here:
3) Use some muscle and pull out the bottom strut support out by wriggling the bottom strut support forward and back while pulling it out with all of your might. Shown here:
4) Install new rear trunk strut by pushing in bottom strut support in socket, then pushing in top strut support in socket. Shown here:
5) Installed rear trunk strut:
6) Repeat installation on the other side.
7) Enjoy your new OEM quality trunk movement!