How to install HID's through the wheel well. (DIY w/pics)

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
MRROLO150
Car: 09 ALTIMA SEDAN 2.5 & MY WIFE 08 ALTIMA 2.5S

Nice write up man... you have no idea how many people get hustled $40 - $50 for some one to do this for them .. lol if you could make a video it would be the ultimate DIY .. but have a 2nd person holding the camera.. I hate those DIY where it's 1 person (talking, working + filming badly).. Once again nice write up.. props

edgar691
Car: 2011 Nissan Altima

Please any advice!!? Everything went well. I got some Xentec slim HID kit everything works except that they kind of flicker. I tried a relay harness but didnt make a difference. Any suggestion?

mattyfo0z
Car: 2oo8 CVT - 3.5 SE

^ Sounds like a problem with the kit. I'd contact the company you got them from.

Just installed my 8000K HID kit I got from DDM tuning the other day, worked great. Oh yeah, after I installed one I turned them on but it wouldn't turn on :ohno: but then, I remember people talking about reverse polarity on here so I came back to the computer to check that out.

Sure enough, when I reversed the plug on the ballast, it came right on. Same for the passenger side. Anyways, I'm really happy with the kit. Just the amount of blue with white I wanted.

+1 DDMTUNING! :bigthumb:

nickrolando
Car: 2012 Altima 2.5s

Is this for a 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5s?

It has H11 Bulbs?

kruuth

Got mine last night from DDM and installed. Here's pics of the r. wheel well install for the howto:

IDK what the DDM kit was before, but the one that I got would allow you to plug in either way so you don't have to cut any wires. Plugged it in wrong once, then went back and plugged it in "correctly" and it worked fine. BTW, what's that plastic ring for?

mattyfo0z
Car: 2oo8 CVT - 3.5 SE

Pretty sure you take that off when installing. Wasn't it surrounding the bulb? I can't remember how mine was.

bigplayer2382
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe S 2.5

Yeahhhh I'm excited. I had 100% no intention of buying new headlights, and my next project was going to be to lower my car. But not being able to sleep, i was just reading the first 5 pages of this thread out of boredom and I went and ordered myself some 5K HID's off Amazon! I'm pretty convinced that HID prices have dropped significantly in the past 4 years (this thread started in 08). I bought mine for $60 AFTER shipping from a credible source; Amazon. Also it has like 70+ reviews at 5 stars, which means its been bought several hundred times without any bad cases (its bad cases where people come to rant about their problems). I'll be sure to use the guide to do it all myself. I REALLY need to stop buying things when I'm tired....

bigplayer2382
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe S 2.5

Well just a tip, the 'Clear View' version does NOT fit into our headlight housing. I spent i-s***-you-not, over 2 and a half hours trying to get the bulb in. I refuse to start cutting it up with some blade, so I'm returning it and I guess going to get another brand.... Any suggestions? I couldn't find X-light online when I tried the first time.

AlexN09
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5S

CalebMcanelly wrote:In the movies we can often see that some advanced technology are used to protect the important information and prevent it from being lost or people who aiming to get it. Seen from another point we can regard such kind of action as the security method for both people and the information and this is indeed. Right here you will know the desktop cell phone WiFi jammer can also be your best guard and have a good beginning here.When being serious disturbed because of the application of some devices, no doubt another kind of device that can help to conquer the problem and help you to gain the better condition is need and must be used. So now to gain the better condition, various kinds of signal blockers are invented and come into the market to create quality change for people. Such as the cell phone jammers, GPS jammers, wifi jammer, video jammers and so many other types of jammer products. And what quality changes can they bring you? Then you should be ready to see the following content.

What on earth is going on with this post...?

SlowCoupe08
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5

What do the ballasts connect to other than the bulbs?

AlexN09

They connect to the 12V Power coming from your car.

The old bulbs have power wires connected to them and the new HID's need ballasts to fire up, so the ballasts are wired first, then the bulbs.

novasteve

I know this is an old post, but does anybody know if this write up will work on a 2009 SE Coupe?

Just need to replace my factory HID bulb and all of this looks good.

Thanks!

AlexN09

Well I used this guide on my 2011 and it worked great, 2008 and 2009 are the same despite the front end cosmetic changes.

novasteve

AlexN09 wrote:Well I used this guide on my 2011 and it worked great, 2008 and 2009 are the same despite the front end cosmetic changes.
Thanks a TON!! Gonna do it myself :yesnod :yesnod .......save $70

Return to “Altima General Discussions”