How-to disable auto A/C on 1.8 and 1.8s cube.

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
D3stro

Hi people!

Ever found annoying to have the A/C turned on when you wanted air to the windshield or windshield/feet without asking for it? And after, you had to turn it off because you don't want that A/C and need it at all? Here's the how-to for you!

I was sitting on this for a while. Looking at the FSM, HAC section, and wanted to find a way to turn that feature off once and for all.I had done this on my previous Sentra too, there was a way to get it off too so I told myself ''There must be a way too for the cube''.

After reading the FSM, looking at diagram and wires colors, I've found it and manage to turn that auto-A/C when want air to windshield and windshield/feet position on the mode dial of a 1.8 and 1.8s cube with the manual temperature controller is selected.This is what the manual temperature controller look like on all 1.8 and 1.8sl and the modification was done.

Everything was done on my 2009 1.8S 6MT cube. It work just fine. Here's the steps how to do it.

Here is what you'll need:

-Electric tape
-Small wires cutter
-Philip screw driver

First off, get in your car and remove the 2 ripple hook (In red) and use the screw driver to remove the 2 screw behind them(in yellow).Don’t put the key in the ignition at all.

You will now be able to pull the cover by the hole of the ripples hooks.Be careful to not break anything.

The manual air controller got 4 screws holding it.Remove them all (in red) with the philip screwdriver.

There's 2 parts in plastic that hold the controller(At the tip of my finger). Press them down to release it at the same time.

Once release, you should be able to move it. You'll have to turn it a little to make it get out of its place but not completely. But it will be enough to get where the job must be done.

The wire we must cut is on the connector at the tip of my finger.

Sorry for the blurry picture, the wire is green/yellow. It is left to a blue/white wire.

Remove the tape around the wires so you can cut longer in case you want to reverse the modification.

Cut the green/yellow wire.Now you will have that feature always ''off''.

Now, just put tape on both cutted wire to skin them, and do all reverse steps to put back everything like it was before.Enjoy your cube without that annoying auto A/C.

But keep in mind to still use the A/C even in colder time once in a while and your A/C compressor should be ok.

Here’s a link for the video to show how it work now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYkqbs7f ... ture=g-upl[/youtube]

If any others questions, feel free to ask.
David

EDIT: The modification was done the 5/6/12, and 2 days after, A/C still work just fine like it use to.

D3stro

2 weeks later and everything work just fine.It is a sure and easy mod.

otto888man

Thanks for the Info. Does this technique works on a 2010 Rogue too?

Otto

D3stro

otto888man wrote:Thanks for the Info. Does this technique works on a 2010 Rogue too?

Otto

If there's the auto A/C too on the Rogue, it should be. But I can't assure you the wire will be the same. You'll have to look in the FSM which wire to cut.

otto888man

Ok. Thanks for the Info. when you said Auto A/C does this mean that when I switch it to defrost mode the A/C kicks in?

Otto

D3stro

otto888man wrote:Ok. Thanks for the Info. when you said Auto A/C does this mean that when I switch it to defrost mode the A/C kicks in?

Otto
Yes, either defrost or defrost/feet.

otto888man

Thanks. Where did you find the diagram on the FSM? Which chapter?

Otto

D3stro

otto888man wrote:Thanks. Where did you find the diagram on the FSM? Which chapter?

Otto

Since you got a Rogue, you will have to see in the FSM of the Rogue.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/

Return to “Cube Forum”