How to conect Ipod/mp3 directly to factory system 2001QX4 (bose 6disc head unit)

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
atraudes
Car: 2001.5 Infiniti QX4 4WD

Cheers!

mvmcali
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

Are you guys still around, still keeping the shiny side up? Help me clarify best way to hook up external music player...

thanks to A and R for documenting what they did..but just to clarify it seems like you two different methods? for those of us ( my 2001 QX4) with the 6d changer in the back... I dont mind NOT having access to CD player anymore and I also dont want to add a new switch to the dash... THUS ... can i simply cut the wiring harness going from the rear CD player to to 8 pin connector at back of head unit and substitue in the left and right audio signals of my external source (with impedence matching transformers optional).

im asking this because i want ot make sure that i can then simply select 'cd' on the radio and it will 'think' its turning on the cd player but it will actually be playing whatever Im supplying on those audio input pins . OR will the headunit get confused..maybe because the cd up and back functions are now doing nothing, eg.

Is this what rwardell did ?

Thanks! :yesnod

Micallen
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4 V6

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”