How reliable is the 2011 M37?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Hedgehog25

I have been thinking about getting a 2011 M37, but I'm a bit hesitant to buy one since I've heard so many mixed reports regarding reliability. I checked Consumer Reports' website, and they say that the car tends to be 20% more reliable than most cars, while the G37 is expected to be 50% more reliable than most cars. Why is the M37 perceived as being so much less reliable than the G37? Are most reliability issues attributed to features associated with the optional "Technology" package? If so, can most potential reliability issues be avoided by buying a car that simply isn't equipped with that options package?

Also, do you guys think I would be better off getting a 2012 M37 instead of a 2011 model?

I have also been considering a 2011/2012 Acura TL, and even though I favor the M37's styling and additional power over the TL's, I really want to get a car that I can be assured will be reliable, especially since I will be commuting a total of ~4 hours a day, 2 days/week for the next year. According to Consumer Reports, the TL is predicted to be 53% more reliable than most cars, which is one of the top reliability scores they've given to ANY car. But again -- I LOVE how the M37 looks, and I'm enticed by its reputation as a relatively fast, powerful car, so if there's a way to avoid the reliability issues that *seem* to be plaguing these cars, I'm all-ears.

Your input is appreciated...

mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

you state the m is 20% more reliable than most cars but not as reliable as Acura or the g I would not conclude the m has reliability issue from that data any more than saying Michael Jordan is short because he is standing next to Kareem Abdul Jabbar. If reliability can be measured and you want the most reliable [ or the tallest] get exactly what you want . I am not aware of a Acura or Infiniti that is unreliable, if you get more gadgets maybe more things can go wrong ,but the idea the car wont get you from here to there because it has a pizza warmer or soda chiller that might go bad is goofy.
enjoy what you buy and good luck mazz

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”