How much does motorsports cost?

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

AceInhole wrote:Yet somehow I've figured out on average it costs $75/min to run my S14.... (that is not a typo, and does not include towing, event fees, etc).
The D-Stock MS3 we ran at Dixie was more unfortunately. We balded the outer side of our fronts on 12 runs (rears were already toast from being the fronts for the Evo School). We're canning that car, too slow, too unrewarding and far too expensive.

Edit: I was including gas/entrance fees.

AceInhole

My friend Scott had probably one of the most successful MS3's before he sold it for his Miata (few tour/pro trophies/wins). IIRC, the MS3 needed a ton of shock and bar up front, as he was running 245's and flipping them constantly. I think I would've stuck with 225's had I built it, but either way I'd imagine it'd need a lot of tire pressure to fight the sheer mass of the car.

Scott pretty much gave up on the MS3 for the same reasons, though. The ES miata is cheap to run while being more fun. I built an ST car for pretty much the same reasons, as well, although I'm still campaigning the SM car for Nationals and ProSolo. FWIW: the ST car works out to around $7/min :P

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”