How much did you pay for your G-convert

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
ksyed0
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible

I bought a Pearl white with black interior and tech package.

I added the paint protection (including door ding and scratches) and interior protection (including tears/rips).

I got the car for dealer invoice cost.

I'm in Canada, so our prices are higher - I paid about $54K CAD, had to buy a set of winter rims (18") and tires (Dunlop GRASPIC) about a month later when my car started skidding around with the first light snowfall - $1,700 roughly with 18" alloy rims.

I'm happy...anyone get the interior lighting package?

MKS

pwlorraine
Car: 2009 G37 convertible moon white / stone / auto / sport/premium/nav/tech 2010 EX35 nav/bose/premium/

ksyed0 wrote:I bought a Pearl white with black interior and tech package.

I added the paint protection (including door ding and scratches) and interior protection (including tears/rips).

I got the car for dealer invoice cost.

I'm in Canada, so our prices are higher - I paid about $54K CAD, had to buy a set of winter rims (18") and tires (Dunlop GRASPIC) about a month later when my car started skidding around with the first light snowfall - $1,700 roughly with 18" alloy rims.

I'm happy...anyone get the interior lighting package?

MKS
How is the handling with 18" rims and winter tires in the snow?

Peter

ksyed0
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible

pwlorraine wrote:
How is the handling with 18" rims and winter tires in the snow?

Peter
Not too bad, the back end can still fishtail if you rev fast. Turning and braking is much better than the 19" summer tires!

My first time with winter tires and rear wheel drive. All my past cars have been front wheel drive, except my last Infiniti G35x AWD, which was GREAT in the snow.

Then again, we haven't had much serious snow here so far.

MKS

zincobro
Car: 2009 G37 Convertible White on Wheat

Hey all, I read this forum before heading to the dealership but got sucked into a lease deal because at the time (Feb 28 2010) I felt that the deal was pretty good, due to the snowstorms on the EAST coast this past month...but now that I'm thinking about it I wanted to see what kind of opinions you guys have about the lease deal.

G37 Convertible base with (Nav, Prem, Tire package, Wood, Wind Deflector, wheel locks); white on wheat color optionMSRP: 52,000Invoice: not too sureActual purchase price: ~43k w/o taxes, sorry numbers not in front of me

Trade in value: $6000 (or I could've put down 6k, so for simplicity we can assume that the actual trade in value is $6000)Security Deposit: $0Sales Tax: $1386.00 calculated at 3.15% on entire purchase price

Basically I paid $6000 upfront the form of my trade-in (this includes first month's payment, $0 security deposit, and $1386.00 in sales tax here in VA).Money Factor .00257Residual: 60%Lease term: 39 months12k miles/yearmonthly payment: $425/month

Sorry some numbers are approximate but still pretty close. All I really focused on during negotiations was how much I was paying upfront, miles/year, and monthly payment.

Any analysis would be appreciated. Hopefully future G37 Vert buyers can learn from this.
pwlorraine wrote:
I'm trying to understand this extra $1000 off business myself. I have a vpp discount code and Nissan called me this week asking if I'd used it yet - I'd swear she was offering me an extra $1000 off above the VPP A discount. I went to the dealer today and asked about this and they had no knowledge of this extra $1000. The deal with VPP A is quite good but if there is an extra $1000 around I'd love to take advantage of it.

Peter

dockswell

Joe, I followed up with the contact you gave me, and he graciously provided me with a VPP number. I bought the following car in Coconut Creek, FL:Athens Blue / Stone interiorPremium, Nav, splash guardsMSRP - $50,015VPP price - $44,421 (includes all charges except sales tax and vehicle registration fees)

A good, no hassle deal!

I'm loving the car!

Many thanks to you and the Nissan employee you hooked me up with!!

evaine45
Car: 03 Accord EXL-Nav (not for much longer!)

zincobro wrote:Hey all, I read this forum before heading to the dealership but got sucked into a lease deal because at the time (Feb 28 2010) I felt that the deal was pretty good, due to the snowstorms on the EAST coast this past month...but now that I'm thinking about it I wanted to see what kind of opinions you guys have about the lease deal.

G37 Convertible base with (Nav, Prem, Tire package, Wood, Wind Deflector, wheel locks); white on wheat color optionMSRP: 52,000Invoice: not too sureActual purchase price: ~43k w/o taxes, sorry numbers not in front of me

Trade in value: $6000 (or I could've put down 6k, so for simplicity we can assume that the actual trade in value is $6000)Security Deposit: $0Sales Tax: $1386.00 calculated at 3.15% on entire purchase price

Basically I paid $6000 upfront the form of my trade-in (this includes first month's payment, $0 security deposit, and $1386.00 in sales tax here in VA).Money Factor .00257Residual: 60%Lease term: 39 months12k miles/yearmonthly payment: $425/month

Sorry some numbers are approximate but still pretty close. All I really focused on during negotiations was how much I was paying upfront, miles/year, and monthly payment.

Any analysis would be appreciated. Hopefully future G37 Vert buyers can learn from this.
A couple of comments:

1. For the person who asked about additional $1k off, go to Edmunds.com and check out incentives for your 'vert. They have accurate, up to date info, and if they say the incentive exists AND you qualify (e.g. $1k off purchase only and you are buying) then you are entitled to it. VPP gets all incentives for which you qualify & qualify means whatever is posted with the incentive on Edmunds.

2. Lease deal--NEVER NEVER NEVER put money down on a lease. The reason for this, for future reference, is if you drive off the dealer's lot and have an accident that down payment is gone forever! Your insurance and gap insurance will pay off the balance of the lease, whatever it is, with or without a down payment. If you want to lower your payments, then use MSDs instead (multiple security deposits) or put the $$ in a special bank acct and make your payments from that acct--each month add the "reduced" payment from your regular acct to the special acct and you have accomplished the same thing.

3. MSDs -you can make up to 9 of them--each is the amnt of one month's payment. Like an apartment security deposit, Infiniti holds them and returns them without interest at the end of your lease, less any damage assessments. Each one drops your money factor .0001, which can make a substantial difference in your payment. If you get in an accident, it DOES NOT AFFECT your MSDs. Search this forum for MSD for further info.

4. Re don't put any $$ down--if you do a trade-in, rather than using that for cap cost, instead have the dealership cut you a check for the trade in. No reason they can't do this. Put that check into your special bank acct and proceed as per #2.

spider4re

joe603 wrote:Guys, you're paying too much!

We have numerous Nissan/Infiniti employees that can get VPP numbers to our members.

Let me know if you're interested...I just did it with my new 09 sedan and paid $34k with NAV/Sport/Premium + splashguards/trunk mat/trunk net.
Joe,Could you provide me with a person who can do VPP. I am looking to do a 2010 vert with nav/prem/wood. I wanted the spoiler but they said it was delayed due to "flexing issues" so it may not be available until late summer.

On a side note, I was thinking of doing the illuminated sill plates. Is this something that can be done without a dealer?

Also, my wife likes the remote start feature on our current car. Does infiniti offer this as an option on the g37 or do I need to go aftermarket - I think viper has a good version.

TIA

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

The VPP promotion is closed until further notice. It wasn't really anyone's fault, we just had a lot more interest than we expected.

nnylec
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan and 2009 G37 Convertible

1) G37 Base (Midnight Garnet/Graphite)2) Pkgs (Prem, Tech, Sport, Nav, Body-Color Splash Guards):3) Options:Wind Deflector

4) Overall price: $ 46,177

From Infiniti of South Atlanta

trincap

I just want to say that Joe603 you ROCK! I just purchased my 2010 G37s Convertible with: Prem, Sport, Nav, Kickplates, Wind Deflector, RSpec Brake Pads, Black Grill, Splash GuardsThe VPP code worked incredibly well. I actually got it for less then another dealer in Sacramento wanted for his '09. Using the MSD idea, I also got the money factor down to .0012. The end result? zero down24 Months (!)10k a year$580 a monthCost: $4.5k I can't thank you enough. The negotiation was non existent and the dealer gave me all the discounts and kick backs without me even asking. You'll have to forgive me for reposting this on the "lease" thread but the deal is just fantastic. Thanks again!

mtbkr1030
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

MSRP-sticker 51,565.00

Paid-48,500.00

newSpider4re

is the VPP back on?

notrhj
Car: M35x / G35xs / G37c

2010 G37 MSRP 52565
VPP D Final 47588.56 :)

derek723
Car: 2007 G35s

My lease is ending on my G35 sedan in October and I want to get into a convertible next. Does anyone know if Infiniti ever offers a "move ahead" type program where they waive your remaining balance on your current lease if they get you into another infiniti? I'd like to have the vert for the summer, but it's not worth it for me if I will have to pay extra to end the lease early. And how does that VPP thing work?

foxwiz
Car: 2010 G37 Convertible Tech/Nav, Black on Black

Just purchased G37 convert with Premium package/Navigation, wind deflector, first aid kit. List price was $51,015 and I walked out paying $45,800. An incredible $5,215 off. More than 10% off sticker. Almost walked out of the dealership but I said I wasn't going to pay more. The manager stated that what I was offering was $1,000 below invoice and said that they would lose money. I bought on the last day of April and they were hungry.

csriram45

Hello,

I have been looking at getting a G37 Convertible with Premium Pkg, Nav and wood trim for approx $50815 MSRP. My local dealer is offering $5500 of MSRP. Can some one tell me if the VPP pricing will be cheaper?

If so will someone be nice enough to share a VPP Code?

TIA
Sam

foxwiz
Car: 2010 G37 Convertible Tech/Nav, Black on Black

I think $5500 off is pretty good. Don't know if you can do much better but it's worth a chance. Good luck

csriram45

Thank you. Good to know that $5500 is a decent start. I might be able to get another competing dealer to give me $6K off which would make it super sweet. Will keep you all posted. Tks

newSpider4re

I have a base with pem/nav/wood/firstaid and spare tire for $45614. Does this sound good?

Is the VPP back on and if so can anyone share a code.

thanks

joe603

The VPP program rules were opened up in March for a promotion. It is now back to normal in which you have to know someone who works for Infiniti/Nissan to get the discount. But, I'm sure my guy in Atlanta Infiniti could hook you up with a great deal! He's already hooked up a few guys on the forum. Make sure to mention my name!

Joe Bordage

Here's his info:

Steve Pennamen
Internet Sales Manager
INFINITI OF GWINNETT
Main: 678-812-8500
Fax: 678-812-8599
Toll Free: 800-201-1420
Cell: 678-328-7945
[email protected]

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Just ordered mine through www.zag.com and used the american express option.
Im paying invoice which is 43k which is
2010 6MT sport (which automatically comes with premium) and tech
Adding these options increased price:
Illuminated kicks
Splash guards
FIrst aide kit
Wind deflector
Clear bra not the partial coverage, but the full coverage.
interior protection
$46,711
after TT&Land doc fee it comes to 50k

mtbkr1030
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

48,500.00 with 0 % interest for 3 years.

Tam950

New to this forum and it looks like this hasn't been updated in a little while. There was some great info posted here previously, any updates on prices?

Also any new information on sourcing a vpp code? It appears that Steve p no longer works at that Infiniti dealership...

I appreciate any help!

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

Tam950 wrote:New to this forum and it looks like this hasn't been updated in a little while. There was some great info posted here previously, any updates on prices?

Also any new information on sourcing a vpp code? It appears that Steve p no longer works at that Infiniti dealership...

I appreciate any help!
check out American express auto buying web site.

joe603

I would recommend buying an infiniti when they have a sales event. The winter one is usually pretty good...personally, I wait until Feb to buy cars. Salesmen are hungry for deals.

cmesurf

joe603 wrote:I would recommend buying an infiniti when they have a sales event. The winter one is usually pretty good...personally, I wait until Feb to buy cars. Salesmen are hungry for deals.
The best time to buy a convertible is fall time.

ATLcple
Car: 2010 G37 conv 7AT
Graphite Shadow/Graphite w/maple

For anyone looking at this thread in 2013 and beyond....these G37 verts are now coming 'off lease' and hitting the used car market. Mostly at "Luxury Used Car Dealers". These stand-alone used car dealers seem to have at least 6 verts for sale minimum, and some even have a dozen or more at one time.
To compare, the Infiniti Dealers usually have only one or two that they have taken in on trade. Therefore it was difficult for me to find the color combination I wanted, usually finding my exterior preferences paired with my least favorite interior colors at an Infiniti dealer. Of course, buying from a used car lot (even if it operates as a "Luxury" place), can be risky, you have to go in armed with knowledge and a strong sense of willpower, ha.
However, if you do your homework, you will find that these beautiful G37 verts can be found for $27,000 up to $33,000 mostly...and that's for model years 2009 and 2010. 2011's tend to be a bit north of that but also have fewer miles (usually less than 25,000miles while the 09-10's are mostly 30,000-45,000miles).
Overall, it is pretty nice to be able to get into an almost $50,000 luxury convertible today (late 2013), that looks almost new, drives perfect, AND is still under factory warranty for less than 30K!
We paid $28,400 ...before tax, for a 7spdAT car that stickered at $51,250. In our second choice color (Graphite Shadow), with our first choice interior (Graphite with maple wood accents) and 38,000miles.
We bought in the metro Atlanta area.
Good luck to all the people out there that are looking for a used G37 convertible....hope my experience details help someone somewhere.

Vee1
Car: 2012 G37 Sport Convertible

I purchased a CPO:

12145 miles
Prem.,
Nav.,
Sport,
Technology
Interior accent packages.
Splash guards,
illuminated kick plates.

In pristine condition that if it weren't for the mileage and the fact that is was driven by an Infiniti exec and dealer, you would believe it's new. Paid $42,000. Would have been less but it came installed with LoJack because the BMW dealer next door were getting cars stolen.

ATLcple
Car: 2010 G37 conv 7AT
Graphite Shadow/Graphite w/maple

Vee1,
Congrats on your purchase, Vee. I suspect you will love your new G37vert as much as all the other owners here.
Buying Certified Pre Owned (CPO) is a great and worry-free way to go, and yours has very few miles.
Without seeing the car, I might say that 42K is only a few thousand less than some of the owners paid for their new ones...BUT, you have a highly optioned out car there, you say it looks new, and it was used by an Infiniti Exec...so I am sure you will have ZERO of the problems others have encountered - assuming that company owner had anything addressed immediately if a roof issue or something popped up.

In the end, if your car looks new, drives new, and has zero future problems...then your 42K is well spent. Best of luck and enjoy the sunny, warm weather when it comes back around!

cmesurf

What color did u get

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”