How many skyline owners here?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Daidae

gsxtasee wrote:I own a skyline I just can't drive it yet... does that count as an "owner?" If so then I have a R33 GT-R and I live and work kinda near LAX in SoCal...

Yes?

So when are you getting yours?

2.7GTR
Car: The Car

He's in the same boat I am....except I'm about seven months ahead of him in the process....although that's all about to change...pretty quickly.....
Daidae wrote:Yes?

So when are you getting yours?

gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

well, basically, if I don't have it in the next couple weeks, I'll have my money back. My finance company defaulted the loan since they have yet to recieve a title in exchange for their rather large sum of money. If Mrex doesn't get the car out of customs and titled ASAP, the finance company will be asking for the money they lent to be returned. I am almost past caring right now. I have too many other things going on to worry about it. If Iget a skyline, cool, if not, cool b/c I'll have a good wad of cash in my pocket to go shopping for a 911tt or NSX or some other such exotic. GTR's aren't my only dream car.. just my number one that I can afford. a Carrerra GT would be nice, as would a vanquish, or Enzo... just can't aford them, thought I am kinda eyeballing the RS6 except it's auto only and I don't like Audi's throttle by wire system, I prefer a real throttle cable anyday.

novel mode off...

slidewinder

Exactly how painful is the process to get a skyline through motoRex. And has anybody used rb motoring?

gsxtasee

RB Motoring is still using Motorex to legalize their cars and have several in the process with tehm currently. I hear they are trying to work that out but no go yet...

I am currently in the process of cancelling my deal with Motorex... is that painful enough for you? I'm not happy with it but I'm tired of the BS that comes with the process. I'll just look for one already here.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Man sorry to hear about that. I didn't realize just how long it took to get the car through Motorex.

gsxtasee

my car is here!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Onizuka
Car: 91 coupe w/s13 SR20DET 89 hatch w/s14 SR20DE

for real!?!?! SWEET! pictures man! Pictures!

I guess you decided to wait it out with motorex :ylsuper

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

I hope to have videos and pics of it up sometime...hopefully before I go on vacation. I can say it was less "wait it out" and more "hound them every freaking day AND having the loan company threated to default on the loan for lack of title." There are some things that need to be done to it, but damn, it is a NICE car. Big congrats to gsxtasee on getting his dream wheels. Basturd drove it to work today, so of course I had to go out and drool on it some more every hour till he took it away for a long lunch drive. (Yeah, those saliva stains on it are mostly mine.) I assume the odometer is in km? If so, it's only got about 30k miles on it.

Onizuka

definatly start a new thread when you get some pictures/videos. I want to see this 500hp beast :D

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

:Werd

gsxtasee

ask daedelus for pics and vids.....

Onizuka

can you ask him to make a thread for it? Pretty please?! Since you know him personally and all :D

Maybe you could start a thread with your driving impressions and overall satisfaction?

gsxtasee

done

SKAGEE
Car: cars

Hi,

I'm a proud owner of GTR32 (90') GTR33 (96') and KPC10 (73')..

Good to hear about Skyline owners in the States as there wasn't that many people who knew or even heard about Skylines when I was in Uni back in 1990 in the States..;)

gsxtasee

nope, it got bigger as the importt scene in general evolved. got popular to me in mid '90s and got one 10 years later... got popular to most of the U.S. when FATF came out... still though even with the movie and the sequel, most people don't even recognize it.

Daidae

If you painted yours yellow they would!:D

SKAGEE

I was in Japan for two months early 1990 and came back to the States raving about the Skyline GTR I saw . Brought back a magazine with it in it and everyone thought it was ugly..LOL..I guess you can't blame them ,as I'm sure most of you guys have realised that pictures don't actually do Skylines justice, you'd have to see them in the flesh to appreciate them.

gsxtasee

yeah;I remember thinking red was the super hottnes on the GTR until I saw it in person, and it was quite possibly theworst color I've seen on it. I'm talking about the bright red color they used.. or it might have been painted. but it was fugly and didn't show the cars' lines well at all. The best looking skylines I've seen are the darker colors and my personal FAV.. Blue :-)

SKAGEE

Yes , darker colors tend to show off the lines better, especially when it comes to GTR 33s as their 'bulges' aren't as prominent as the R32 or R34s. But there's something about a gleaming white Skyline that does it for me..be it the R32 ,R33 or the R34..As for what I have , I stuck to the colors of what the car in catalogue came with..ie Silver for the KPC10, Gun Metal Grey for the GTR 32 and Silver for the GTR33..sounds silly but I reckon that if I'm planning to keep the cars,it'll be cool to have it in the same colors as the brochures.

gsxtasee

good point on the colors matching the brochures.. makes for a nice collection. That's quite a nice collection you have there. lucky you live in a place where these are available.

I plan to retire in my mid 40's and move to phillippines or mexicop or other place where the USD goes much farther and buy a little place and live off the interest of my investments (that I have yet to start). then I'd like to buy all the dream cars I've been deprived of here in the U.S. maybe even build my own roadcourse if there isn't one nearby... OHH and a GUN RANGE!!!!

SKAGEE

I don't know about the Philiphines but cars here are a bit expensive, (ie 1991 FD RX7: USD$ 23,684.00 , 1995 Civic 1.6 non V tec: USD$ 12,630.00!!!! 1994 MKIV Supra : USD$35,526.00.) So maybe somewhere like New Zealand or Australia would be best when it comes to cars..

Hmmm Gun Range....heeheehehee... only if they come with bikin clad chicks firing the guns for me...LOL

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”