How many of you are in relationships?

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
HongKongChick
Car: Nissan 1992 Flying Chicken

S13GUY wrote:"we are very much in love, though marriage will be in the future"as if its a definite thing, that would scare me lol
haha..i think when u r dating for that long, u already know marriage "is" in the future. and hey he is the one more into marriage than i am! WHAHAH

gabossie
Car: Your mom

Am I in a relationship?.... NO

Haven't been in a REALLY serious relationship in a long time.

ceniack
Car: 2011 PBP STi Hatch

HongKongChick is right, i know both her and her bf personaly, and you can kinda tell just by the way they interact. *shrug* just something i have noticed, carl is a pretty lucky guy.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I am in love with my car. Which is okay since she is most decidedly a female car. And she's sexy, too!

In all seriousness, I work a full time job (actually its closer to 50-55 hours a week) and I come home and sleep. Then I wake up, eat, shower, and go back to work. I haven't got time for a relationship. And since I'm antisocial in the most extreme sense of the word, under 21, and have no time, there is not much opportunity to find someone with whom to have such a relationship. I would not mind having a girlfriend, but I'm fine being alone, too. I've got a close friend who is a gorgeous girl who loves cars and is just fun to be around. That's good enough for me.

GoinBoostYey

vicki wrote:Two in the pink, one in the stizzink.

In all seriousness, take her out to a nice dinner or go for a nice hike. If all else fails, seriously, give her the shocker.
Word, Chicks dig the shocker..... in all seriousness though ive been with my girl now 3 years, we will probally get married down the road, but im still a little young for that I think. We met at school and have been with each other ever since.

HongKongChick

ceniack wrote:HongKongChick is right, i know both her and her bf personaly, and you can kinda tell just by the way they interact. *shrug* just something i have noticed, carl is a pretty lucky guy.
hehe hey we dont show much PDA do we? HEHEH

so what about you and ur 'date'? how is that going?

PS: dude, u totally missed out on that "group discussion" we had on wednesday. and no class on Friday just FYI. more discussion on monday, and wednesday is presentation! so u might wanna contact Dr. Li

JDMaholic
Car: 1989 240SX with no engine

vicki wrote:Two in the pink, one in the stizzink.

In all seriousness, take her out to a nice dinner or go for a nice hike. If all else fails, seriously, give her the shocker.
Haha, ya I treid that like 20 times with my ex, never seen a girl move so fast. And just cause a girl talked about the shocker it's goin in my sig

ceniack
Car: 2011 PBP STi Hatch

HongKongChick wrote:hehe hey we dont show much PDA do we? HEHEH
now that i think about it, you guys really don't, i was more getting at the way you talk to each other and stuff *shrug* could just all be in my head

QUOTE=HongKongChick]so what about you and ur 'date'? how is that going?{/quote]

pretty good, she came down and spend the weekend, and hopefully i will get to see her again this weekend.
HongKongChick wrote:PS: dude, u totally missed out on that "group discussion" we had on wednesday. and no class on Friday just FYI. more discussion on monday, and wednesday is presentation! so u might wanna contact Dr. Li
doh, i'll shoot him an e-mail tomorrow, and why no class tomorrow?

/thread hijack

quiksilvia
Car: 95 s14 se

me and my girl had our 10 months yesterday. we met in high school and dated for like a month when i was a soph and she was a senior. i worked with her best friend so we always hung out and we became pretty good friends over the past few years. then last nov. she moved into my 2 br apt and after about a month we started talking and like 2 months after that we knew we would marry eventually. prolly another 2 and a half years or so, but shes awesome. and marriage isnt scary when u know that person is the one. and she loves my car

HongKongChick

quiksilvia wrote:marriage isnt scary when u know that person is the one.
right on!!!

HongKongChick

ceniack wrote:
now that i think about it, you guys really don't, i was more getting at the way you talk to each other and stuff *shrug* could just all be in my head

doh, i'll shoot him an e-mail tomorrow, and why no class tomorrow?
yea we dont PDA much. that's just not our thing. i think that when u are in love with someone deeply and truly, u just know it, and u WILL compromise because u want to make that person happy so u will be happy too.

i always thought that we talk to each other like friends talking to friends. hehehe...

oh dont know why no class, he just said "research in library"

Drift Machine
Car: 1991 KA-T 240sx

I am in currently in a love/hate relationship with Jack, Jim, and Jose....

ambi05
Car: 1995 240SX

me and my b/f have been together 11 months now and its wonderful we're getting married after we get done with college and all the humbo-mumbo in-between

rousie13
Car: 2006 Nissan 350z Track Edition, 1997 Ford F250 4X4

Yeah I'm still looking for someone, so just looking around now. I'm in no real hurry, because I like being single and spending money on myself. I haven't had a girlfriend in problably 3 years.

w1ngzer0
Car: Pfft. i don't own a box

wow, all these neat stories. Never had a girlfriend so it's just neat reading all these stories.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Haven't had a date in lil over 4 years. Last gf pissed me off pretty bad, 3.5 year relationship. I have more issues than a woman and am a fat/hairy guy <-- not a good combo. There's might thoughts for this thread.

w1ngzer0

im just a skinny dork that looks Nothern Europeon :P

The Mic
Car: 3Z Wmb

I'm a goofy lookin spic =P

Modified by S13GUY at 2:00 PM 10/29/2004

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

In a relationship that, as is always the case with me, is love/hate.

I have this uncontrollable and undetectable attraction to manipulative women, and that gets me in rough situations. I'm just working my way through it, figuring out if I'm playing myself again.

I'm such a physically restless person that it's hard for me to be in a relationship, but almost impossible not to be.

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

Here's my story in a nutshell. I've been in and out of my relationship for 4 going on 5 years. She was 17 and I was 19. We met in a chatroom as lame as it sounds. It was meant to be an activity partner type of thing and turned into more.

I'll speed it up a little. A year after we got together she cheated on me and f*cked her ex boyfriend. Don't know why because me and her had some greeeeaaat sex, and I got ahold of her journal after that where she wrote she completely regretted doing what she did with her ex and it was the worst sex she could have had a nightmare about. She actually told me about what happened even though I already saw it coming. BUT PEEP THIS...

The very same night she was cheating on me, I was sleeping with a crush of mine too. LOL. I didn't have sex with my crush because she's a girl with class and respected the fact I had a girl and therefore didn't want to come between us. BUT DAMN I WANTED IT! So anyway my girl knows about what I did and I know what she did.

Fast forward to 2 years into it, she started talking about Marriage. She was 19 and I was going on 21 mind you. We grew strong and then I developed a crush on a co-worker. Eventually I broke up with my girl and started messing with my coworker. I mean I don't usually do the coworker thing but she was fine! My coworker had her own place and I started spending the nights with her every night for about a month until I realized she was a complete slut (this is a turnoff to me) and was extremely materialistic.

I never had sex with my coworker either (I have to connect with a girl someone to have sex with her), just a little cuddling and touchy feely type stuff. Then me and my girl got back together, things were good until she started mentioning some guys name all the time and so you know what I suspected...Fast forward to around this time last year. My girl broke up with me (I believe for the guy she started mentioning), and at the same time I met this other girl named Jessica. Me and her started talking for a long time and probably went too far without actually having sex. We probably did everything else but have sex.

Me and Jessica still talk a little to this day but more on a flirtatious level. My thing with her is that she was a Scorpio and I'm a Taurus, and thats a deadly sexual combination...and it really was!

Anyway around December last year me and my ex got back together and I was "officially" cheating on her with Jessica (which she still doesn't know about). Now that things have simmered down with Jessica, it's just me and my girl. I can tell when she has "other interests" because she is such a bad liar and can't hide anything. We're doing cool now though. I know you all are wondering why the hell we're even together but we have had great times and actually have a lot to offer eachother.

However at times we can't stand eachothers guts. I know in the back of my mind we aren't compatible enough to get married though I'm not sure if she see's it that way. I guess we're still together because of how long its been and how much we've been through. I'm honestly not the cheating type but I was put in that situation when she left me. When you meet somebody new, but still have feelings for someone you're used to, whats the right thing to do? I'd never cheat again because it just doesn't feel good on either side.

I feel that if I'm meant to be with someone then I will. If I'm meant to be single then I will. I've never explored what women are out there besides looking while they walk past me (lots of that here in Cali). I think it would be fun to get a list of women and start talking to them all at once just for the heck of it. I don't have any trouble attracting them what so ever, it's just my guilty concience that gets in the way.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

gniknave: probably a good thing not to consider marriage while acting upon "crushes" with other girls while in a relationship. Clearly you've been finding some Miss "Right nows" instead of a single Miss Right. Nothing wrong with that all.

IMHO some people seem more concerned in finding Mr/Miss Right and forgetting the great fun involved in the process of finding them.

I dated a lot of women before meeting my wife, and had a lotta fun and some frustrations at times. But just because those previous relationships didn't result in marriage or end when I alone wanted to end them, doesnt make any of them failures. It's really a matter of perspective. All relationships have love/hate aspects to them. That's what makes them interesting.

And to those that have 60 hour work weeks.That leaves 108 hours a week to have fun. I had 80-90 hr work weeks when I got outta college and still had time for a social life. Just a question of time management. Instead of buffing your already clean Nissan or driving it like an idiot in a deserted parking lot with a bunch of other guys, try occasionally going to a place where there are girls to meet. I met my wife at a department store, not a race track. Food for thought.

rousie13

At 20, I've come to the conclusion that I will never ever understand women, so I'm giving up trying while I'm still sane.

I was interested in this girl and she knew it, but she's playing hard to get(courtney)....so I started talking to other girls and going on dates with them and then courtney gets jealious and mad about it.

Then Breanne calls me an a*shole and an idiot, but then goes ahead to invite me over to "spend the night" If I'm such an a*shole, why invite me over?

I just don't understand their logic behind these things.
Modified by rousie13 at 1:09 PM 10/30/2004

w1ngzer0

^||

And thats why i never want to get into a relationship or be around woman. I'll just stick with my computers and trying to figure out life. Oh and mormons can go to hell..

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

rousie13 wrote:At 20, I've come to the conclusion that I will never ever understand women, so I'm giving up trying while I'm still sane.

I was interested in this girl and she knew it, but she's playing hard to get(courtney)....so I started talking to other girls and going on dates with them and then courtney gets jealious and mad about it.

Then Breanne calls me an a*shole and an idiot, but then goes ahead to invite me over to "spend the night" If I'm such an a*shole, why invite me over.

I just don't understand their logic behind these things.
Easy, really:1. Women like a**holes2. Women like to hate men their attracted to3. see 2- the more she hates you/ says stupid **** at you, etc, the more she likes you...

Oddly enough, being waffly about a relationship makes girls work a lot harder for it... and I hate to sound like a total bastard, but if you cheat, she'll work harder to please... women always think it's their fault.

*NOTE* I do not promote nor condone cheating. I think it is outright disrespectful. The one thing I'd take back about my current relationship for sure is my brief cheat.

rousie13

And I tell Breanne about what's going on with other girls(hence the as*hole comment), but she still wants me to come over. If a girl was telling me about what happened with other guys, I wouldn't want to invite her over.

Then theres Casie, who has a boyfriend. She would laugh at everything I'd say and send other signs she was interested. I called her up before I knew she had a boyfriend and she agreed to come over to watch a movie at 11pm. I then precede to put the moves on her and she's like I have a bf, but I still want to hang out with you and go out. wtf

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Brett: Women are actually pretty easy to understand, you just need to listen and tune in to them. For example Im sure you know most women say that men are after just one thing. (well, in many cases they're right -ahem) I see Courtney's hard to get ploy as simply wanting to know if you were looking at her as something more than boink material. Well, she got her answer when she resisted and you then started hitting on her girlfriends. In your view, you see nothing wrong. You asked, she resisted, you move on to her girlfriend. In her view, you probably gave the impression as a horny guy looking to get laid, and that she wasn't special enough to try again or get to know her better. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, but if you thought about from her view, your actions may not have given her much cause to want you as a boyfriend. Make sense?

As far as name calling, my wife called me a rude pig on our third date. I replied I wasn't rude. We ended up getting married a few months later. Name calling is significant only if you let become significant. Good luck and Cherchez la femme.

rousie13

I see your point on that situation. But I mean when I ask a girl to do something and her response is it's a school night, I can't, I get tired of that response quickly and just give up and move on. I mean thats something people say when they're in middle school. She's a nice girl, but I'm not into head games and such right now when I'm just looking to have fun and enjoy myself.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I don't think you did anything wrong, but you gotta realize some girls require more work than others. You can't apply the typical guy black/white yes/no logic to most girls. You know they're not like that. Gotta listen to her signals a little more closely. It didn't sound like she said no and reached for her can o'mace, you said she replied not on a school night. That tells me the door was left open for you to try again, perhaps over a weekend. Hard-to-get is not a no. It's could easily be a yes, but not now. Of course you might have hurt your chances on a second shot by hitting on her girlfriends. My advice is if you when find another girl you feel is worth pursuing, you gotta have patience and a little persistence. Trust me it'll pay off for you.

I can also tell you that that hard-to-get and mind games middle school stuff continues into adulthood. You can never take a woman for granted. Marriage will teach you that.

Good luck

JustinStrife
Car: '99 FRC. 402, Vortech T-Trim @ 12psi = 706rwhp/621rwtq

You must not live in California, Bubba1. Here you can't understand what they're thinking or what their intentions are, cause they haven't figured that out either. Depends on alot of things really when trying to figure out the opposite sex. California = bad karma for relationships for alot of people.

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

JustinStrife wrote:You must not live in California, Bubba1. Here you can't understand what they're thinking or what their intentions are, cause they haven't figured that out either. Depends on alot of things really when trying to figure out the opposite sex. California = bad karma for relationships for alot of people.
I second that

Return to “General Chat”