CHATROOM: Battery Replacement, Life Span, etc

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

bassinbill42 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:26 pm
I drive a 2013 Nissan Rogue SV AWD and I am wondering something. The Battery that is recommended for the car is a series 35 battery. The battery tray looks like it can accommodate a larger battery. What Series battery can one install into this vehicle?
It looks like no one has answered this question, even though it's been asked before. As far as I could find, the following quote is the closest answer, and unfortunately there's no followup.
minibus4 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:24 pm
Scooter71 wrote:And remeber, when adding amplifier's your chargeing system will take a beaten. I would upgrade your battery to an optimum yellow or red top. I would also add a 1.0f capicitor to the sub box/sub amp. It'll help take the load off the stock battery.

Definitely upgrade your battery, get the biggest battery size you can get. The battery pan allows for a bigger battery that is an inch longer than stock size :). I cant remember what size the bigger battery was but I'll find out if you still want to know. When I was running with the stock battery and 2000rms for 2 12's, the car would jerk to the beat of the subs and would dim my headlights. Now with the bigger battery (Auto Zone equivalent or better to Optima's yellow top), the car runs much more smoother and I cant even notice any dimming of the lights. Next On my list is to get a 1f cap and a Bluetooth obdII module so I can monitor the voltage(probably don't need it but its cool to have).

Sigster

Based on this post (for 2008 Rogue)
post6430512.html#p6430512
and some measuring to make sure,
I bought a 24F Interstate battery at Costco, fits fine.
Don't know if 2013 Rogue has the same size battery tray.

Interstate
Fitm.Code 23
GroupSize 24F
Item# 850232
CCA 700

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Ok I got anal with my ocd. So I traded the size 35 I bought last Wednesday and just now exchanged it for the 24f. Also dated 11/20. :bigthumb:

bassinbill42
Car: 2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab V6

Great job.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Just thought I show a side by side comparison. I needed a bigger battery because of all my electrical accessories. My Optima yellow top failed after 3 years on a optima 400 charger/maintainer used everyday. FAIL. So I bought a duralast like the one in my Camry going 6 years strong that was neglected really. But working to this day. :cool:

Size 35

Size 24F. Nice and snug. Perfect fit. More power!

Return to “Rogue Forum”