How empty is empty on a digital gauge?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Derango
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Package

If you hold it down it'll reset the trip odometer. Don't hold it down when you push. Sounds like you're holding it too long.

philipa_240sx

The trip computer (Outside temp, DTE, MPG, etc but NO tire pressures) is only available as part of the Premium Package. Do you have this option?

From Nissan USA:
# High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon headlights with manual headlight levelizer# Intelligent Key keyless entry and ignition system
# Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System# Xtronic CVT™ with manual shift mode including steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
# Tow hitch pre-wiring
# Fog lights
# Digital Bose® audio system with AM/FM/in-dash 6-CD changer Eight speakers, including Nd® Richbass® woofer# MP3/WMA CD playback capability# Radio Data System (RDS)
# XM® Satellite Radio¹
# Speed-sensitive audio volume
# Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
# Drive computer (mpg, distance to empty, average speed and elapsed time)
# Outside temperature display
# Fold-down front passenger seat
# Driver seatback pocket# Center console with dual-level storage tray
# Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
# Interior accent lights
# Luggage side hooks (two)
# Retractable cargo cover
# Rear foldable cargo organizer

DavidNJCPA
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

OK. I do not think I have this package. Did not know this.

Seems strange it would be in a higher package... It is pretty standard in most 08 models I have seen.

Thanks for the help.

David

mx6bfast
Car: 08 Rogue SL FWD

I still had a bar left and filled up with 17.826 gallons yesterday. I've gotten 16.xx before, but not this much.

dvo2000
Car: White Rouge SL AWD PP

Take 5 gal gas can and fills in the same gas station! In Brooklyn, NY on one gas station in 16gal tank they put 18gal!!!

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

dvo2000 wrote:Take 5 gal gas can and fills in the same gas station! In Brooklyn, NY on one gas station in 16gal tank they put 18gal!!!
Yep... I did a similar experiment last weekend.. (although not intentionally) I filled a 5 gallon gas and it to took 5.9 gallons. I told the guy working the station and he said he had no idea who to call… or how to explain the situation. I tried telling him I was being charged for more gas than I was purchasing (a indication the station is ripping me off) ... saying the pump was not properly calibrated (at least not to the benefit of the consumer) but he just shrugged his shoulders (just a kid working part time)

NET: A high-volume station that routinely sells a little less than a gallon could easily rake in around $50,000 a year extra - for gas you never get.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories...shtml

rouge-rogue
Car: 09 Nissan Rogue S AWD

Yes sadly this is the case from 50% of the gas station out there. For example in Vancouver I always go to this gas station even though its farther because I know that it dispenses the correct volume of gasoline. When I refill my gas container for my lawn mower I always re-check if the volume is correct.

If you are getting more gasoline than what your tank should hold, I would be very wary of that gas station and try another one next time.

koskow
Car: Nissan Rogue SL 2008

I could be wrong, but there is also the fuel line, which could hold a gallon or so. That won't be counted in the reading from the fuel gauge. So if you get 68 liters (17.96 gallons) - you were probably tapping out the fuel line.

philipa_240sx

Welcome to the NICOClub Rogue Forums koskow!

You've bumped a pretty old thread here.

One issue with the '1 gallon gas line' theory:

The fuel pump is located in the tank. Since the pump is unable to move air, you would not be able to use the fuel the in line... the engine would stall first. Unless you drained the fuel line by hand, there would be no way to replace the fuel in contains when you fill up.

Return to “Rogue Forum”