NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Which black one? There are 3.

yokota180sx
Car: 1997 Stagea RS4, r34 front

what hte **** are you talking about?are you one of those idiots that think a light up plate means something?
KUILLIN_DRIFTER wrote:nice license plate on that black whip! Someone got into trouble.

jspec603
Car: 92 verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Yo Grant. Had a quick question for ya. How hard do you suppose it would be to find a set of Emitz with a decent sizing and offset for a 240? Say like a 9 front and 10 rear? I know you've got the whole Upgarage thing going on Z, it just seems like less traffic here to ask the question! LOL

You guys can hate on it if you want, but I'm gonna do my damnedest to pull off a VIP vert. Unless Grant ships me that Cedric no charge?!

yokota180sx

should have bought my old ones

chances are like 2%

jspec603

Crap... But weren't yours a little too aggressive on the neg. offset? I don't remember your specs. Anyways, when the time comes I'll be calling, emailing or PMing you for a decent setup. Pretty sure I have a buyer in line already for my old wheels. Need to find someone to grab the old kit so I can move on to the desired look.

yokota180sx

you WONT find emitz

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Why is that Grant?

SikNLow
Car: '03 G35 Sedan - VIPstyle, 72 Datto 510 2 dr with 12a rotary

Not
yokota180sx wrote:you WONT find emitz
only will you NOT find emitz, since they are the hardest OG wheels to find, but you will never have a VIP Vert all you will have is anice 240 Vert that wants to be VIP without acheiving it.

jspec603

Hey Grant, maybe my message was not clear enough. I was trying to imply that I would like to get some wheels from you when the time comes. They don't have to be Emitz. I guess I just wrote that wrong or you took it wrong or both.
SikNLow wrote:Not only will you NOT find emitz, since they are the hardest OG wheels to find, but you will never have a VIP Vert all you will have is anice 240 Vert that wants to be VIP without acheiving it.
And do you say this because it is not a 4klb sedan? Im not trying to get into a pissing match here, but for the record Panda Garage just sold a set. Anyways, Sorry to step on your toes SiKnLoW yO. I didn't know you were so adept in the knowledge of what is and is not VIP/Bippu. There are a lot of different platforms used to acheive the VIP look. Perhaps when I am done the vert I will do up my girls Versa and call it VIP and pull it off too.

Moving on. Grant, I would like to do business with you as soon as I find a decent set of wheels for the vert.

SikNLow

jspec603 wrote:And do you say this because it is not a 4klb sedan? Im not trying to get into a pissing match here, but for the record Panda Garage just sold a set. Anyways, Sorry to step on your toes SiKnLoW yO. I didn't know you were so adept in the knowledge of what is and is not VIP/Bippu. There are a lot of different platforms used to acheive the VIP look. Perhaps when I am done the vert I will do up my girls Versa and call it VIP and pull it off too.
hahahahahaha that was funny, and the fact that you used the word "Bippu" really tells me how cool you are and why this argument is over bandwagon boy hahahahahahahahaha i know i know build the community.

Look your interest is admirable but at least start right and not halfa$$ backwards on this journey. Please, take it as advice and no need to get sand in your pants i'm actually trying to help whether you know it or not.

jspec603

Hardly a bandwagon boy my friend. Bippu is a perfectly acceptable term to describe the VIP look. I don't know why you find that so funny. I'll apologize that I don't have a G sedan on crappy air suspension. And yes, I will be/have been looking for a nice G50 or Y33. Just so happens that there are not many in this general area that are worth a second look. Another thing, your not talking to a child. As a matter of fact, from your last response I would never guess that your 32 years old. I would have put you at an immature early 20's. Further more, you have no idea what type of cars we build at our shop here in the woods of NH. Any-who, this was a perfectly fine thread before this, so lets get back on track.

On a side note, at least you chose a decent wheel.

WidebodyZ
Car: X300 LWB Vanden Plas / W203 C240 Luxury Sedan

There is no such thing as "Bee Poo"...it's a word created by AMERICANS who fail at the Japanese language and flail their arms around with Babelfish translator trying to be gaydee' em. But yah, it's pronounced "vip" as in: sounds like whip.

Only big body 4 door luxury sedans are vip. That's like getting a tricycle and calling it a drift car...but hey, they have Big Wheels and those had an e-brake!!! Wait, does that make them donk then since they also have a big over-sized wheel on them? See how dumb that sounds?

Do a little research on vip and the history and culture that surrounds it. After you do and get a grasp for it..you'll see how silly what you say sounds like.

SikNLow

I'm thinking someone's been reading from the magazine rack at autozone or pepboys..... hahahahahaha i love Super Street!!!

jspec603

WidebodyZ wrote:Only big body 4 door luxury sedans are vip. That's like getting a tricycle and calling it a drift car...but hey, they have Big Wheels and those had an e-brake!!! Wait, does that make them donk then since they also have a big over-sized wheel on them? See how dumb that sounds?
With that said, shall I rephrase my original post? Maybe it should be worded 'vip inspired' or 'vip influenced' etc etc and so on. Point is, there is a distinct styling behind the vip scene no? Sleek styling, extremely well fitted wheels and great suspension ride height. Weather or not its the original platform of a Y33 etc the styling and imaging can be carried over to other vehicles. As I just stated above, I am in the market (and have been long before this discussion) for a proper chassis to build off of. I don't see the harm in creating something out of what one owns in the mean time.
SikNLow wrote:I'm thinking someone's been reading from the magazine rack at autozone or pepboys..... hahahahahaha i love Super Street!!!
As for you, you obviously have nothing decent or constructive to say in any way shape or form so I am done with you. Even after someone gives you a compliment on something you still act like a child. And ya, maybe I have been reading my magazines and seeing things on forums. One can't help if 99% of the population uses an incorrect term. So tell me this, were you born with this gift of knowledge? I'm sure you had a few bumps in the road along this journey yourself. Was there someone sitting there being a complete jackass to you when you made a mistake or said/did something wrong? Anyways, I said I was done with you. If you dont have somthing constructive to bring to this forum then there is no point of you being here.

DJButton
Car: 2010 Nissan 240sx

Hey douchebags knock it off.

Find something real to argue about next time.

By the way, I guess my Japanese friend and his wife who just tonight were using the term bippu are retarded or are in fact imposters and just speak giberish that sounds an aweful lot like Japanese. Yeah it is VIP but it's pronounced bippu so get over it and yourselves.

Widebody, Jspec, you're credentials both speak for themselves so just close this book before it gets more inane.

SikNLow, don't have any clue who you are, but if you want to stick around here or any other forum you'll wise up and grow up.

x240xdrifter
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

siknlow now matter how cool and tough you act online, your x240xdrifter will always remain small, so stop acting like a total douche and at least show some respect for your fellow members, seriously

SikNLow

oddly enough in my original post i said nothing demeaning nor remotely close to desrving of the response all of you have demostrated..... who am i? NO ONE. that's right I'll be the first to say it. NO ONE. wait odd surprise to you all as well...... you are all NO ONES TOO. so get this straight.

While you can all water down the style with some useless builds of cars that have no chance in hell to ever be called VIP (not bippu and yes if your friends are Japanese and saying bippu then they are chest slappers), they are 240sx's the meanest cars to ever be built for drift in my opinion since they are so well matched for the style.

Keep it that way before next month you decide DUBZ style would look better or maybe lowrider style, but that might not be till two months from now. and to the little bandwagon fools who want to join in and talk crap like they were in this to begin with.... sorry you only prove my point rather than push yours forward. I'm done so no worries go back to your flavor of the month BEEEEPOOOOOOOO

x240xdrifter
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

bts180sx
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx/Silvia S13

Yakota are you still there?

Damicci
Car: 1994 Q45/President

I always explain this. Bippu depends on the person but most Japanese i have spoken with do not use Bippu in written format normally VIP but when speaking face to face you will hear both. Problem is when you hear Non Japanese language speakers or students say it, it really has a harsh annoying sound to it. It's really not pronounce how it looks. More like vi-pu but the "u" is a slight u and not a drawn out one.

Anyway, you can build a car to whatever your liking but you can't build a True VIP car with out the platform. Believe what you want but it's just how it is. You can add the fusa's and the VIP branded wheels with great fitment and paint schemes but it will still be a 240 with Nice wheels and a Fusa, Not a VIP 240 or Versa or Corolla or Cressida or anything else that isn't a typically accepted chassi.

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about Camber?

WidebodyZ

Yes, as Damicci also said...it's not "bippu" so please stop calling it that and murdering the Japanese language..have some respect. My wife went to University in Kobe. I also used to live in Japan as did/do several people in this particular thread...none of which who use that word as you seem to like to. This isn't about starting some bs argument..it's about making sure we don't disrespect something that ISN'T OURS. The talks of banning show how immature this forum can be and how naive some of its' members are. I mean..you still see idiots driving around with new and old drivers stickers and decals...and they have no clue what they mean...or the use for them in Japan...although after seeing some of them drive, it might be accurate. It's a freakin' warning to other drivers that you suck at driving and to "look out". Haha..vip is not a trend and it isn't cheap..so please don't cheapen it out for those of us doing it right.

x240xdrifter..don't get me started..with that big talk and car in your sig, you have no right to be in this thread mouthing off. Taste your own medicine...and DJButton, you should know better with me on this. And just so you all know SikNLow is one of my peeps and has the know how. Post count doesn't equal intelligence and being truthful isn't against the forum rules. Don't forget I won that battle with Greg long ago. I'm not here to create drama..but misinformation is what kills car culture in the USA...TRUTH.

jspec603

WidebodyZ and Damicci, thank you for explaining things in an adult manner. For that I respect the both of you. Also Damicci, if you were closer I'd buy your car in a heartbeat.

WidbodyZ, I agree with you that alot of people misunderstand things and use things improperly. In my area we have kids that sport the Soshinoya Badge, usually 3 or 4 of them, yet when you try talking to them they are the meanest baddest driver on the road. If "bippu" is an incorrect word then fine, so be it. As I stated above, one assumes its correct when the majority of the population uses the phrase.

SikNLow, I'm going to quote a quote here.
SikNLow wrote:oddly enough in my original post i said nothing demeaning nor remotely close to deserving of the response all of you have demonstrated..... who am i? NO ONE. that's right I'll be the first to say it. NO ONE. wait odd surprise to you all as well...... you are all NO ONES TOO. so get this straight.

Omegamerc wrote:Its hard to transmit attitude through forum postings, all done with love and honest opinion, no bashing necessary

That should be applied here. If you remember, that is a line taken from when you first posted pics of your G in general chat on the G forum. It is as it says, hard to determine attitude. If you meant it otherwise, say so. The way something is written is a factor on how it will be perceived. And yes I am still going to build the 240 the way I am planning to. Yes I am still going to say it has the VIP influence. I am tired of the over saturated "mAd TyTe jDm dRiFtEr" world that the 240 realm has become. Will I flat out call it VIP, esp now? No. I'll be the bigger man here and say that I have been misled and mistaken. I'll also say that I know how to build a car too, so when I do get my hands on a G50 or Y33 chassis keep an eye out.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

WidebodyZ wrote:Don't forget I won that battle with Greg long ago.
News to me.

I'm LOL'ing at the newbs AND the "VIP" guys in this thread.

When you invent a "style", you can be its spokesperson. Until then, mod your car, smile and nod when you see someone "doing it wrong", and quit drinking the kool-aid.

People who claim to be "educated" on Japanese car culture are just as "bandwagoner" as the n00bz trying to "trend-up".

Now knock it the hell off before we have to have a garage battle - Pokemon-style.

p.s. Ever wonder if the Japanese see Grant's car and roll their eyes? Just wonderin'.

WidebodyZ

AZhitman wrote:News to me.

I'm LOL'ing at the newbs AND the "VIP" guys in this thread.

When you invent a "style", you can be its spokesperson. Until then, mod your car, smile and nod when you see someone "doing it wrong", and quit drinking the kool-aid.

People who claim to be "educated" on Japanese car culture are just as "bandwagoner" as the n00bz trying to "trend-up".

Now knock it the hell off before we have to have a garage battle - Pokemon-style.

p.s. Ever wonder if the Japanese see Grant's car and roll their eyes? Just wonderin'.
Haha, don't sweat it Greg. I know as we get older it's hard to remember everything.

People who are educated are, in my opinion, obligated to explain it to those who are not..to lessen confusion. It has nothing to do with being trendy. If you have a true love for something you're not a "bandwagoner"...and if that's the case, then sell your car Greg. Haha...since you'd be calling yourself one.

Oh, and the Japanese don't roll their eyes at Grant's cars..they do take notice of them, but only because they didn't expect a gaijin to be driving. I can attest to this since I drove his cars myself and got the same response (as well as driving my own cars when I lived there).

It's easy to say the things you did Greg, but to live by them yourself is another story. You know I'm not here to rock the boat..I'm here to keep it afloat. People need to know what's right and what's not..it's not a ego thing, I have respect for other cultures. Especially those I've been immersed in over the years and for many years. It's my duty to pass on the knowledge I have, not to hoard it for myself.

On that note..on with the Chlorophyll!!

Oh, on a side note, jspec603 there's nothing wrong with you building your car that way..it will look good. Just don't label it as something it's not. Saying your inspiration was vip cars when you built your 240 is fine. But calling it vip is not. I think you understand where I'm coming from now and that we're on the same page.

jspec603

WidebodyZ wrote:Oh, on a side note, jspec603 there's nothing wrong with you building your car that way..it will look good. Just don't label it as something it's not. Saying your inspiration was vip cars when you built your 240 is fine. But calling it vip is not. I think you understand where I'm coming from now and that we're on the same page.
Once again, Thanks for treating this conversion as an adult. I do understand that you are correct. I know I misrepresented my intentions right from the start, and for that I apologize. So with that said, good luck with the builds everyone.

SikNLow, not for anything, but lets call this a truce. I feel we both came across the wrong way. Take it or leave it, I care not either way.
Modified by jspec603 at 9:01 PM 7/1/2008

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

to all.

So, are you guys saying my old-school bolt-on flares and gold Kranzes don't make me "VIP"?

Dammit. I quit.

jspec603

^LOL too funny. I think your vert falls in a category all of its own Greg.

Ilvemynissan
Car: 240sx s13

Ok now, I know you can't have a vip car without the proper chassis, but if someone took any car and did everything the vip's do, wouldn't it be considered vip STYLE?

jspec603

You could call it style, styled after, influenced, encouraged by etc. The point of this whole argument ended up being that it is not VIP. I'm still going to build my vert and make it a sick ride, but it won't be VIP, it will only be influenced by. Anyways, perhaps a name should be given for said influenced style? lol

Ilvemynissan
Car: 240sx s13

zerothread/329024

Read Yakota's post the second one down. I think the name givin for said influenced style is in fact VIP Style?

Please someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Return to “VIP Forum”