HLSD for the altima coupe!

All things Altima Coupe.
Zerep
Car: A/C 2.5R

this makes me sad so the 2.5 have a crappy cvt i thought they would have put in the same cvt i should take it easier lol

mcheddadi
Car: R8

mcheddadi wrote:Ok so if the tranny swap is like the ones the maximas do I dont need to remove the engine

only the wheels, the front driver side axel, then the exhaust, the starter, the slave clutch cylinder, the air intake, the battery , the I got access to the tranny. I just emailed jimwolftechnology to know if they have a compatible clutch upgrade or flywheel upgrade since It'll be easily accessible with the tranny out . I'm going to try it out when it get hotter and the snow melts away.
I just got a reply from them:

"The 2008 Altima uses a smaller input shaft in the transmission than the 2002-2006 models and as a result, our JWT performance clutch for the 2002-2006 3.5L does not work. We are working on a clutch version for this. The earlier model JWT flywheel will fit but since the original clutch disc is a solid hub and our solid flywheel (original is a dual-mass design), is going to need a disc with a sprung hub, you would not want to install our flywheel without a sprung hub type disc used in place of the OEM. I will save your E-mail and advise you when we have a clutch to work with this smaller transmission input shaft in your transmission."

it's great to know that they are working on a clutch for us

One Crazy Max
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE 6MT

finally JWT is getting to work on our cars. ive been dying for a new clutch, this OEM clutch just doesnt cut it some times.

btw, what tranny swap are you talking about, or are you talking about the diff?

mcheddadi

One Crazy Max wrote:finally JWT is getting to work on our cars. ive been dying for a new clutch, this OEM clutch just doesnt cut it some times.

btw, what tranny swap are you talking about, or are you talking about the diff?
well to get to the diff you have to take out the tranny. and I was refereing to the fact that the tranny removal process is the same as the old maximas so I can use their DIY tutorials . then when I remove the tranny I can open it to swap the diff.

DGoldcoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe

i officialy hate having a frickin 2.5 CVT nothing cool and special comes out for it.

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

1. y pipe=3.52. turbo=3.5 and likely that ur cvt will die3. headers= 2.5 but wtf no updates4. this= sorry ur basiclly Fed in the A 2.5 with cvt

Beatrice
Car: 09 370Z

You're going to try this differential thing? Kudos. Let us know how it goes. $500 isn't bad at all for more efficient power transfer to the wheels. Good luck!

RobPaulson
Car: 2013 Subaru WRX

any updates on this LSD fitments install for us 3.5 6MT'rs?

mcheddadi

I'm going to try this summer, because of the cold and snow but if anyone wants to try it should definitely work like the diagrammed showed. unless something else that I didn't think about comes into play

mcheddadi

Ok guys, I called Dave Brunette (the coolest parts guys ever from nissan)and he gave me a great price for the HLSD and I ordered it. should be here in one to two weeks but I doubt I'll be able to install before carlisle.

this is soo cool!!!! byebye understeer, tire squeal and torque steer! (even thought there's not a lot of torque steer on our cars to begin with)

lets hope everything works as planned!

Modified by mcheddadi at 9:34 PM 5/17/2009

RobPaulson
Car: 2013 Subaru WRX

<<888 posts! rofl

QR25DE
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 2.5L 6MT Turbo

mcheddadi wrote:Ok guys, I called David Brunette (the coolest parts guys ever from nissan)and he gave me a great price for the HLSD and I ordered it. should be here in one to two weeks but I doubt I'll be able to install before carlisle.

this is soo cool!!!! byebye understeer, tire squeal and torque steer! (even thought there's not a lot of torque steer on our cars to begin with)

lets hope everything works as planned!
Hey, if you could do a full write-up and take pics when you install it that would be great. I've put an LSD in a Honda so I have a good understanding on what to do but if you're going to do it and put it in a guide would be perfect. If it works perfect for you I'll probably go get one as well.

mcheddadi

QR25DE wrote:
Hey, if you could do a full write-up and take pics when you install it that would be great. I've put an LSD in a Honda so I have a good understanding on what to do but if you're going to do it and put it in a guide would be perfect. If it works perfect for you I'll probably go get one as well.
I'll try and install it myself and there will be pics thats for sure, but if I have it done pro, then i'll stay there with them and take pics as well!

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

how much did it cost? and it'll fit on the CVT also right?

mcheddadi

Hussain wrote:how much did it cost? and it'll fit on the CVT also right?
cheap and loool you already asked the cvt question in the 2ND (!) post on this thread lol haha

but to answer your question, no it still won't fit the cvt because it's a completely different tranny. the HLSD goes inside the transaxle and is made to fit specifically in the 3.5SE 6MT's tranny.

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Just the 3.5 or will this work ont he 2.5?

the part is from the sentra right?

mcheddadi

dldjros69 wrote:Just the 3.5 or will this work ont he 2.5?

the part is from the sentra right?
yeah the part is from the SpecV 07+ sentras

I'm pretty positively sure the 2.5's 6MT is the same as teh 3.5's 6MT!it's only the 2.5's CVT that's different than the 3.5's CVT

hell yeah my 6MT brothas

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

mcheddadi wrote:hell yeah my 6MT brothas
Sweet

good luck with the installation... Cant wait for the results

Is this a worthwhile upgrade for the 2.5? due to the significantly less power output...

mcheddadi

dldjros69 wrote:
Sweet

good luck with the installation... Cant wait for the results

Is this a worthwhile upgrade for the 2.5? due to the significantly less power output...
well if you have enough power to understeer in a turn because you're accelerating too much, or to make your tire squeal at launch because you're giving too much power, or to make your car torque steer, then an HLSD is a worth while upgrade without a doubt.

Cj_Staal

Has anyone tried this yet?

rich2342
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Bump for updates mcheddadi...

I tried this in my 3rd gen but it was installed incorrectly ruining my tranny.

mcheddadi

still waiting for it too arrive lol, I'm at carlisle now btw. woot woot

Cj_Staal

I wish I was there I couldnt go because I have to help my sister move and mothers say is sunday... Family first ya know. I was gunna use my dads 350z nismo also ='(

mcheddadi

Ok guys you are going to love this! I JUST GOT THE DIFF TODAY!!!!

PICS:

So far so good, I'll go prepare the install and try to find the necessary tools

rich2342

Mheddi,

That is the exact same looking part as the one I got for my 3rd gen altima. The part was from 02-04 6 speed max. I recently sold it. Im sure the part #'s are different, but I wonder if it indeed is the same part?

When i was researching mine there was a Sentra se-r spec v diff with a differrent part # than the Maxima diff i had installed, yet it was the same exact part...

mcheddadi

the old sentra and maxima where compatible between each other but I don't know if the new 07+ specV and the 6mt altimas are compatible with them.if they are then I guess it would be great. if you can get the diagram of the 04-06 maxima we could confirm if they would physically fit and the only thing left would be to see if the axels have the right grooves that would slide in the diff. whats the price range of these old diffs?

rich2342

Depending on who you order from.. 500 -700.

You will also need the two bearings about 30 a pop if i remember correctly.

I order from pinnacle nissan in Arizona. Best price by far!

mcheddadi

Finally, the momement of truth! heheI'm going to be installing the HLSD this weekend with the help of my mechanic.should be over monday!

massive grip here I come!

mcheddadi

Ok! I just finished removing the tranny! was relativly easy with the powertools (read: IMPACT WRENCH FTW)

noticed one gasket was leaking for the engine coolant before the removal...that explains the almost non existent amount I had before Carlisle. I'll get that fixed underwarranty later

Took 2hours and a half to remove the front subframe, the y-pipe, the front axles, the starter motor, the intake and the two wheels + wishbones.

I got 130pics, I'll upload later. tomorrow we are opening the tranny and swaping the diffs! can't beleive this is happening! First HLSD equiped altima coupe IN THE WORLD!

Mr. Music
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S CVT w/ Convenience Package
In the family: '02 S15 Spec R, '09 Rogue

Mehdi, your crazy, and this is awesome. I hope everything works out as planned.

From his thread in gen chat:
mcheddadi wrote:It has started

mcheddadi

I DID IT! FCK YEAH! WOUOOOOOOHOOOO!!!

FIRST ALTIMA COUPE WITH HLSD IN THE WORLD!

small step for...who am I kiding, HUGE STEP FOR ME, HUGE STEP FOR THE WORLD!!

pics later!

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”